Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Problem with the pmdgoption.dll of the pmdg 777

Hi guys,

Sadly i have new problem during my flights... i often flight between 7 hours and 10 hours and since 3 days i have new crash of Fsx.Here is the part of the problem i think:

Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:	BEX
  Nom de l’application:	fsx.exe
  Version de l’application:	10.0.61637.0
  Horodatage de l’application:	46fadb14
  Nom du module par défaut:	PMDGOptions.dll_unloaded
  Version du module par défaut:	0.0.0.0
  Horodateur du module par défaut:	49b675b2
  Décalage de l’exception:	0d395a00
  Code de l’exception:	c0000005
  Données d’exception:	00000008
  Version du système:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:	1036
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:	00be
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:	00be5295fb980b28b088b97db34ddb45
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:	91ed
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:	91ed5d74c64363a0dbb7d5e277475701

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :
  C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

I try to make the same flight 3 times (SAEZ - LFPG)... the bug appear between 8 and 10 hours of the flight.

What i already do before the third crash: 

Disable all sceneries i don't use to let just the departure scenery and the arrival scenery.

Uncheck DX10 

Disable windows UAC

Active sky next crash too with the following error "Cannot set ambient weather parameters"

What i do in this case:

Ckeck as_btstrp.dll is on the same folder as as_connect.dll

Check windows UAC is disable

Re-write my rules in Fsx folder (read and write)

Check my firewall and antivirus is disable.

Note: My sliders are not in full, i have a new computer i7 4790 with GTX970 and 8Gb of RAM, motherboard is Z97X gaming 3.I never experimented problem like that before.

What do the PMDGoption.dll ?

Maybe i have to forward the active sky next port entry to my local IP computer? 

Thanks a lot

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

A BEX error can be very difficult to track down.  AVSIM has a very good CTD forum and is a good place to start.  You can also open a trouble ticket with PMDG at support.precisionmanuals.com to get help directly from PMDG.

BEX error is a memory problem (buffer exception error), something is trying to use memory that is not there and it could be that PMDGOptions.dll just happened to be trying to use memory.  The file is at the core of how PMDG operates and probably did not cause the problem.

Video problems often are found to be the cause of BEX errors that happen during long sessions.  Make sure you have current NVidia drivers, the latest is 352.86 and it seems to be working with FSX and P3D today.

I recommend either or both the CTD forum and PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

I re-installed ASN and i put the read/write rules on the Fsx folder also i follow this topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/403927-hooray-instructions-to-get-no-more-dep-induced-bex-or-stack-errorscrashes/

I know it seem to be an individual problem but it works for other members.

Im going to try the same flight (4 times now..) but running AppCrashView to get more informations.

Each new computer it's the same battle... find a stable configuration with Fsx.

I crashed... again.

I subimted a ticket to pmdg support, i will post the issue here as soon as possible (i hope...)

Ps: i hear the bip of OOM five minutes before Fsx crash then when Fsx has crashed Active sky next crash too with the error descripted above, so Fsx crashed before nothing to see with ative sky i think.

Waiting for pmdg support i make a test of my VAS usage during one flight without OOM (12hr05mn) between FSDT KLAX and Mega airport CDG.Weather was fine all the travel and on the approach too.

I re-check DX10 and shade like i was always doing before this problem then i start active sky and fsx for a routine flight.This VAS test is only with the two sceneries of departure and arrival and the pmdg 77W, all other sceneries has been desactivated.

What do you think about the following pictures ?

- After 2hr30 of flight

feko.png

- Approximatly 3hr before my T/D, moving to the views VAS was between 2.8gb and 2.9gb i noticed if i decrease the zoom coming back to the 3D cockpit i get -60gb less and it stay stable.I stay 5 minutes in outside view VAS was increase up but like i said it come back stable on the 3D cockpit.

- After moving views and 9hr30 of flight

1i83.png

- During my descent and approach

yngr.png

- After my landing at the gate before shutdown the engine

yqqm.png

This is the max value i get with VAS... but it was in pretty good weather.Can VAS increase from 3.3gb to 4gb and make me OOM with bad weather ?

Tomorrow i will uninstall SAEZ x and try to make SAEZ-LFPG without the SAEZ scenery... because i suspect this scenery to increase to much my VAS.The 2 sceneries are made by aérosoft, i will be interested if other members have OOM during long flight between 2 aérosoft sceneries.

Another thing, be carreful with Active sky memory usage, it increase during the flight like VAS usage.

Another thing, be carreful with Active sky memory usage, it increase during the flight like VAS usage.

I believe the ASN program which is shown on Process Explorer does not increase the amount of VAS being used. Its depiction of the weather will increase VAS but not the program shown in Process Explorer.

Can VAS increase from 3.3gb to 4gb and make me OOM with bad weather ?

Yes if the plane is exposed to it over an extended period of time measured in hours. KLAX-LFPG would OOM after about 8-10 hours if flying over a solid overcast continuously. Not a likely scenario.

The PMDGOptions.dll is not for the 777 but the older 747-400 and MD-11. The 737NGX and T7 does not use this DLL. You must have a conflict. A possible work around is to add or edit the following line on the PMDG Dll's in the dll.xml file.

<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>

For the entries for PMDGOption.dll, PMDGEvents.dll and PMDGSounds.dll

When FSX runs it will ask you if you want to run them. If you are flying the 777 say no to each. This should prevent this error, since this dll would not be loaded in memory.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Today on my Five same flight SAEZ - LFPG with the 77W and disabling the aérosoft SAEZ scenery.Only LFPG scenery was activated.

I load fsx with the cessna 172 by default then i loaded the 77W.

VAS status at taxi before take off

mpk5.png

After 5hr flight

1366.png

9hr30 flight

ixou.png

Then...VAS load 3.95 windows OOM bip and crash:   APPCRASH -- windows.dll

So, i really enjoy the pmdg 777 but if i can"t enjoy it without get OOM on long flights i will come back to the MD-11 or 748...

Full names on posts in the PMDG forums please.

Do you have a question?  The subject of this thread is something different, is that resolved?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello,

The subject of this thread is something different, is that resolved?

Not really different, i do a test of my VAS usage because like the pmdg support, we think the problem is caused by VAS leaks.That is the reason of my screenshots, i just report what is wrong with my simulator.

Best regards.

Since RSR mentioned VAS leaks eveyrone thinks this is causing OOMs. If you read post #1 in these two threads you will see that the problem occurred at certain airports for a small number of users. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468253-07may15-updates-released-for-all-777-packages-fsxfsx-sep3d/ - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468259-07may15-detailed-discussion-of-resolved-777-vas-leak/. Don't blame your problem on VAS leaks blame it on VAS usage. They are not the same.

Hi,

I tried reduce my sliders, i learned the page 31 of the manual, i tried to reduce minimum and maximum cloud layers on active sky on REX i down some of sliders too... everything end with OOM.Im not blaming PMDG because they make a great job, but i don't understand because i can fly any payware aircraft without get OOM exept this 777 which is my best plane... Can you understand my disappointment ?

VAS usage is s... with this plane on FSX simulator (you will be a lyer if you say the contrary).Really guys do you think VAS usage will be better on P3D V2.5 with the 777?

Be honest please...

VAS usage is s... with this plane on FSX simulator (you will be a lyer if you say the contrary).Really guys do you think VAS usage will be better on P3D V2.5 with the 777?

Be honest please...

No VAS issues for me with the 777 in FSX and I'm not lying, honestly.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Florian,

Most simmers are non-technical.  This is nothing to be ashamed of.  We like to install software, run it, and enjoy the experience.  (I include myself in this genre of simmers, fwiw.)

Unfortunately, over the past couple of years we have seen scenery developers creating masterpieces of scenery without much regard for the overall impact on the simulator.  So many scenery products are being developed that use large amounts of VAS, that users have to start making smart choices about what they load and what they use.

If you want to load ASN with the highest quality level REX textures, 100% AI traffic and fly over complex scenery with a detailed aircraft like the 777, then you are going to create problems for yourself.

When you hit an OOM condition, it is because you have asked FSX to stuff too much into it's available memory capability.  FSX has some limitations, and you, the user are making choices that exceed them.  Think of it as the simming version of inviting six friends to the beach when your car only seats four.  Once your fourth friend joins you, the remaining two are going to be disappointed.

It is entirely incorrect to blame a single product, whether it be the 777 or a particular scenery for OOM issues.  As I have pointed out in other threads, the 777 doesn't use much more VAS than the 400X did when it was released in 2007.  Scenery designers are using quite a bit more VAS, and we now have weather engines and texture sets that didn't exist in 2007.  Users tend to forget that they have all of these other goodies installed, and when they hit an OOM, they run and blame the airplane.

If you do not use diagnostic tools to analyze memory use on your machine (Process Explorer and FSUIPC are not diagnostic tools) then you don't really have the data to support a claim of a "memory leak."  What you have described as a "memory leak" on your machine would be like driving your car 500km and then complaining that it has a leak in the gas tank because the fuel level is now lower... 

I hope that helps your understanding of the OOM issue!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com