Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Found this after Windows Update

Sorry to seem dumb, Julian, but where on earth is this Task Scheduler Library located?

Rick Type it into the bottom left of your screen where the windows icon is. Thats what this dummy did lol

ZORAN

(...) there are two Windows updates which are definitely to be avoided, i.e., KB3035583 and KB2990214. (...)

Thanks, Doug. Was aware of KB30..., Need to check whether KB29... still is installed in my system.

I've no idea what you are seeing in the task scheduler but nothing is calling GMX for me. Also the telemetry feed is part of windows overall, which you enable or disable, it isn't added by this update. If you have the customer experience program enabled, a lot of things will feed in to that. They give you that option. That system of reporting has been in Windows for a long time, along with other operating systems. A lot of computers and devices have call home features that can be enabled or disabled

Rick Type it into the bottom left of your screen where the windows icon is. Thats what this dummy did lol

Thanks for that, Zoran, found that Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows..........but cannot see any Setup sub-folder. Even though I found that GWX in System32. and I deleted it, maybe that's why it is not showing up?

Thanks for that, Zoran, found that Task Scheduler Library/Microsoft/Windows..........but cannot see any Setup sub-folder. Even though I found that GWX in System32. and I deleted it, maybe that's why it is not showing up?

Probably. Try to put the folder back again from your trash bin

ZORAN

Julian, which link? There are several in that article.

someone beat me  too it  in the above posts :0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Above poster is correct though, you'll need to disable the update if you want to stop it from re-installing.

Thanks, Doug. Was aware of KB30..., Need to check whether KB29... still is installed in my system.

LOL, the KB29... update was even tagged 'important' by Microsoft - "Center, I have the Fokker in sight!"   :P

I think i have optional updates auto-install disable. But i will check as soon as i get home (W 8.1)

On my notebook (W7) i have the option to install it.

Cheers :)

N.-

If you have the customer experience program enabled

I know all that Chris. It was a windows update that installed it. I don't subscribe to the Windows Experience rubbish, never have. The thing with this GWX is it is set at various schedules, and can run at any time, without knowing it. The reason I noticed it was due to my CPU working @26% after shutting down P3D. I can only guess it is gathering info about what i am doing on my computer, and I am not having any of that :P

LOL, the KB29... update was even tagged 'important' by Microsoft - "Center, I have the Fokker in sight!"   :P

Go getem' Olli

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I fully agree with you, Julian. I found that KB that our good friends Doug then, Oliver listed. Found it, got rid of it,and have now set my Windows Updates to manual.

You've done this community a great service, Julian. Well Done, pal.

BTW: your team are here, all kicks off tomorrow sans Pietersen!!

No worries Rick.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Good work Julian. Sadly, I'm now in the position of reading every update that arrives! I don't trust any of them. To think I used to install everything that was thrown at me. :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.