Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this one soon and have a question for those with Orbx PNW: I just picked up FTX Global Base with the sale an all. I don't have any of the regional packs, but if I fly only tube liners (which I do), would I benefit from adding the Orbx PNW regional pack? I have FSDT CYVR so I would almost exclusively be doing short hops between KSEA and CYVR. Since it is on sale through May I am thinking about it, but if I really wont benefit (and just slow my machine down), then I will likely pass. If FTX enhanced the area enough for my purposes I will got another route with my cash.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I agree with many of the negative comments posted. I don't trust Taxi2Gate to deliver the patches. I still have many sceneries that have issues with lighting that have gone unresolved.

The other problem with Taxi2gate is that they use simmarket and they have a limit on installs. If you reach your limit, good luck getting simmarket to reset the counter. F1 is the only seller that has an immediate response. Taxi2Gate can learn something from F1.

Even though some may think that at $25 this is a good deal. It isn't! I can list several outstanding airports that are much cheaper and look better. Despite the negatives, I desperately want to buy KSEA. I went as far as using the old FlyTampa KSEA with a patch. That's how bad I wanted KSEA for FSX. Now that is here, it's not even compatabile with FTX PNW. Taxi2Gate, on their facebook page, wrote that files were on the way to make KSEA compatible with FTX PNW. Right now I'm hearing the Jeopardy theme song. :P

Then there's the AirDailyX video. D'Andre you're killing me! I'm on the edge. It reminds me of when the Carenado Hawker came out. The pressure kept mounting. The promise of a refund put me over the edge. Good luck to me with regards to getting a refund from Carenado. Maybe this time Carenado will not abandon a really nice airplane?

I'm still pondering.... :Thinking:

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Then there's the AirDailyX video. D'Andre you're killing me! I'm on the edge. It reminds me of when the Carenado Hawker came out. The pressure kept mounting. The promise of a refund put me over the edge. Good luck to me with regards to getting a refund from Carenado. Maybe this time Carenado will not abandon a really nice airplane?

It's not like it's on sale.  Take a deep breath.  It'll be there.  :rolleyes:

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this one soon and have a question for those with Orbx PNW: I just picked up FTX Global Base with the sale an all. I don't have any of the regional packs, but if I fly only tube liners (which I do), would I benefit from adding the Orbx PNW regional pack? I have FSDT CYVR so I would almost exclusively be doing short hops between KSEA and CYVR. Since it is on sale through May I am thinking about it, but if I really wont benefit (and just slow my machine down), then I will likely pass. If FTX enhanced the area enough for my purposes I will got another route with my cash.

Cheers, Pete

Pete,

If you're only flying tubes, then FTX Global is good enough. PNW is for the VFR/IFR GA flyer. Low & slow ops. It's heavy on FPS.

Jose

Thank you Jose, I guess I can save my cash for something else.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

When the P3D version drops we shall see.   I am having a general VAS issue with Taxi2Gate airports.  If I start at Taxi2Gate airports everything is great but ending at them has resulted in Dings of Death EVERY flight or outright crashed to desktops since I moved to 2.5, KMCO being the biggest culprit.

I wish airport designers would stop assuming we all want to ram 4k textures down our PC's throats.    4k is good for screen caps and some people like Rob who have the insiders view of P3D can get it to run great but the rest of us without engineering degrees in quantum physics don't NEED or even WANT 4k textures at an airport when 1k looks just fine and doesn't kill the simulator.

"Well you need to adjust your sliders to stop VAS issues."  

NO.  I have adjusted them enough.   If NORMAL is not good enough for a payware airport it is the payware airport faulting, not the simulator.   Stop stuffing overblown stuff down an ancient simulator's throat.   Mipmap those textures so the rest of us not wanting 4k insanity can have our 1k, good performance without the fear of exploding after a 5 hour flight.

That being said....     I'll buy KSEA when it's out for P3D.  :)     Just because I love the punishment of riding the edge of the VAS beast.   32 bit... die in a fire.  Please just... go away...

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Yeah, I resize all their textures to 1024 DXT5 as well. I was surprised when I got MMMX and found some 32bit 4096 textures, real memory hog using those.

So, DDS textures aren't good for P3D, am I correct? And 1024 DTX5 with alpha performs better in both FPS and VAS usage. Am I correct?

PS. Sorry, I don't remember your name.

Best Regards

Dmitriy

Can anyone familiar with KSEA comment on gate layouts? Specifically, I'm wondering how gate C2 is implemented; this is where Horizon Air flies most of their Q400 flights from. There are 6(?) stands at C2 in real life: C2A, C2B, etc.

Are these implemented?

Jon Skiffington

Was Surprised there is hardly any discussion in the ORBX forums but then I remembered there not allowed to discuss other products. Looks like simmers are starting to get smart and hanging back until there is proof of a finished product

ZORAN

Was Surprised there is hardly any discussion in the ORBX forums but then I remembered there not allowed to discuss other products. Looks like simmers are starting to get smart and hanging back until there is proof of a finished product

ORBX has a compatibility forum in order to discuss such add-ons. What I think JV wants to avoid is using the FTX forums to promulgate the competition.

+1 , only way would be to uncheck in the library as Global in FTX central still gives you regions

Only why hybrid mode selected. I fly into KSEA all the time only using Global and the region is definitely not active.

Only why hybrid mode selected. I fly into KSEA all the time only using Global and the region is definitely not active.

of course, thanks for clearing that up I completely forgot about it

ZORAN

It'd look a little odd with the interior disabled.. performance is pretty good. Resized from 3135x1764

Q400_SEA3.jpg

But is this interior really needed? Every terminal has this, even some Seahawk posters inside. Why??

kCbG2ZF.jpg

I agree with many of the negative comments posted. I don't trust Taxi2Gate to deliver the patches. I still have many sceneries that have issues with lighting that have gone unresolved.

The other problem with Taxi2gate is that they use simmarket and they have a limit on installs. If you reach your limit, good luck getting simmarket to reset the counter. F1 is the only seller that has an immediate response. Taxi2Gate can learn something from F1.

Even though some may think that at $25 this is a good deal. It isn't! I can list several outstanding airports that are much cheaper and look better. Despite the negatives, I desperately want to buy KSEA. I went as far as using the old FlyTampa KSEA with a patch. That's how bad I wanted KSEA for FSX. Now that is here, it's not even compatabile with FTX PNW. Taxi2Gate, on their facebook page, wrote that files were on the way to make KSEA compatible with FTX PNW. Right now I'm hearing the Jeopardy theme song. :P

I do not have these issues, but I do not use P3D or DX10, is that where you are seeing problems? I am desperate for SEA so I purchased right away, am not disappointed so far it is fine, performance is low but maybe they can help fix that in future patches.

I wish airport designers would stop assuming we all want to ram 4k textures down our PC's throats. 4k is good for screen caps and some people like Rob who have the insiders view of P3D can get it to run great but the rest of us without engineering degrees in quantum physics don't NEED or even WANT 4k textures at an airport when 1k looks just fine and doesn't kill the simulator.

No offense to him, but you don't need to be Rob to run P3D well. Specifically with regard to "4k" textures, simply down-sample them. Turning your texture max load down to 1024 or 2048 is usually not enough so just resize the textures down to 1024. You'll see VAS improve greatly.