Sign in to follow this  
p51mustangguy

PMDG future projects?

Has anyone heard anything about any future projects that PMDG is working on?

There seems to be a close working relationship with PMDG and Boeing. I would absolutely love to see a C-17 project. I realize that PMDG is all about the civilian airline operations but I don't think that anyone could do as good of a job on something like that than these guys.

Brent Roberts

Yup, there's been posts in the past few months from PMDG mentioning B747v2, NGXv2, DC-6 and sometime in the future maybe a Woodpigeon.

Dan Downs KCRP

....a Fokker Triplane....

LOL, who knows, tho something completely out of left field would be fun and surprising.

Ask me what they won't be doing.

Dave Taylor gb.png

LOL, who knows, tho something completely out of left field would be fun and surprising.

...like the Woodpigeon?  :P

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Ask me what they won't be doing.

Ok, I fell for it. Me and my cat took turns trying to wipe the fly off the the monitor....:)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Ok, I fell for it. Me and my cat took turns trying to wipe the fly off the the monitor....:)

Forgot my name

Matt Bernard

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

MD-??

Dave Taylor gb.png

MD-??

-MA?

But in all seriousness, the 747v2 is very much going to be a big one for a lot of people. And a DC-6 to PMDG standard will be fantastic. The depth and immersion of the NGX but with steam gauges and two props to entertain

Agree! already got the 737 and 777 and halted on getting the 747 untill the new one is there. Now the rumors of a "v2" NGXworries me... Definitely will not be shelling oujt for a new one after I *just* purchased the current one...

I heard the PMDG Millennium Falcon and FlyTampa Mos Eisley scenery was being coordinated for a tandem release in Q4 2015.

Due to licensing issues with Corellian Engineering Corporation, they won't be transferable between FSX and P3D.

Now the rumors of a "v2" NGXworries me...

Uh. What?

PMDG Millennium Falcon

Complete with Hyperdrive Motivator failure:

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

By now I'm more than satisfied if PMDG improves their current aircrafts, maybe looking the professional or training market...

The next project I think it would be the 737 MAX, but it only be launched by Boeing in 2017...

Well it would be welcome news if they stayed in the flight sim leisure business in the first place...

Uh. What?

Yeah.. it would be better if you read the whole context of the post instead of just the one line...

Product differences aside (We're all aware it would be a different product, different development times, effort etc.)  but I think it's not too hard to see why someone who *just* bought a "v1" version of a pleane would not be too happy knowing a "v2" is coming up soon :)  (of course that depends on how soon "soon" is, which in the case of PMDG even Schrodinger himself would not know... :P )