Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

I'm kinda confused...

Me Too, i`m now seeing the plateau effect with cliffs worse, might pay to post on the T2G FB page, seems ppl are getting realtime support there???

tpewpb-6.png

Alright, time to report on performance during my flight. If ever I was looking for a flight with an OOM, this was it. 14 hours from Dubai to Seattle in a PMDG 777-300ER flown real-time in P3D. I disabled PNW pending a final patch from T2G, but I did have Global+Vector enabled (as of today T2G has apparently been in contact with ORBX to make SEA fully compatible with PNW. See http://www.iflysimx.com/topic/1154-compatibility-with-orbx-pnw/page-2). I had 40% traffic, cloud shadows, scenery nearly all fully to the right, ASN running with overcast skies. I turned on autosave in FSUIPC anticipating an OOM as I started my descent... But the OOM never came! I don't even think I got a single ding warning me of one!

My system is nearly 3 years old with 8GB of RAM, a i5-2500K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, and a GTX 570. OOMs are no foreign thing to my computer, but I was shocked to see Seattle perform so well. Frames hovered in the high teens and low 20s, but it was by no means a slide show. All-in-all I am impressed with what T2G has done with my home airport. There are still a couple wrinkles that need ironing out in terms of its compatibility with ORBX, but this is a top rate scenery!

Did you use FlyTampa Dubai or only default Dubai?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It is important to make sure PNW is not enabled when installing KSEA and Update. Otherwise it causes elevation issues.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Me Too, i`m now seeing the plateau effect with cliffs worse, might pay to post on the T2G FB page, seems ppl are getting realtime support there???

Their official support forum is at http://www.iflysimx.com/

A lot of posts there.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

One thing to note; the fix installer will only install to a default FSX path - Program Files (x86) etc etc. If you change the install path, it will still not install the files properly. So if you have your FSX in a non-default location (for example mine is just C:\FSX), then install to whatever the installer defaults to, and then manually drop them in your actual FSX directory. Now everything looks great for me.

Some good news for those who bought is that they have been in touch with ORBX who are giving them advice  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98060-ksea-from-taxi2gate/page-2 (last post). Just a matter of time now but no excuses they should have sorted this out and thats why Im happily on a 1 month backlog on all new purchases now

ZORAN

That's all true as well. One thing that really gets me in regards to KMCO is that they never figured out how to make it so that AI taxi over the bridges. If you have a plane that lands on the wrong side of the airport and has parking assigned to the other side of the airport it will just dissappear since it can't go over the bridges. Unfortunately connecting the taxiway links doesn't work either since it messes the bridges up.

I and myself asked them about it and they said it was not possible to have the AI taxi over the bridges. I know that is false since FSDT and Flightbeam have figured out how to do it as some of their airports have bridges that AI cross. I'd rather they just say we don't know how to do it instead of saying it's not possible.

Oh well, it is what it is and I know what I'm getting into when I purchase one. Overall I still like their airports for the most part, I just wish they were more organized, had better customer service and I didn't have to fiddle with them so much after purchase since I'm not getting paid to do so.

I own KMCO and I dont have that bridge issue.....cant tell u why or how but i dont have that problem...and performs really good with any PMDG 

I own KMCO and I dont have that bridge issue.....cant tell u why or how but i dont have that problem...and performs really good with any PMDG 

My AI planes taxi at KMCO as well only with one little bug that is kind of funny... when they hit the bridge they bounce about 20 feet up in the air and fall back down on the taxiway.   XD  It's kind of amusing to watch AI popping wheelies across the bridges.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think you either miss read his post or didn't understand stand it. I have this airport as well and unless you have a patch fix that either he or I don't have, it's technically impossible for AI to taxi over the bridge since there are no taxi way links connecting the taxiway on either side of both bridges. User aircraft can taxi over it but AI can't. AI are not smart enough to go where there are no connecting taxi links.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think you either miss read his post or didn't understand stand it. I have this airport as well and unless you have a patch fix that either he or I don't have, it's technically impossible for AI to taxi over the bridge since there are no taxi way links connecting the taxiway on either side of both bridges. User aircraft can taxi over it but AI can't. AI are not smart enough to go where there are no connecting taxi links.

I have AI in 0%...that's why..:)

So which developer is gonna do KBFI now? Even with a broken back, the camel can probably crawl a little more. No sense holding back on the straw. 

I have AI in 0%...that's why..:)

I was going to reply to your post then saw Jim's 2 high was about what I was going to say. I guess you miss took my post then when you said your AI taxi's over the bridge when in fact you run no AI. I have no issue going over it in my plane though. At least the made it a solid surface so the user can taxi over it.

My AI planes taxi at KMCO as well only with one little bug that is kind of funny... when they hit the bridge they bounce about 20 feet up in the air and fall back down on the taxiway. XD It's kind of amusing to watch AI popping wheelies across the bridges.

How, there are no links connecting the taxiway nodes? Have you modified the AFCAD? I tried connecting the links but then it messes the bridge up. I know it can be done since other developers do it, just don't know how to accomplish it since I'm not that advanced in scenery design when it comes to bridges.

I had a look at the FSDT KDFW AFCAD to see if there was anything noticeable in their AFCAD when it came to getting the AI to taxi over the bridges and see they just have connected links, so there must be another trick involved.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was going to reply to your post then saw Jim's 2 high was about what I was going to say. I guess you miss took my post then when you said your AI taxi's over the bridge when in fact you run no AI. I have no issue going over it in my plane though. At least the made it a solid surface so the user can taxi over it.

How, there are no links connecting the taxiway nodes? Have you modified the AFCAD? I tried connecting the links but then it messes the bridge up. I know it can be done since other developers do it, just don't know how to accomplish it since I'm not that advanced in scenery design when it comes to bridges.

I had a look at the FSDT KDFW AFCAD to see if there was anything noticeable in their AFCAD when it came to getting the AI to taxi over the bridges and see they just have connected links, so there must be another trick involved.

I didn't do anything special.   In fact, I believe I recorded the humorous antics of KMCO in one of my video blogs.   I'll find the time point and link it so you can giggle along.  :)

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It looks like we will soon have full compatibility with FTX PNW. Holger sent Cesar the flatten files. It's only a matter of time.

Cheers!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.