Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

I agree with many of the negative comments posted. I don't trust Taxi2Gate to deliver the patches. I still have many sceneries that have issues with lighting that have gone unresolved.

The other problem with Taxi2gate is that they use simmarket and they have a limit on installs. If you reach your limit, good luck getting simmarket to reset the counter. F1 is the only seller that has an immediate response. Taxi2Gate can learn something from F1.

Even though some may think that at $25 this is a good deal. It isn't! I can list several outstanding airports that are much cheaper and look better. Despite the negatives, I desperately want to buy KSEA. I went as far as using the old FlyTampa KSEA with a patch. That's how bad I wanted KSEA for FSX. Now that is here, it's not even compatabile with FTX PNW. Taxi2Gate, on their facebook page, wrote that files were on the way to make KSEA compatible with FTX PNW. Right now I'm hearing the Jeopardy theme song. :P

Then there's the AirDailyX video. D'Andre you're killing me! I'm on the edge. It reminds me of when the Carenado Hawker came out. The pressure kept mounting. The promise of a refund put me over the edge. Good luck to me with regards to getting a refund from Carenado. Maybe this time Carenado will not abandon a really nice airplane?

I'm still pondering.... :Thinking:

Maybe it's your setup. I have all of their newer airports and everything works fine even the lighting, but then again I'm one of those people who don't go walking all over the airport to look for the little details to nitpick about like so planes crossing over a bridge lol.

From of what I've seen, it looks like taxi2gate is a one man outfit, and there is only so much one guy can do.

I don't know what the compatible issue is with orbx pnw but I didn't see any when I did my flight. Maybe it was because I was climbing to FL340. And if you check their Facebook page, they already released the pnw patch

How strange. Looking at Taxi2Gate's official website there is no mention of KSEA.

http://taxi2gate.org/

They clearly don't see their website as a priority. :rolleyes:

It's sad!

This is a developer that has been around for years. You would think that with so many successful devs leaving clues, that they would already have a completed website and support forum with quality control. I'm often amazed by how some business choose to run their businesses with the "I don't really care" mentality. Their actions speak louder than their words.

I am a one person business and my personal website for years rivaled the ones used by million dollar businesses.

Maybe it's your setup. I have all of their newer airports and everything works fine even the lighting, but then again I'm one of those people who don't go walking all over the airport to look for the little details to nitpick about like so planes crossing over a bridge lol.

From of what I've seen, it looks like taxi2gate is a one man outfit, and there is only so much one guy can do.

I don't know what the compatible issue is with orbx pnw but I didn't see any when I did my flight. Maybe it was because I was climbing to FL340. And if you check their Facebook page, they already released the pnw patch

No it's not my set-up. If it were, I would have problems with other dev sceneries.

I have nothing against this developer. I just prefer and expect a certain level of service if I'm going to be a repeat customer.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Flickering Textures, OOM`s when on arrival to Doha(memory leak), jetways not aligned to terminals or parking spots, and i use P3d not FSX.

all those are issues with p3d. I have all their new airports and I never run oom with any. I'm using fsx steam. P3d VAS usage sucks and that's why you run oom. Only time I use p3d is for vfr flying. Long haul in the 777 I dont risk it

How strange. Looking at Taxi2Gate's official website there is no mention of KSEA.

http://taxi2gate.org/

They clearly don't see their website as a priority. :rolleyes:

Their website is completely useless right now.   They are apparently in the middle of changing from their old format, which looked fine and worked fine to me, to whatever this thing is going to be.    You are suppose to work on the website in a developers enviroment, away from the one you already have in place and then when you are done move the finished website into the working space this way you don't disrupt your customers ability to contact you or look at your products.    Little weird how they are doing it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It doesn't look good for users of FTX PNW. It looks like Taxi2Gate has already moved on to the P3D version.

Based on a recent posts on Facebook, there's nothing more that they can do for FTX PNW users. Can't say I'm surprised. It's a NO purchase for me.

if its a mesh issue orbx will have to help fix the problem. It's same issue with orbx Norway and some of the Aerosoft Norway airports

if its a mesh issue orbx will have to help fix the problem. It's same issue with orbx Norway and some of the Aerosoft Norway airports

Thanks. I am well aware that it's an ORBX issue. Maybe, Taxi2Gate can contact ORBX to see if these mesh issues can be resolved?

Instead their the Facebook post reads:

"This is best we can do without removing the file of pnw mesh on library guys."

Really? This is the best you can do. OKAY!

Man, I am critical of T2G as well. But the issues are MINOR in comparison to other developers. This includes the top guys. Other developers have substantial problems with how they design sceneries. So much that I don't even purchase some of them after being burned on previous purchases. Only exception is FB who are in a category unto themselves...my point is that T2G is a valued resource that punches out moe quality sceneries than anyone else combined!

All of their stuff performs well using all sorts of addons. I will wait on more performance reports because KSEA is hard on performance but nitpicking them about patches for extremely small items on sceneries that where released 2 years ago seems to be a little too much.

And for the record I own PNW. Would I uninstall it to get a useable KSEA. You betcha!

supporter.jpg

What a HUUUUGE VAS difference on this airport alone and I can barely tell the difference in quality of the airport and it is non-existent on my custom paint job I did unless I get right up on the plane at like 2 feet.

Happy to help. Also, the 3D grass that they used at KMCO takes a toll on the sim as well. I used the process of elimination to figure out why the area was so slow (even going back to default) and found that it was their grass.

Gmoney is there link to show and give instructions how to resize textures down to 1024. I'd like to do it for aerosoft London.

Trying not to go OT here but Aerosoft (or whoever the actual developer was) used pretty much every trick in the book to make that product efficient. I'm afraid there's not much left to work with there. I didn't mind spending the bucks on it and shelving it - I knew what I was getting into when I bought it and it's a valiant effort on their part...

It doesn't look good for users of FTX PNW. It looks like Taxi2Gate has already moved on to the P3D version.

Based on a recent posts on Facebook, there's nothing more that they can do for FTX PNW users. Can't say I'm surprised. It's a NO purchase for me.

Ah, so it begins. If Aerosoft could get Torp to play nice with ORBX Norway then what's the issue here?

That's their MO: hurry onto the next release (or sim version in this case) to spruce up the cash flow. They need to take a long-term view here IMO.

This is my last post on this thread. I will not buy this add-on if it's not fully compatible with FTX PNW. I'm moving on to Daytona with Night Environment X FL edition.

For those that think that I'm making a big deal about this, simmers have been clamoring for KSEA for FSX since FSX was released. Congrats Taxi2gate! Where do you go from here?

When CYVR was released I bought it on the day of release. Not only was it compatible with FTX PNW, but FSDT issued an update within hours that solved both performance and OOM issues. That's how it's done!

When CYVR was released I bought it on the day of release. Not only was it compatible with FTX PNW, but FSDT issued an update within hours that solved both performance and OOM issues. That's how it's done!

+1

P3d VAS usage sucks and that's why you run oom

I`ve never had a vas issue with any other airport scenery that i own, even running PNW and FSDT CYVR in P3d its never a problem, something about OHTT scenery that creates an oom everytime i fly into it, anyway i hope T2G lift their game, VHHH still has issues and were clocking 1 year since release.

tpewpb-6.png

It's sad!

This is a developer that has been around for years. You would think that with so many successful devs leaving clues, that they would already have a completed website and support forum with quality control. I'm often amazed by how some business choose to run their businesses with the "I don't really care" mentality. Their actions speak louder than their words.

It's odd when the quality of their airport scenery is pretty impressive. I have Ataturk and Orlando and they're very good. But when judging whether to buy from them people might be inclined to visit their website (as I did for DreamTeam and others) and judge from that how good they are.

Their support forum piggy-backs off a wider FS one and with a website yet to be updated it suggests they're suffering from a lack of manpower.

I don't have PNW scenery so problems with that addon don't affect me. I'm considering Seattle as I can hop down to LAX or SFO in around an hour with Concorde so it's an attractive option.

Their website is completely useless right now. They are apparently in the middle of changing from their old format, which looked fine and worked fine to me, to whatever this thing is going to be. You are suppose to work on the website in a developers enviroment, away from the one you already have in place and then when you are done move the finished website into the working space this way you don't disrupt your customers ability to contact you or look at your products. Little weird how they are doing it.

Completely agree. Sounds like they need some extra manpower. Would be a pity if they lost sales because the website sends out the wrong signals.

Perhaps he was reading this thread because in the last couple of hours the website has now been updated and KSEA is splashed all over the main page. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

taxing over a bridge is a limitation of the engine. Look at PAKT by Orbx, the AI does not know what to do because of all the slopes. This is not the fault of the developer, the AI does not work over a bridge the scenery creates.

Hi guys,

I tested the FSX version in P3D on a difficult setup: PMDG T7 on a flight from FSDT CYVR to KSEA. I had PNW and 3 ORBX airports installed as well. My sliders in P3D are in the middle, WOAI 35%, ASN overcast conditions. 

I was just on shortfinal when getting the bells at around 3.92 VAS and ended up with 3.98 at the gate. (That was with the demo version of CYVR switching to low after 5 minutes.)

Performance in the VC was good 28-34 during the approach. It was dropping to 18-20 when taxing.

This equals about what I get with FSDT KLAX.

I haven't tested the fix yet and that light tower in the airport main lobby definitely has to go away, otherwise I like the scenery so far.

Regards, Perry

Sorry guys, I misread my notes and tested again:

Only coming in from CYVR in the descent performance was good: 28-34.

In the harbor area it was 22-24.

On the ILS 16C 16-20 only!

Taxi 18-21 with some micro stutters.

(But that's only the non optimized FSX version.)

Sorry for the too optimistic figures in the first post.

Regards, Perry

taxing over a bridge is a limitation of the engine. Look at PAKT by Orbx, the AI does not know what to do because of all the slopes. This is not the fault of the developer, the AI does not work over a bridge the scenery creates.

why can Flightbeam do it, why can FSDT do it?

T2G even announced an update...

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Hi, i will upload the af updated as soon as posible, thanks.

----

and a way how to do it is posted at fsdeveloper (http://www.fsdevelop...taxiway.427049/)

like some other people here also mentioned, it looks as if T2G supports its products just for some weeks and then moves on - as their sceneries are nor really low priced I would expect a bit more commitment for bugfixes.

Also PNW is something VERY common in use and exists for some years so compatibility for such a "standard" should not be in the "we look if we can do something" drawer.

I'm very reluctant to buy this scenery (as much as i'd like it) with this level of support