Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

One of the ORBX team members gave it a review and mention it is great with frames but had this to say about Blending with PNW

" issues however (and the reason I have uninstalled it for now) are the surrounding terrain and photoreal... They're color matched to the more washed out default palette so you see quite clearly the boundary between the PR and the surrounding PNW textures. Additionally, while KSEA is on a plateau in reality, it has shallower cliffs in real life... This rendition has almost sheer cliffs and ponds/water collectors just outside the airport boundary are raised to the level of the airport giving you odd built up ponds.

There's also some tunnel entrances on either side of 34R that interfere and need taking care of."

Overall, if they take the issues on and fix what they can, it has the potential to be a good companion to PNW... As it stands though, even with the "PNW Fix" and disabling the current PNW KSEA, there are just a few too many visual oddities for my tastes...

ZORAN

I just got the scenery today and downloaded the "fix". Performance was just as good as it was before (default+PNW). The terrain issues aren't really noticeable unless you look for them. Just my experience.

Rob has posted some excellent advice on this thread:

http://www.iflysimx.com/topic/1154-compatibility-with-orbx-pnw/

Hmmm.... the pics Rob shows (post #19) with the mesh issue's are a major issue for me. Unless T2G gets to solve this, either with or without the help of OrbX, I'm not buying this scenery, no matter how much I long for a good KSEA scenery.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I find no significant issues, no show stoppers with the airport plus FTX PNW.

Frames are fine and Vas is okay as well.

I just bought the FSX/P3D version and it is one of the best airport sceneries I have seen for a long time.  I use MSE V2 Washington and it fit perfectly.  They have some photoscenery around the airport already which is even better than MSE V2 and it looks very, very realistic.  I flew the Robinson in P3D in and around the airport to check out the area and everything was crystal clear and my fps were always in the 40's.  Of course the default Robinson doesn't take up many resources.  I own most of Taxi2Gates airport sceneries and this looks just as great as all the others. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just bought the FSX/P3D version and it is one of the best airport sceneries I have seen for a long time. I use MSE V2 Washington and it fit perfectly. They have some photoscenery around the airport already which is even better than MSE V2 and it looks very, very realistic.

Good to know. I usually use MSE V1 when I fly up there in tubes and don't have any FPS or VAS issues with the default airport. I'll probably get this airport the next time it's on sale.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got this scenery and at first was very pleased with it.  Then I started noticing everything was screwy.  I have bleed through when 1000+ above the airfield and of course the same mesh issues as everyone else.  Now... the worst part.  I ran the "fix" and now I am missing all of my road vectors for the state of Washington. Oregon still has roads but washington has no roads.  I uninstalled T2G SEA and the problem persists.  I either need to figure out what the hell T2G deactivated or.... I need to uninstall reinstall ORBX PNW.  If I have to do that I will be a VERY unhappy camper.  I would wait to buy this.  Im so fed up right now about all my roads being gone, I man never buy taxi 2 gate stuff again.  This seems like it was rushed. LTBA was very well done, but this although pretty does not plan nice with ORBX PNW.

We have waited since FS9 for a quality KSEA... and not even a week into release some of you are calling to boycott every T2G scenery? People have no patience anymore.

Heck, I'm not going to boycott T2G.  KSNA is downright brilliant and I'd like to get some more like that. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

FYI - just posted this in ORBX and asked the question on the T2G Forums:

I just noticed that T2G compatibility patch appears to over write several files in FTX NA folders,  I Installed the patch into a system w/o and FSX, and found in replaces 9 files with apparent "dummy files' that are 1KB in size.  The patch installed into my default FSX system luckily dumped everything into my C\ drive (Not where I have FSX).

It did not appear to create Back ups, but, it was not pointing to the correct folder so not 100% sure of that.

Folders affected were FTX_NAPNW05_SCENERY (5 files), _PNW06_CVX  (2 files), _PNW07_MESH (2 files)

Joe Lorenc

Heck, I'm not going to boycott T2G. KSNA is downright brilliant and I'd like to get some more like that.

That's not T2G its LatinVFR

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Heck, I'm not going to boycott T2G.  KSNA is downright brilliant and I'd like to get some more like that. 

Debatable, but as Ryan mentioned not T2G.

FYI - just posted this in ORBX and asked the question on the T2G Forums:

I just noticed that T2G compatibility patch appears to over write several files in FTX NA folders,  I Installed the patch into a system w/o and FSX, and found in replaces 9 files with apparent "dummy files' that are 1KB in size.  The patch installed into my default FSX system luckily dumped everything into my C\ drive (Not where I have FSX).

It did not appear to create Back ups, but, it was not pointing to the correct folder so not 100% sure of that.

Folders affected were FTX_NAPNW05_SCENERY (5 files), _PNW06_CVX  (2 files), _PNW07_MESH (2 files)

Well that's a bush league play. I would think (and correct me if I'm wrong) all they really need to do is have a higher quality mesh than PNW (especially since it is a relatively small area). Then their mesh would trump others. Killing a higher quality mesh and who knows what else to allow a lower quality mesh to be displayed is pretty lame. Why is it that I can count truly high quality and consistent scenery developers on only one hand and probably have fingers left over? It would be nice if one of those few had picked up the Seattle gauntlet, esp. since the real solution for Seattle probably involves rebuilding the city a la Dubai.

Some questions: Can the surrounding photoreal be disabled without affecting ground textures inside the airport fenceline (i.e. separate bgl)? Is there a control panel at all? It was mentioned earlier that T2G recommends AI at 0%- are there static aircraft provided as an option?