Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 SLI test results, up 33%

Where is the fix of LM for adjustement of code?

Ummm - built in to the code? Or do you expect a patch?

Beau has been making the changes as we go and have been incorporated in the various releases.

Vic

For those experiencing strange light artifacts or flickering strobes on a/c - try this -

in Nvidia Inspector AA settings - change the AA Setting to 8xCSAA and see if that helps. I don't know why but any of the CSAA settings stop the flashes on my system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Lovely! And appreciated! But…

Even with your screaming system and two Titans in SLI you were still down to 24 frames a second and that for my pocketbook, tells a huge story....SLI plus windows 10 and DX12?

I'm getting ready to go on a fixed income and I sure as hell won't be able to constantly upgrade.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Vic,

With your SLI profile in NVI I already had 20-40% more fps than with a single card with older drivers...

Therefore I am still wondering if this is better...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

So I did a fresh install of the drivers (using clean install to wipe any settings) and things seem much better for me.

Rob:  Are you using any tweaks to the NVIDIA settings (not inspector, just the normal NVIDIA settings menu)?

Anything like the vsync or triple buffering or single display performance type selections?

Maybe you'd be so kind as to post a screen of that?

I'm not sure what to select or not select in there.

I notice you choose Triple Buffering in P3D settings, but the default NVIDIA settings for P3D have that feature "off" --- confused

Cheers

Vic,

With your SLI profile in NVI I already had 20-40% more fps than with a single card with older drivers...

Therefore I am still wondering if this is better...

Gerard - since I don't look at FPS I cannot say but what I have noticed is this -

Old driver with my SLI settings would use around 75% on both in heavy situations.

New driver with same settings uses around 50% in similar situations.

And it appears smoother.

On MY system, the light flashes are due to using AFR - don't know why but the CSAA setting fixed them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic.

As I sold both GTX Titans and bought one Titan X I am unable to test this.

Btw : if SLI means higher FPS , than probably most people like to use more detailed settings ( eg : autogen ) because now they can .Which means : even faster OOMs...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

with my CPU @5GHz and GTX980 I'm happy with my fps, it would be good to know if SGSS is possible without any impact in overcast with SLI, if so, I will buy another GTX980

Patrick Tinner

Sorry for delay response, I had surgery on my larynx to remove something that wasn't supposed to be there. I'm up and alert now, but groggy. Hence why I've never done voice overlays in my video ... Because I could barely speak. I should have my voice back in a couple of weeks, full recovery 8 weeks.

I haven't noticed any artifacts, but I will test those scenarios described above and see if I can duplicate.

Yes this IS real SLI support. I've posted this before showing how to tell it is the real deal.

48 FPS is actually pretty good and on par with 3d shooters (that many like to compare) that operate at 4K resolution with this many graphic features enabled (tessellation, shadows, HDR, high textures, 8xMSAA, 16xAF, reflections, volumetric, etc) - fire up 3DMark Fire 4k tests if you want to see SLI Titan Xs rendering a scene at 12 FPS with same type of graphical features enabled.

Please not another OOM thread. I posted these results simply to show SLI is real in these drivers without having to anything other than enable SLi from NVCP ... and there is a 33% improvement for me. It's not a thread about value and OOMs.

Cheers, Rob

Happy to hear things went well at the doctor's but guess there won't be any online flying taking to ATC for a couple of weeks for you then :wink:

As you might remember I was thinking to get a 980Ti but now with the SLI support in P3D I'm thinking a very cost-effective solution might be to buy another used Titan. I would like to think having 2 Titan cards working together in SLI would provide P3D well enough with the GPU power needed or what do you think?

Another thing I would like to ask, do you think 2 Titan cards in SLI would allow to start using SGSS again to get rid of the bad AA? For us not running @ 4K :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Happy to hear things went well at the doctor's but guess there won't be any online flying taking to ATC for a couple of weeks for you then :wink:

As you might remember I was thinking to get a 980Ti but now with the SLI support in P3D I'm thinking a very cost-effective solution might be to buy another used Titan. I would like to think having 2 Titan cards working together in SLI would provide P3D well enough with the GPU power needed or what do you think?

Another thing I would like to ask, do you think 2 Titan cards in SLI would allow to start using SGSS again to get rid of the bad AA? For us not running @ 4K :wink:

Hi,

im running 2x most of the time sometimes 4x SGSS without any performance issues when flying through clouds or mybe i didnt notice any issues at all. I have 2 980s which i will test in SLI tonight when im home. 

You might want to read and follow these instructions if you not already did http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

As a slight digression -

This all confirming what I've found but unfortunately also convincing me I need GFX(s) upgrading - my 670s in SLI are maybe not enough.  I'm keeping my 2700k at 4.9 overclocked as CPU for at least another year or two, given the latest Intels not much if any improvement.

So looks like 2x970 in SLI might be on the cards (haha).  But I'm not clear (or maybe just confused) whether say 2x970 SLI might be bettered by a single better card like these 980 or Titan or whatever.  Is there a simple step sequence to see the improvement  with one or two cards, starting at say 2x970, then up?  Or can someone point me to somewhere to find it?

In here because only want for P3D and best performance - which seems now with SLI, but is a dual GPU card as good (internal SLI?) and which?.  These cards come out so fast - 2x970s cost less than the 2x670s now a couple or years old, though I understand the step change in performance is slowing, i.e. if I had 2x780 I'd probably be bettter holding off for a bit.

Any advice appreciated - as said, only interested in P3D, no shoot-em-ups . . . 

Hi,

im running 2x most of the time sometimes 4x SGSS without any performance issues when flying through clouds or mybe i didnt notice any issues at all. I have 2 980s which i will test in SLI tonight when im home.

You might want to read and follow these instructions if you not already did http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

IIRC I needed 4XSGSS to get a good result but then in P3D when flying into dense clouds the performance was really bad but you're saying you're able to use SGSS without a serious performance drop even when running a single gfx card? However a 980 is faster than a 1st gen Titan but I remember Rob said even a single Titan X wasn't able to handle SGSS...hmm...

Thanks for the link, looked very interesting and will read through all of it tonight.

Richard Åsberg

I am in a similar situation, I have a first generation Titan and I am ready to move to SLI but I am not sure if the 1st generation in SLI will improve current stats on a 4k as I am using one. Or do I sell the titan I have and move to Titan Blacks in SLI or bite the bullet and purchase a pair of Titan X and SLI.....

Any input?

Nick Sciortino

Sorry for delay response, I had surgery on my larynx to remove something that wasn't supposed to be there. ...

Cheers, Rob

Sending healing vibes your way Rob

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2