Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Is it fixed yet?

So, after a less than warm reception when the Hawker was released, have the bugs, glitches, glaringly obvious omitions and slapdashery been ironed out yet?  Is it worth buying now?

Many bugs persist after the SP1 so it may be better to wait the SP2 and see if Carenado has pulled his finger out.

I hope so, but given that it has already been pointed out elsewhere on these forums Carenado rarely release a SP2.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I hope so, but given that it has already been pointed out elsewhere on these forums Carenado rarely release a SP2.

Not true..

Bert

They should release an SP2 soon, it still needs to fix some little things, but it's completely flyable (IMHO and for me), because there are some people that complains excesively...and the aircraft is not that bad, sincerely...

it's completely flyable

After applying some mods found here, you're right :)

Honestly I have had good time with this bird.

but it's completely flyable

That can mean different things to different people.    The default Cessna in FSX is completely flyable.  It's just that it is also complete bollocks to start with.

Let me put it this way.  Are we 10%, 50% or 90% on our way to having a convincing simulation of the 850XP

That can mean different things to different people.    The default Cessna in FSX is completely flyable.  It's just that it is also complete bollocks to start with.

Let me put it this way.  Are we 10%, 50% or 90% on our way to having a convincing simulation of the 850XP

We debated this in not less than 15 or 20 threads during the last month.

If you are looking for an aircraft with 100% or 95% of systems modeled, this is a no-go for you. According to rumours there should be an SP2 on the way, which will probably fix some bugs, but will hardly change it to a fully modeled aircraft. This is a fact.

That said, even with these limitations, the aircraft is very nice to fly, especially after applying some mods. Most of us buyers are liking it and enjoying it. That's another fact.

Now, with this in mind, the choice is totally up to you.

If you are looking for an aircraft with 100% or 95% of systems modeled, this is a no-go for you.

Not interested in all systems.  But at the minimum, a convincing flight model (judged by the likes of Peter James)  and a fully functioning NAV system/FMS.  Not particularly fussed wish slapdashery on the other systems.

and a fully functioning NAV system/FMS

It can be flown using the FMS completely and NAV systems...I've flown 104 hours on it with no single prob at all...full ILS approach, VNAV mode works correctly, etc...I'm real happy with it! :)

It can be flown using the FMS completely and NAV systems...I've flown 104 hours on it with no single prob at all...full ILS approach, VNAV mode works correctly, etc...I'm real happy with it! :)

VNAV doesn't work at all like the real deal. Not one bit, so I'm sorry but it doesn't work correctly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

VNAV doesn't work at all like the real deal. Not one bit, so I'm sorry but it doesn't work correctly.

I've been able to fly 104 hours, mostly using VNAV to climb and almost the whole cruise, what's wrong with it?, my longest flight was 2,250nm, It follows the route correctly, also the ILS, it climbs correctly, follows the speed, etc...I was able to arrive to any destination...what is the exact problem?, because I've done 55 flights from A to B, with no probs at all...

I've been able to fly 104 hours, mostly using VNAV to climb and almost the whole cruise, what's wrong with it?, my longest flight was 2,250nm, It follows the route correctly, also the ILS, it climbs correctly, follows the speed, etc...I was able to arrive to any destination...what is the exact problem?, because I've done 55 flights from A to B, with no probs at all...

I guess what Ed is getting at is 'expected' behaviour vs 'actual' behaviour.

Since 99% of us have no experience on the real deal, we don't really have a frame of reference to judge what is expected or not, unless of course the behaviour is so odd, that even hacks like us could call it out. 

Anyway, the people whose opinions I respect seem to favour the package now with the available mods/SP's etc, so I'll take the plunge this weekend.

Hi,I have v 1.2 installed on my PC for about 3  weeks without it running properl y once. When I select this aircraft in my P3D v2.5 machine it immediately goes from an average 35-45 fps (Majestic Q400 a similar complexity aircraft) to .3 fps. The frustrating thing is some people can get this aircraft to fly properly and some like me it never has worked.I do hope Carenado are giving this issue some serious time.