Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

No offense to him, but you don't need to be Rob to run P3D well. Specifically with regard to "4k" textures, simply down-sample them. Turning your texture max load down to 1024 or 2048 is usually not enough so just resize the textures down to 1024. You'll see VAS improve greatly.

My point is, why do I, the end user, have to do the job that the developer of the airport should have done already?    I understand I can go into my 50 airports and 50 liveries and compress all the textures myself but I feel like I am paying them to fix their problem.   Ah well...   I guess I am going to have to run a batch on these Mega-Epic Airports myself if I want stop dinging to death with the settings I use.    I assume I can just use my DDS Plug-in for Photoshop and make a batch action that shrinks each texture sheet down to 1024 then resaves the DDS file as a DTX5 compressed file and NOT flip the texture as it is already flipped in the DDS file.   I am assuming this is the way to do it?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

My point is, why do I, the end user, have to do the job that the developer of the airport should have done already?    I understand I can go into my 50 airports and 50 liveries and compress all the textures myself but I feel like I am paying them to fix their problem.   Ah well...   I guess I am going to have to run a batch on these Mega-Epic Airports myself if I want stop dinging to death with the settings I use.    I assume I can just use my DDS Plug-in for Photoshop and make a batch action that shrinks each texture sheet down to 1024 then resaves the DDS file as a DTX5 compressed file and NOT flip the texture as it is already flipped in the DDS file.   I am assuming this is the way to do it?

To your first point: not necessarily. Most top aircraft and scenery developers are pretty efficient: they either don't use massive HD textures (e.g. FlyTampa) or give you the option during the installation procedure (e.g. some Aerosoft and FSDreamteam/Flightbeam airports).

T2G and others default to using large textures and thus you'll want to resize them, especially if you're using P3D.

Lastly, for a resizing tutorial, see my second post in this topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464978-how-to-modify-the-landclass-taxi2gate-mmmx. (Jim Young renamed and merged the thread so disregard the topic title)

My point is, why do I, the end user, have to do the job that the developer of the airport should have done already?

Good question, as long as I can remember it has been this way. 

I read the PNW patch still has elevation issues. My theory is the mesh from FTX PNW is overriding any elevation and mesh probably because it's a higher resolution?

It seems from my pov that T2G push out scenery very quick, they do a good job up to a point, most scenery from last year they released are still broken, i agree patches are hard to find, if they spent time fixing the little details that seem to matter to us end users, eg afcads/jetway alignments/flickering textures, then i would be happy to buy more of T2G`s products, i have Doha and refuse to buy more T2G products for now, we will see over time if they become players like FSDT/FB/Aerosoft/FlyTampa, as for KSEA and FTX, i can see this turning into a fiasco, T2G have chosen the worst airport ever to get right and lets be honest the track record for fixing products is not up there, given that i will wait and see if it flourishes and maybe buy KSEA, its my fav airport.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

To your first point: not necessarily. Most top aircraft and scenery developers are pretty efficient: they either don't use massive HD textures (e.g. FlyTampa) or give you the option during the installation procedure (e.g. some Aerosoft and FSDreamteam/Flightbeam airports).

T2G and others default to using large textures and thus you'll want to resize them, especially if you're using P3D.

Lastly, for a resizing tutorial, see my second post in this topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464978-how-to-modify-the-landclass-taxi2gate-mmmx. (Jim Young renamed and merged the thread so disregard the topic title)

No, you are totally right.  I don't have this problem with MOST airport designers.  The ONLY airports I ding at.. are Taxi2Gate airports and I love their airports, I really do.  They are good replicas for the most part but them texture sheets just punch my simulator in the face every time.   I suppose I could shrink my PMDG liveries down to 2k from their native 4k too to save a little more.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It seems from my pov that T2G push out scenery very quick, they do a good job up to a point, most scenery from last year they released are still broken, i agree patches are hard to find, if they spent time fixing the little details that seem to matter to us end users, eg afcads/jetway alignments/flickering textures, then i would be happy to buy more of T2G`s products, i have Doha and refuse to buy more T2G products for now, we will see over time if they become players like FSDT/FB/Aerosoft/FlyTampa, as for KSEA and FTX, i can see this turning into a fiasco, T2G have chosen the worst airport ever to get right and lets be honest the track record for fixing products is not up there, given that i will wait and see if it flourishes and maybe buy KSEA, its my fav airport.

what problems do you experience? What is wrong with OTHH? I want to buy this scenery and will hold if it is something major. It is a problem if you use DX10? I think they do not support DX10 and that could be the issue you are seeing?

They do push out sceneries, but if people report problems right after release, they listen. From what I've seen. And they are doing airports that are really needed. VHHH, OTHH, KSEA, these are important airports that nobody else has done properly for FSX

I use FSX:MS with dx9 and do not see any problems with their sceneries. They even have a good afcad person now, the KSEA afcad is great. Even little parking for the cargo feeders

what problems do you experience? What is wrong with OTHH?

Flickering Textures, OOM`s when on arrival to Doha(memory leak), jetways not aligned to terminals or parking spots, and i use P3d not FSX.

tpewpb-6.png

You win ALL the Internetz my good Sir.    I did my test today with KMCO and one of my custom 737-800WL 4k liveries.   I shrunk KMCO down to 1k and my livery down to 2k and fired up the simulation.   What a HUUUUGE VAS difference on this airport alone and I can barely tell the difference in quality of the airport and it is non-existent on my custom paint job I did unless I get right up on the plane at like 2 feet.    I also tried out a shrunken KDAL-Love Field from Glenn Johnson as this airport is a murderer with his custom textures and models and even that showed not only VAS improvement to the point of being able to use this updated photoreal AFCAD for an arrival airport but the FPS went up  by 5.   Thanks for the help.

• Upvote 1

100454.png

Brian Navy

I've never had any problems with Taxi2Gate products, and I've been wanting someone with their quality to build KSEA for a long time......downloading now  :wink:

No offense to him, but you don't need to be Rob to run P3D well. Specifically with regard to "4k" textures, simply down-sample them. Turning your texture max load down to 1024 or 2048 is usually not enough so just resize the textures down to 1024. You'll see VAS improve greatly.

Gmoney is there link to show and give instructions how to resize textures down to 1024. I'd like to do it for aerosoft London.

Many thanks

Edit sorry just seen krugermans link. Sorry. I've never had problems with ooms only finding there patches

14ppkc-6.png

I agree with many of the negative comments posted. I don't trust Taxi2Gate to deliver the patches. I still have many sceneries that have issues with lighting that have gone unresolved.

I recently bought KMCO and it appears to be fine. I looked at their support forum and there were several complaints a while back about the bridges but as far as I can see everything seems fine on my system at least.

The other problem with Taxi2gate is that they use simmarket and they have a limit on installs. If you reach your limit, good luck getting simmarket to reset the counter. F1 is the only seller that has an immediate response. Taxi2Gate can learn something from F1.

Why would you need to install it more than once? I installed FSX on a new computer 20 months ago and have never had to reinstall any airport package I have bought. I can understand if you change your PC or have a disk crash but they're not going to be regular occurrences are they?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It doesn't look good for users of FTX PNW. It looks like Taxi2Gate has already moved on to the P3D version.

Based on a recent posts on Facebook, there's nothing more that they can do for FTX PNW users. Can't say I'm surprised. It's a NO purchase for me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

How strange. Looking at Taxi2Gate's official website there is no mention of KSEA.

http://taxi2gate.org/

They clearly don't see their website as a priority. :rolleyes:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather