Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 SLI test results, up 33%

I haven't gotten any of those since FSX days. Also, I'm not "losing" SLI when I switch a/c or undock a panel. Don't know why. I run two monitors but second is for ASN, PlanG, etc and an occasional undocked panel. I always run P3D in full screen mode at 1920x1200.

Vic

Another one just happened.  No recovery - Had to restart

(it says " recovered", but everything I do leaves me with a black screen in the sim)

http://i.imgur.com/Wt1TQCX.jpg

I the SLI section of NVI - the first setting AA_MODE_SELECTOR_SLIAA should be enabled. Then try the lightning and see if it still there.

Hi Vic, gave this a try but sadly lightning anomalies remain.  Don't know if this is an nVidia fix or an LM fix or maybe a little of both.

On a side note, I didn't install the 3D Vision elements of the 352.86 drivers and now I no longer have an option for 60Hz fresh for my monitor.  I may try a driver re-install WITH 3D vision elements of the driver.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcr7j7ja9qb074c/P3D25%2B.nip?dl=0

This is my NVI profile for P3D - might give it a try and see if there's something different.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, will check it out.  So far, so long as I do this:

As work arounds when running SLI:
1. Make sure I never access the menus
2. Do NOT bring up any overlays (FPS counters)
3. Do NOT Alt + tab to desktop or other application
4. Some aircraft and airports seem to be prone to causing “out of sync” situation

Everything seems to work pretty good, less those known issues.

Thanks Vic, interesting when I selected this I got an nvlddmkm stopped responding, kernel error.  It recovered but that's something new for me.

Cheers, Rob.

Same problem here. Changed it to disabled and the constant crashes I was experiencing went away.

I had to do a reinstall as P3D started CTD and nothing I could do solved it.

Now that I'm back up and running I have incessant flashes all over.  Anyone know the setting to turn on/off for dealing with that?

I must have had something different before my reinstall as I hadn't been seeing the flashing

I've been out of commission for flying due to vision problems limiting PC time--I haven't touched it now for a few months after near daily use for many years.  But I see not much has changed really.  I expect to be able to use P3D again sometime fairly soon, and after reading all of this w/ SLI progress for some, the cost, the artifacts, the OOMs, I think it makes the most sense for me to wait until the big revision comes, the 64-bit DX12 enabled version arrives.  About that time it will be time to build a whole new system, but for now the current rig runs the sim decently for sure.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The test setup:

flight and weather file are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyNmpQMGFwcUJJS3M/view?usp=sharing

As I'm finally  back from vacation far from my PC, I wanted to make some benchmark as well to test finally this SLI features with my two GTX 770 and share it with the community. With my existing nVidia driver (344.80) and No-SLI activated, with 352.86 with and without SLI... for example.

I'm wandering how to setup a correct testbed and clear process ?

On the monitored and software side : I understand that you use Fraps and FrapsBenchViewer, EVGA Precision X16 on the GPU and FPS area as well as the startup flight and weather situation you shared via Google Drive (thanks ;-) These last two only create a static startup situation. Is there a way to make the aircraft moving, head movement and/or view selection happening a way to be played several times (SLI, NO-SLI, driver #1, driver #2) exactly the same way ? If so, can you share this kind of replay file ?

Thanks for your support.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Is there a way to make the aircraft moving, head movement and/or view selection happening a way to be played several times (SLI, NO-SLI, driver #1, driver #2) exactly the same way ?

Yes, you can record a flight (.fsr), BUT playback of .fsr are NOT reliable, certainly not in terms of measuring any type of performance.  I brought up the .fsr playback issues (jitters) to LM a few times going way back, but the issue remains.  Perhaps you can use FSRecorder but I don't know if that's compatible with P3D ... maybe others can chime in here.

When benchmarking (especially SLI) you do NOT want to have any 3rd party product overlays active ... I use FRAPS benchmarking of FPS, Frametimes, MinMaxAvg that logs to a .csv file ... be sure you set FRAPS to "hide overlay".  I bind FRAPS start/stop logging to Ctrl + F12.

What you'll have to do is practice a flight and note your speed, alt, and direction and do a loop ... easy to do at KSEZ because there are lots of reference points.  You'll not be perfectly exact each time, but you'll certainly be close enough such that it's comparable.  Just practice the flight a few times before you start doing any benchmark logging.

There is no need to do head movements if you're just trying to get a relative comparison.  I would avoid area/airports where you know FPS will be very low anyway.  Pick a location of moderate complexity to allow you enough granularity in the measurement of performance.

Cheers, Rob.

These SLI drivers makes me wonder "why not purchasing an additional, second hand card ?".

I am running a humble GTX760 (Asus Direct OC thing), with medium quality slider settings. Im getting 28-30FPS rock steady, but I am only running two cloud layers in ASN (with cloud density at the minimum). 

Do you think a second GTX760 would help in running more cloud layers and increase cloud coverage without getting a drop in FPS ?

Or should I go for a better card (like a 980), without SLI ?

My question is IF these are the drivers Adam at LM spoke of why hasn't he or anyone official from LM said they were, either here or in the P3D forums ?

These SLI drivers makes me wonder "why not purchasing an additional, second hand card ?".

I am running a humble GTX760 (Asus Direct OC thing), with medium quality slider settings. Im getting 28-30FPS rock steady, but I am only running two cloud layers in ASN (with cloud density at the minimum).

Do you think a second GTX760 would help in running more cloud layers and increase cloud coverage without getting a drop in FPS ?

Or should I go for a better card (like a 980), without SLI ?

If you decide to stick with a single card I would wait 1-2 weeks until the 980Ti is released and you will then get a card that will probably perform pretty much like a Titan X at a much lower price or get a 980 which will likely drop in price when the 980Ti is released.

Personally I was at first very tempted to try out SLI but considering the numerous issues found so far by people running SLI in combination with still no official statement from Nvidia nor LM regarding SLI compatibility in P3D I decided to sitt still in the boat for now.

My question is IF these are the drivers Adam at LM spoke of why hasn't he or anyone official from LM said they were, either here or in the P3D forums ?

I too find it very strange why LM first happily announces SLI compatibility coming to P3D and then when a new driver is released shortly thereafter which "seems" to include SLI compatibility for P3D all we get from LM in this regard is complete silence.

Richard Åsberg