Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Occasional Microstutters Gone. With this .......

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24751-HPET-Or-how-microstuttering-could-be-eliminated

This seems to work great with older systems like mine 2600K GTX580. I can not get FSX-SE or P3D to stutter with this tweak. Amazing. But if you experience micro stutters because you have a bad config, it may not work.

I just taxied in the PMDG 777 around FSDT KLAX, and took off, and not one micro stutter. GSX use to stutter when pushing back too, but smooth as.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks,

Tried it made no difference at all...but hope it does for some users..

all the best

Mark

What few microstutters I had left seem gone for the moment after enabling this clock. I'll keep an eye on it.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24751-HPET-Or-how-microstuttering-could-be-eliminated

This seems to work great with older systems like mine 2600K GTX580. I can not get FSX-SE or P3D to stutter with this tweak. Amazing. But if you experience micro stutters because you have a bad config, it may not work.

I just taxied in the PMDG 777 around FSDT KLAX, and took off, and not one micro stutter. GSX use to stutter when pushing back too, but smooth as.

Funny that you bring this up now, I just read about the exact same issue in PMDG's 777 Introduction Manual in regards to stutters or as they put it "pauses". It seems ASUS had the most problems with that.A BIOS update along with a recommended BIOS battery change should help that.

I have a gigabyte board Ric, getting on a bit now, but still rock solid. The timer tweak has certainly worked for me. I don't think the mega systems of today would benefit.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Your on a roll Julian. Enabled mine, cant see how it could hurt at the very least

ZORAN

I did a research on this and it seems that if you have a modern computer (i5 or i7) you need this disabled, both in win and in bios!

I've tried both disabled and it seems this is the best for me!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

I did a research on this and it seems that if you have a modern computer (i5 or i7) you need this disabled, both in win and in bios!

I've tried both disabled and it seems this is the best for me!

Im a bit confused whats modern and what old. Modern becomes old very quickly in PC land

ZORAN

Im a bit confused whats modern and what old. Modern becomes old very quickly in PC land

If you have i5 2500K or i7 2600k it's better to use this on. If you have i5 4670k or i7 4770k or 4790k it's better with this off. Remember, this HPET technology it's 10 years old, this is why you have it disabled by default in your OS and most motherboards vendors doesn't have HPET in BIOS (because it's to old)

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

Thanks for clearing that up, Im i5 2500k. In any case this mod is easy to enable/disable so worth some testing time

ZORAN

If you search on google "hpet on or off", you will have so many topics to read that at the end of the day you still can't decide if it's best with it off or on.

I've made a simple test with HPET on and HPET off and for me it's best off. One should try both options and see the difference!

Regards, Albert Miu

Thanks for clarifying this. Yes, I have a 2600K  so that would be why I am getting a benefit from this. I agree with Zoran, computers get old quick. :)

Your on a roll Julian. Enabled mine, cant see how it could hurt at the very least

Exactly. No harm can be done by giving it a whirl