Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

Performance isn't as bad as I thought, it was partly due to real weather, it is cloudy so often in the area. Earlier today was overcast, and that was bringing my framerates down. Thanks to DX9 even my Titan video card cannot handle 8xAA 2xSGSS 16XAF with a complicated addon Siting on the ground right now, I am getting 20-25fps, better than the 12-20 before,

Performance isn't as bad as I thought, it was partly due to real weather, it is cloudy so often in the area. Earlier today was overcast, and that was bringing my framerates down. Thanks to DX9 even my Titan video card cannot handle 8xAA 2xSGSS 16XAF with a complicated addon Siting on the ground right now, I am getting 20-25fps, better than the 12-20 before,

So you're seeing an increase in performance over the Default KSEA?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I get around 20fps in the PMDG 737, even in the outside view. I am not using FTX PNW, only FTX Global. No AI either. Very heavy on framerates with default scenery, PNW and lots of AI would probably be a slideshow. Reading Orbx forums they say the default ship crane textures are what causes a lot of fps loss in the Seattle area. I am so sick of FSX, 4ghz i7 and a Titan video card? Not enough for this game!

If thats the case why don't they just get rid of them?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If thats the case why don't they just get rid of them?

I am not using FTX PNW and seeing 20-25fps on the ground in the cockpit of the PMDG NGX with only FTX Global. I could use clear weather but I like realism. No AI traffic that is the most I go

So you're seeing an increase in performance over the Default KSEA?

No it is heavier on framerates than default. I used ezdok and walked into the terminals. Each terminal inside is modeled with seats and posters and things, I dont know why, I guess people like that now. I would be fine with just a non see through glass texture

No it is heavier on framerates than default. I used ezdok and walked into the terminals. Each terminal inside is modeled with seats and posters and things, I dont know why, I guess people like that now. I would be fine with just a non see through glass texture

Of all airports that really need to be optimized for performance, they choose KSEA to model the interior? You'd think they would have left the airport terminal interiors out of the equation to improve performance.

I haven't bought it yet, but when I fly into KSEA in airliners I don't have PNW active since it's not really needed for that type of arrival or departure and the area doesn't seem to bad on performance.

Can someone tell me what sized textures are used for the airport, meaning 1024, 2048 or 4096 and the compressions? I'm interested to see what they used so that I have an idea of how much texture redoing I will have to do if I purchase this.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Of all airports that really need to be optimized for performance, they choose KSEA to model the interior? You'd think they would have left the airport terminal interiors out of the equation to improve performance.

Good point.

Can someone tell me what sized textures are used for the airport, meaning 1024, 2048 or 4096 and the compressions? I'm interested to see what they used so that I have an idea of how much texture redoing I will have to do if I purchase this.

I don't have it yet (and probably will never buy it for several reasons) but I have quite a few of their other airports and they almost always use reasonably high-def textures. I've had to downsample all of their textures to 1024x1024...

At any rate, if I were to buy it, I'd wait until the inevitable 1.1 or 1.2 version once they've gotten all of the bugs zapped away as their QC has been relatively poor. I'm waiting on them to fix issues with OTHH, VHHH and MMMX but I'm not expecting much...

I don't have it yet (and probably will never buy it for several reasons) but I have quite a few of their other airports and they almost always use reasonably high-def textures. I've had to downsample all of their textures to 1024x1024...

At any rate, if I were to buy it, I'd wait until the inevitable 1.1 or 1.2 version once they've gotten all of the bugs zapped away as their QC has been relatively poor. I'm waiting on them to fix issues with OTHH, VHHH and MMMX but I'm not expecting much...

Yeah, I resize all their textures to 1024 DXT5 as well. I was surprised when I got MMMX and found some 32bit 4096 textures, real memory hog using those.

To get honest though, the one thing that I don't like about T2G is that it like going on a treasure hunt to find all the fixes and patches. The always have some reason why they don't have a fully functioning website where all the patches should be organized and easy to find. Plus I am not crazy about the iflysimx forum as their host forum. If they could at least get all the patches and updates consolidated and organized into one convenient location that would make me more willing to purchase more products from them.

As it stands I own their KSTL, MMMX, and KMCO and will probably try KSEA after any patches and hot fixes are released (if I can find them). Overall the stuff I own looks ok and operates pretty well, but their support is sometimes slow to react and I feel there is sometimes a bit of a language barrier and they don't understand or completely understand what we are asking for when we need help.

To get honest though, the one thing that I don't like about T2G is that it like going on a treasure hunt to find all the fixes and patches. The always have some reason why they don't have a fully functioning website where all the patches should be organized and easy to find. Plus I am not crazy about the iflysimx forum as their host forum. If they could at least get all the patches and updates consolidated and organized into one convenient location that would make me more willing to purchase more products from them.

As it stands I own their KSTL, MMMX, and KMCO and will probably try KSEA after any patches and hot fixes are released (if I can find them). Overall the stuff I own looks ok and operates pretty well, but their support is sometimes slow to react and I feel there is sometimes a bit of a language barrier and they don't understand or completely understand what we are asking for when we need help.

Agreed on all points. The other part of the treasure hunt involves going around the airport grounds and checking for quirks and anomolies; I can't tell you how many things I've had to fix. Especially with their AFCADs.

The bigger issue with their support is that, from a particular product's point-of-view, it essentially ceases after they've fixed 1 or 2 items. I don't know that I've ever seen them revisit a product after more than a couple of weeks after release.

• Upvote 1

Agreed on all points. The other part of the treasure hunt involves going around the airport grounds and checking for quirks and anomolies; I can't tell you how many things I've had to fix. Especially with their AFCADs.

The bigger issue with their support is that, from a particular product's point-of-view, it essentially ceases after they've fixed 1 or 2 items. I don't know that I've ever seen them revisit a product after more than a couple of weeks after release.

That's all true as well. One thing that really gets me in regards to KMCO is that they never figured out how to make it so that AI taxi over the bridges. If you have a plane that lands on the wrong side of the airport and has parking assigned to the other side of the airport it will just dissappear since it can't go over the bridges. Unfortunately connecting the taxiway links doesn't work either since it messes the bridges up.

I and myself asked them about it and they said it was not possible to have the AI taxi over the bridges. I know that is false since FSDT and Flightbeam have figured out how to do it as some of their airports have bridges that AI cross. I'd rather they just say we don't know how to do it instead of saying it's not possible.

Oh well, it is what it is and I know what I'm getting into when I purchase one. Overall I still like their airports for the most part, I just wish they were more organized, had better customer service and I didn't have to fiddle with them so much after purchase since I'm not getting paid to do so.

• Upvote 1

Has the PNW compatibility file been released yet?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Of all airports that really need to be optimized for performance, they choose KSEA to model the interior?

Yeah, I thought that too.   Surely such a dense, intensive area could benefit without FPS and VAS-wasting interior modelling.

Unless the interior stuff can be deactivated, I'm going to sit this one out.    I do love other T2G stuff, but this seems a (brave, but) questionable choice of a large, complex airport.  Seatle; slap bang in the middle of Orbx PNW (and so many Orbx airfields near it).