Sign in to follow this  
hobeprime

Fuel Pumps in checklist?

Hello,

I have come very accustomed to flying with my copilot. I have one problem though which I would like to suggest for a future update:

Can the fuel pumps be included in the appropriate checklist prior to departure? (Personally, I would even favor a short checklist when reaching cruise altitude - just to remind the PF to check if all systems are working correctly - I write this knowing that Aerosoft has not included any faults in this simulation).

My problem is: I work so closely with my artificial colleague that I often forget to do things he does not tell me to. The problem here is that Aerosoft has not modelled the fuel pumps to cause a malfunction when switched off. That means: If you do not switch on your fuel pumps, the aircraft flies without consuming any fuel.

While this would be a brilliant invention in real life - in virtual life it means that my MLW is way too high when I land. Since I fly for a virtual airline, I get (massive) penalty points for that.

If you could include a short check of the fuel pumps, I would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks a million,

Dennis

We used the actual Airbus checklist.

Really? Without a checklist at cruise level? I thought it was imperative that you checked all systems when on cruise...

Otherwise I cannot rely on my copilot anymore and that would really be a pitty. I like the product. Would some sort of configuration make sense where you could choose between a "lean" and a "full" checklist or something like that?

Thanks,

Dennis

In Airbus, fuel pumps are turned on as a part of the preflight procedure, i.e. the initial overhead panel scan. If you do it correctly there is no way to forget the fuel pumps.

Also there simply isn't any "criuse checklist" for the real thing. Why do you want the developers to do it unrealistically?

Why do you want the developers to do it unrealistically?

That's why I asked and said "I thought it was..." I understand that different companies have different checklists. I do not want the developers to make anything unrealistic (if you let aside that it is unrealistic to sit alone in a "cockpit" where you can't just scan around and see whether anything looks unnormal :wink:  ).

Regards,

Dennis