Sign in to follow this  
timers15

FS Passengers: WOW!!!!

Guest davidvoogd

This program will work with any plane - I've been flying the demo with a 172R. It is fully customizable so I'm sure you could use it for everything from a C150 to a Gulfstream V to a 747-400.It automatically detects your type of aircraft and will disable features such as the stewardess and that based on the type.

>Because of my handling of the emergency, I received a number>of bonus points. The passengers thought my company should>deserve a better reputation. And I made a nice profit from the>flight. I can start saving to buy another airplane...Hmmm... It seems to me that the cost of repairing the damage from the "small arms fire" would surely be many times more than the revenue from the flight, much less any possible "profit." :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Fortress

>Does it run on WideFS?>>You can connect the output of your sound card on the WideFS>computer to the In on the sound card of the primary FS>computer. Oh but it would need the aircraft payload data and>other FS data right? I wonder if that is available via>FSUIPC?>>Just currious if someone has done this.>>Barry>This isn't possible Barry. It must be on the FS PC.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/conc_capt_ba.jpgConcorde Training Captainwww.BAVirtual.co.uk

Guest costone

Aside from the humorous "War" scenarios, I think it's a pretty attractive and flexible add-on considering that it functions very well within FS9. The one thing that I thought was lacking in FS9 is more involved interaction at the gates with the flight crew, boarding pax and pushback. This program is a solid start and does an admirable job at keeping you quite keen on the cabin crew and pax liability involved over the course of the flight...so I give them points for that. Initially I though the price was a little high at first, but I haven't explored the program enough to warrant making that call yet. The 'airline management' challenge is an interesting approach to making FS more than just a one time hop in the sim (as enjoyable as that can be). It's more like Monopoly, you focus on operational things outside of the sim so to speak. Not interested in taking fire on approach though :-lol I think we have enough flak going on from the FS9 ATC handling (you'd never get shot down the way they vector you!). Just give me a realistic pushback tug at the jetway and I'll be content for quite a while....Mike (KJFK/KLGA)DELL XPS Gen 5 Dual Core HTT 3.2GHz 800FSB2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 800GB RAIDWinXPP (SP2) DX9ATI Radeon X850 XT PE2405FP 24" Ultrasharp Widescreen...and Loving PMDG 737 800-900/Level-D 767/Ultimate Traffic/Imagine Simulations KDEN,KDTW,KMSY/Ultimate Terrain USA/Active Camera Pro/Weather Maker Pro 3/FsPassengers

Guest Fortress

It takes a bit of configuring mind, last night I ripped the non-existant flaps off my Concorde then had to pay $144k for the privilege of not putting them back on :)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/conc_capt_ba.jpgConcorde Training Captainwww.BAVirtual.co.uk

Hello,I tried the demo and then bought the program. I received my unlock key via email in about one minute. I read the manual and tried my first flight this AM. I flew my new Caravan, with "6 golfers on board" from Myrtle Beach to Charleston SC. The program really added a new dimension to my sim flying. I use live weather and the addon really made me concentrate on A/C stability and passenger comfort. It gave me a bad mark for not illuminating the seatbelt sign prior to takeoff. It has a feature that lets you add the button to your panel if you need it.The passenger comfort became a little frantic due to a lot of chop during the flight. They seemed to relax a lot when I slowed down and cut the bounce to a minimum. The addon displays the passenger discomfort and messages in a small window in the upper left of my screen. At landing, I received a "very professional" rating from the addon but was scored a minus for the seatbelt infraction.I like this addon a lot. It works with ALL of my addons from GA to big stuff. There is NO loss of FPS that I can see and I will now try it with my other addons such as Radar Contact 3.1 to test for problems.Thanks to all and happy sim flying,Ron SagelNear KCHS

Guest IanP

I lost $78k when I landed what was left of my demo B737 flight at San Francisco using just the ASI, altimeter, VSI and Whiskey Compass, so you don't always make money on flights in warzones... Realistically, I would have needed a new aircraft with the damage list in the flight report.I'm now building hours using the C172, but I've got to say that I am now staying well away from the Buchanan/Concord area until I have disposed of the warzone! :-hahCheers,Ian P.

This addon looks great. Now for the BIG question: With ASV, AIsmooth, AND FSPassengers also running, what is the frame rate hit??? While I like the idea, I am beginning to wonder how many programs can run in the background before the entire flight scenario suffers. Anyone running FSP with this sort of system: 3.0GHz, 1GB ram, Nvidia 256 video. I typically run AItraffic at 100%. ASV with overcast skies has been dragging fps down a bit with the Aeroworx B200, but still running smooth with the PMDG. Mike

Guest byoung

The best thing to do is get another PC and run WideFS. Then you can unload ASV and AISmooth off to the other PC and just load FS Passengers to the main FS system.You don't have to have a powerhouse PC to run ASV and other utils that use FSUIPC via WideFS. LAN hardware is pretty cheap these days. You just have to have an internet connection and 256 MB minimum and a moderate video card (just for Windows apps).It really helps off load processes to distribute the work load.Hope this helps!Barry

Guest costone

It is completely transparent with frame hits. I'm still finding that I can maintain 40-60fps on average even with all these adds cooking in the back! Of course that's with the exception of add-on airport scenery which kicks down to about 20-30fps (which I think is totally acceptible on my rig). Smooth flowing AI is still an incredible sight above 40fps.Further, FsPassengers should have no hit at all because it consists of mostly wav file responses and low-impact data crunching. I also like the summary data in the flight report which indicates elapsed flight times both in the air and on ground, cruise speeds in all phases of flight including touchdown, and fuel burned. Additionally, I like the fact that you become even more focused on flight efficiency and resources as a result of the program. My only very minor gripe is that the English translation and terminology of words used can be a little better defined throughout the program. Maybe they can find a real English (or French speaking...) FSO to use all those wonderful phrases that really rip into your mistakes....Mike (KJFK/KLGA)DELL XPS Gen 5 Dual Core HTT 3.2GHz 800FSB2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 800GB RAIDWinXPP (SP2) DX9ATI Radeon X850 XT PE2405FP 24" Ultrasharp Widescreen...and Loving PMDG 737 800-900/Level-D 767/Ultimate Traffic/Imagine Simulations KDEN,KDTW,KMSY/Ultimate Terrain USA/Active Camera Pro/Weather Maker Pro 3/FsPassengers

OMG! This is a very nice FS addon. I just took my 767 of "Cheep Cheep Bird" airline down to Tampa. Um, conditions there were less than optimal due to the hurricane. Anyway, I opted to serve drinks late in the flight, which helped +1% satisfaction. Which was good, because I had a 10% fear due to turbulence. However, the fear turned into "impressed with the weather" and the final report said the pax were happy to have been delivered through the severe weather. I did lose some pilot points because of the drinks being interrupted by arrival, but hey, pax satisfaction is more important!

>FYI: When I do my GA stuff, and if I fly to east from KPWA,>ATC tells me to overfly Tinker all the time, I've never been>shot at, and I live on Tinker and can asuredly say that we've>never shot any one down.>>JeffIt does sound like an interesting program and I will probably check it out, but what is really interesting to me is that I live south of Tinker and all my default flights start at KPWA. Thats where I actually got to pilot a Piper Warrior from taxi and take off to Weatherford airport. My only real world pilotage. Hey Jeff, how long have you been at Tinker and did you ever know a Phillip Doud, He was AWACS instructor at Tinker, now hes stationed at Enid??Sorry to butt in "But" I saw KPWAJimC.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Nick,Having spent a lifetime on active duty in the US Navy, and heard countless diatribes regarding "trigger happiness" issued by people with no understanding of the Service, I will admit to being a tad sensitive about something like this. That said, I did say that I was "disturbed" but that's not synonymous with "worked up". I simply echoed concerns expressed by other posters before me and asked a legitimate question about the program. At the time I asked the question, the FSPassengers forum was inaccessible to new members because of a failure in their autoresponder...I could not post my question there, and this forum is often a good place to go when situations like that arise.I have since purchased the program...I tried the demo and found that it contributed an element to my hobby experience that had been overlooked. It turns out to be very flexible and easy to use, and I recommend it. If you go to the FSPassengers download section, you'll even find a payload model I created for the Super King Air B200.Best Regards,Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleischwww.simulomundusrex.blogspot.com

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest ap9dm1

What about the performance impact - can we ahve some feedback on that? I noticed a considerable impact usign teh demo itself, although in fairness I haveonly tried is once. I would be keen to know more about any performance impact the full version may have. Any takers?____________________________________________AMD64 3400+ATi Radeon 9800SE 256MB (softmod to 9800 PRO)2 X 512Mb DDR333 Kingston RAM 200Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200 HDD(x32 XP SP2 Home)40GB Hitachi SATA 7200 HDD (x64 XP Pro)Abit AV8 Pro moboSony DVD-ROMLG DVD-RW"How wide the limits stand, between a splendid and a happy land"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg[/img]

Guest IanP

I've noticed no performance impact at all... so far. ;-)Cheers,Ian P.