Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

In Search of the Tasmanian Devil

SOO84(NWWW-YMLT) on the "big island" of New Caledonia makes a late afternoon run to Tasmania's fastest growing airport of Launceston.  I was kind of hoping to spot some Tasmanian devils on approach, but the sun was setting fast and I don't think they like big GE engines :lol:

soo84_zpspz6dnzhx.jpg

soo84-1_zpsr3ys4um4.jpg

soo84-2_zpsl9bp7acc.jpg

soo84-3_zps57xpzvqv.jpg

soo84-4_zpseksvmafy.jpg

soo84-5_zps0b9nz9we.jpg

soo84-6_zpsluduxeil.jpg

soo84-7_zps3cattgrp.jpg

soo84-8_zps5qfbomk9.jpg

soo84-9_zpspwlehgsa.jpg

soo84-10_zpsrb9tj60s.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Great looking sky and theme on those!

HLJAMES

Stunning

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Beautiful shots, and Chris, I just want to thank you; 

The lovely shots aside, the destinations you choose are really inspiring!  So many people stick to "home" (the US or Western Europe, etc), but you really inspire with these great, lesser known areas of the FS world.    I'm like you're shadow - I fly most of the sectors that you post, soon after you have! :smile:

Beautiful shots, and Chris, I just want to thank you; 

The lovely shots aside, the destinations you choose are really inspiring!  So many people stick to "home" (the US or Western Europe, etc), but you really inspire with these great, lesser known areas of the FS world.    I'm like you're shadow - I fly most of the sectors that you post, soon after you have! :smile:

I appreciate that Craig and got a nice laugh to boot!  I've always been the adventurous type with real life travels around the globe and the same with FSX.  Before every flight I load up Google Earth and say to myself "what am I in the mood for this trip?" If I fly two routes in Europe, I'll then flop to the South Pacific or even Siberia.  Later on I might try a short run from say Miami to St Louis.  I like variety with off the beaten path locations and trying to put unknowns on the map.

I have scores of freeware airports to supplement the payware airports.  I was thinking about buying Aerosoft's Antarctica, but I'm not really sure how much I'd actually fly down there.  So many airports....so little time :lol:

As far as realism goes, I at least make an attempt on what liveries I fly with and their routes.  I wouldn't use a Delta 737 on a flight from Cairns to Melbourne and conversely I wouldn't use a Qantas 737 inside the states.  That's why I fly cargo birds so much as one could see them just about anywhere.  I'm always in search of new liveries to download to help increase my options.  Sort of like an addiction you could say :rolleyes:

Look for a 777F departing Innsbruck Austria soon with a destination yet to be determined!!

Chris Sunseri

Great approach to flight simming  B)  .. similar to my own, where the geography (and how it can spark the imagination) is a big part of the experience, as well as the aircraft and the flying.

I've got AS Antactica, and it is indeed vast, and with some great bases.  But I admit I rarely use it as it is a very specialized type of scenery.   I fly it a lot in the winter (northern hemisphere) but rarely in the summer - when I normally want a nice sunny sim!