Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Bizjetting out of Vienna

This is the Feelthere (not Carenado!) Embraer Phenom 100.    A fantastic, under-rated biz jet, with far better systems than the newer Carenado offering (working FLC, etc).

Blasting out of FlyTampa Vienna, on a rainy Tuesday morning  :smile:

114.jpg

214.jpg

314.jpg

410.jpg

510.jpg

610.jpg

710.jpg

Guest Mik75

Beautiful pics! And the feelthere Phenom is surely better than the Carenado jet releases!

May I ask you, which cloud textures we can see in these amazing shots?

Beautiful pics! And the feelthere Phenom is surely better than the Carenado jet releases!

May I ask you, which cloud textures we can see in these amazing shots?

Thank you Michael!

The clouds are from REX4 Texture Direct, and are Set 01 for the Mid/High Level Clouds, and Set 01 for the Low Level Clouds too. :smile:

Guest Mik75

Thank you Michael!

The clouds are from REX4 Texture Direct, and are Set 01 for the Mid/High Level Clouds, and Set 01 for the Low Level Clouds too. :smile:

Thanks a lot! Even though I use REX soft clouds at the moment, I might, as an owner of REX 4 texture direct, want to give these clouds a try! ;-)

Thanks a lot! Even though I use REX soft clouds at the moment, I might, as an owner of REX 4 texture direct, want to give these clouds a try! ;-)

I've tried many other texture sets for REX4, but I always come back to the Set 01 packages.  I find them pretty unbeatable.

Craig,
how do you rate this aircraft compared to the same benchmarks (A2A, RealAir etc.)? How are systems (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, pressurization) modeled? How is avionics?

I was always interested to the Phenom, but kept away from Carenado's version and also wondered why the Feelthere's bird apparently received so little attention. There are not so many reviews out there.

Phenom 100 very nice jet!

HLJAMES

I can confirm what you said about the Feelthere Phenom, Craig. Start from cold and dark in the Carenado and within seconds you are up and away. Try that in the Feelthere and all hell brakes loose

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Craig, Great shots of a most underrated business jet, as others have said it is much better than the Carenado product

The built in Goflight drivers and key mapping are something other Devs could learn from as well.

Sweet looking jet and phenomenal shots Craig!

Chris Sunseri

Craig,

how do you rate this aircraft compared to the same benchmarks (A2A, RealAir etc.)? How are systems (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, pressurization) modeled? How is avionics?

I was always interested to the Phenom, but kept away from Carenado's version and also wondered why the Feelthere's bird apparently received so little attention. There are not so many reviews out there.

I would say I rate it similarly to how I'd rate most of Feelthere's decent aircraft;  in that the systems are really strong (not quite PMDG but a nautical mile ahead of Carenado), sound is always excellent (specific switch sounds etc - again a weak area for Carenado) and generally good immersion.    Texturing and modelling is always adequate to quite good, but certainly not class-leading.   Oh and some of feelthere's aircraft (such as the Phenom and the ERJ v2) have fantastic FDE and hand flying characteristics.

If you buy it and immediately judge it against Carenado's, purely on VC texturing, you'd be disappointed.  But by the time you got to systems, sounds, and FDE, I reckon you'd be pleased.

saying all that, most of feelthere's jets have really good FMCs and integrated avionics.  This aircraft obviously has a G1000 based system and to be completely honest, it's not the best out there.   Not to Flight 1 levels, but again, better than Carenado's IMHO.

No Navigraph integration, correct?

Correct.  Their other products are navigraph updateable, but the G1000 in this aircraft isn't navigraph updateable.

Correct.  Their other products are navigraph updateable, but the G1000 in this aircraft isn't navigraph updateable.

Thank you very much, Craig.

I am pretty puzzled at the moment. I have your opinion in high regard, on the other side I wonder how and why your evaluation matches so little other respectable reviews, for example Mutley Hangar's, who conversely released a pretty enthustiastic review about the Carenado's model.

For different reasons I am considering both and not being fully convinced of neither of them. I will probably pass on for the moment.