Sign in to follow this  
p51mustangguy

PMDG future projects?

which in the case of PMDG even Schrodinger himself would not know..

LOL in that context the product is both alive and dead until it is released which forces a collapse of the probability matrix and Robert has to write a topic on how to install the remnants of the collapse.

Dan Downs KCRP

Theres a v2 of an NGX coming out? I think you're confused with the FS2Crew reboot. They have a new version of their 737 package coming out

If PMDG is going to do another historic aircraft after the DC-6 I'd like to see the Lockheed Electra L-188. First aircraft I ever flew on.

Don Bohr

Theres a v2 of an NGX coming out?

Yes, development has been announced and discussed.  The latest updates were primarily to address multiple platforms, there's still more to come.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh that is a shock. I can't think of anything wrong or more I'd want from the NGX. Unless it's an X-Plane version? However, we'll find out more during Flight Sim con I'm sure. Speaking of, does anyone know if there will be a live stream? I'm presuming not

Yes, development has been announced and discussed.  The latest updates were primarily to address multiple platforms, there's still more to come.

Wouldnt it hypothetically be a PMDG 737 v3 in any event? I distinctly remember a PMDG 737 for FS9...

Martin Lewis

Wouldnt it hypothetically be a PMDG 737 v3 in any event? I distinctly remember a PMDG 737 for FS9...

Martin Lewis

The FS9 PMDG 737 was a different product, the PMDG 737 NG instead of NGX.  With the NGX came a new product from the ground up; hence, it is often referred to as just the NGX.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents,

Can someone please point me to an official reference of an NGXv2? I have a feeling someone mistook what they read somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Aha so maybe I'm right, this is the FS2Crew 737 NGX reboot being referenced to...

Gents,

Can someone please point me to an official reference of an NGXv2? I have a feeling someone mistook what they read somewhere.

RSR 06 MAR 15:

Gents-

We are more-or-less constantly chatting about adding this-or-that, but always with an eye toward the primary development agenda.

Chris is correct- as of today our primary development focus is to wrap up the 744 and 748.

Then we will probably take a bit of down time and swing back for an expansion on one of the earlier products.  The 777-200ER comes to mind, as do a couple variations on the 737 theme.

Hard to say what it will be and when...  This entire FSX-SE and P3D cycle has really gotten us off track so our goal for the next couple of months is nothing by 4 engine airplanes.

End quote.

He's not calling it NGXv2 here but has in the context of what got done for 1.10.6461 and what is deferred for NGXv2.  To be clear... it is not something around the corner.

Dan Downs KCRP

He's not calling it NGXv2 here but has in the context of what got done for 1.10.6461 and what is deferred for NGXv2.  To be clear... it is not something around the corner.

It seems like someone randomly assigned what used to be referred to as NGX SP2 the name of NGXv2. This is pretty misleading, given the upcoming 744v2 is essentially an entirely new product line, which is why I specifically called out the mention of "NGXv2" on the last page.

Seems like a number of of guys took that to mean that we're going to be releasing an "NGXv2" line much like the upcoming 744v2 line. This is not the case, at least as it stands right now.

The following refers more to expansions on the existing products, rather than an entirely new line:

"Then we will probably take a bit of down time and swing back for an expansion on one of the earlier products.  The 777-200ER comes to mind, as do a couple variations on the 737 theme."

The 777-200ER would be an expansion to the existing 777 product we have.

The "variations on the 737 theme" would be expansions to the existing 737 product that we have.

Kyle Rodgers

Makes more sense than my limited understanding. Thanks.

EDIT:  Hey, you didn't shoot down the Woodpigeon... thank goodness. Really excited about that one.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, whatever happened to that Woodpigeon development? Was so eagerly looking forwards to that arrival. Drat!!

Hey, Why not the brand new 787-8 or 9 ? That will bring some real new product with the real trend, or more in the future, another expansion of Boeing 777 for the 777X ? Why not, that should be damn cool to fly, a dreamliner, I would dream of it ....:)

Yuuki

1 hour ago, commandantyuuki said:

Hey, Why not the brand new 787-8 or 9 ? That will bring some real new product with the real trend, or more in the future, another expansion of Boeing 777 for the 777X ? Why not, that should be damn cool to fly, a dreamliner, I would dream of it ....:)

How many PMDG plane's do you own?

• Upvote 2