Sign in to follow this  
shoegazer100

Editing P3D v2 Config to add custom AI?

The only way I can get my custom AI to appear is if I put my Ai planes in the "Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder. I'd rather keep my Ai planes in a separate folder, preferably on another drive even. I had no trouble doing this with FSX.

From reading the forums here others seem to have been able to add a line to the p3d config file like SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\Ai where Ai is the folder that has my Ai planes (just like with FSX). My config file doesn't have any "SimObjectPaths" lines, and when I add them, my custom Ai doesn't appear if I have the planes in my "Ai" folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know you have to put them in your simobjects folder 

Rich Sennett

The only way I can get my custom AI to appear is if I put my Ai planes in the "Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes" folder. I'd rather keep my Ai planes in a separate folder, preferably on another drive even. I had no trouble doing this with FSX.

From reading the forums here others seem to have been able to add a line to the p3d config file like SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\Ai where Ai is the folder that has my Ai planes (just like with FSX). My config file doesn't have any "SimObjectPaths" lines, and when I add them, my custom Ai doesn't appear if I have the planes in my "Ai" folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you start counting at 0 (zero)?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

You can put your AI aircraft in ANY folder you want. You just have to specify that folder in the simobjects.cfg file located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

You can actually put any simobject anywhere using C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simObjects.cfg

Just add an entry say:

[Entry.9]    <<<<<<<<<<10 ,11,....
Path=YourDrive\YourFolder\Your airplane    (C:\AIPlanes\ai)

Jorge

You can actually put any simobject anywhere using C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simObjects.cfg

Jorge

Thank you have to try that 

Rich Sennett

Thanks everyone for the replies.

What Dave and Jorge suggested worked for me. Thanks guys! I didn't realize there was a simobjects.cfg and probably never would have known it existed. I was editing the prepar3d.cfg.

I have my AI planes in a separate Airplanes_AI folder. I then take a backup of that folder every time that it is changed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png