Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

ERJ 135/145 v2 issue

I have read through the documentation and followed it to the dot but still haveing issues. I have loaded the flight plan into the aircraft. Everything is set and once I reached 1000 ft I engaged the autopilot. I selected hit the alitude button, engaged NAV to follow the flight plan. It does not follow. I tried setting my VS to 1400ft and it climbs to like 4000ft. It is out of control. I tried setting the heading on the aircraft and and pressed the heading button and the aircraft does nothing but continues on the heading it is currently flying. I have been hand flying my flights which I shouldn't have to be doing. Anybody have any help they can share? This aircraft looks great but isn't flying great.

Josh Scholl

Did you manage to get your CX750 working ?

The ERJ145 and the ES CX750 autopilots both work fine for me, I really cannot understand the problems you seem to be having with these two.

I am starting to think there is something wrong in your simulators install if neither of these will follow the loaded flight plans.

I had the same issue with erj v1. That's why I stopped flying it. I got cx750 to work. I unis talked and reinstalled v1 and still wouldn't work correctly.

Josh Scholl

Very hard to say anything exactly based on the limited info you provided. To that end this suggestion is a stab in the dark:

Did you press the FMS button on the DCP before hitting the NAV button on the AP? (DCP are the two identical small panels just right and left of the autopilot on the glareshield). Although the DCP is a 'display control panel' the 2 buttons in the upper right hand corner (NAV and FMS) are the actual buttons that tells the AP which source to use. So if you want the plane to follow the FMS you gotta hit the FMS button on the DCP before you engage the NAV function on the AP. And vice versa, if you want the AP to follow VOR's you hit the NAV button first, followed by the NAV button on the AP itself.

I hit the fms button which then turned my pfd from green VOR to a magenta line for the fms.

Josh Scholl

Yes, it's supposed to do that. If you did that, and activated the FD, the plane should now fly according to your FMS flightplan when you engage the AP + NAV button. I am asuming you have programmed a flightplan and that there's no errors in it, threw in a SID (if applicable) and that you can see the flightplan displayed on the right PFD.

I preloaded a flight plan. I can see the entire plan on my display. Engage nav and nothing. Nothing when I try selecting the heading bug. I'm about to just uninstalling it. I have heard so much good news about if so I bought it but having nothing but problems. The HDG is in green the LNAV in white. At one point the LNAV was green. When I turn heading off I get a green ROL. I have checked fms over and over. No discontinuity. Heading should at least work at the least.

Josh Scholl

I can truly tell you that I have never had any issues with neither v1 or v2 of the Embraer jets, it is a 'fiddely' little aircraft with a certain logic to it's systems. Just like Boeing and Airbus have their system logic set up differently.

So that means you have to take the right steps in the right order, or else....... :o

And I know from experience when it's been a long time between flights, I forget certain points in the flow, then things tend to get messed up and I have a D'OH moment when I remember that I forgot this or that. So yeah, she'll pretty much ignore you if you ignore her....and her needs :lol:

I can write a tiny, highly unscientific, totally basic A to B "tutorial" of which butttons to press at which stage to enable a safe LNAV flight if you want.

At this point I'm stumped. I'd appreciate the tutorial if you have the time. Thank you.

Josh Scholl

Make sure the planes heading after takeoff is on an intercepted course with your stared Nav/Way points. If the PFD did not display LNAV in a pink color.  I think the LNAV is not engaged.   That would be a possible issue for you.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Intel I5 3570K OC 4.2GHz, MSI GTX 670 2GB SLI, MB: Asus P8Z77-V Pro. RAM: 16GB HD:750GB

I set that heading for my flight plan before take off.  At any point I should be able to use the heading select even if not on the flight plan.  That's the strange thing.  Many things not working correctly.  LNAV, Heading and VS.  I set the aircraft to VS 1500FT and it climbs to 6000ft.  It is just out of wack.

Josh Scholl

I set the aircraft to VS 1500FT and it climbs to 6000ft.

What Altitude did you have set on the PFD when it did this ?

Could you look at the properties of your Magdec.bgl and post the dates and file size

(FSX\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\Magdec.bgl)

I believe you have to press the DIRECT button on the FMS then press the waypoint you want to go to: the plane should turn to the waypoint.

Dwight Heyer

I will look into that file size and date when I get home.  I have tried the direct to my first waypoint as well.  No go.  As soon as I get home I will check that file you are speaking of.  Hope to get this aircraft up and running.

Josh Scholl