Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Airplane engine silencer developed

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for that link. I hope this technology pans out :)

Guest TerryT

Sounds lie the real world version of pushing the "Q" key in FS2004.Terry

Guest Erick_Cantu

If they don't make noise, what's the point in having airplanes at all?

Being developed by "Mohammad Samimy" and "Igor Adamovich".And the government is *reducing* the number of high-tech Visas issued to allow foreign scientists to come and do this sort of work in the US.Richard

Samimy is Indian, Adamovich is Russian.My point is that for decades the best and brightest from round the world have come to do research in the US, resulting in incalculable benefits to the US economy (and to the whole world, since this results in pairing the worlds brightest research scientists with the worlds best equipped research labs)Now the government is cutting back on the number of these people who can come here to do research. Does anyone truly think that the next generation of Samimy's and Adamovich's (or of Von Braun's or Einstein's) won't nonetheless go on to do brilliant work in some other countries research labs instead of in ours?Richard

I was wondering if that was your thinking. Sorry to say I don't have an answer. But I have a feeling we see the same problem. The pinch is--how can the government maintain the status quo of research and student entry visas when some of those coming here to "learn" are simply bent on "Americide?" I think the truth is it's easier for the government to "react" and restrict entry, vs. keeping the doors more open but taking a more active role in policing the activities of those who come here to learn and research. The latter costs more time and money, but the government fails to see the potential silver lining in the next fusion breakthrough, or the next fuel cell breakthrough, etc... But things will go the other way--we've had an open society too long to tolerate the "lockdown" we've been under since 9/11. But I'd rather not say any more--political discussions don't fare well in these forums, since the written word is too easily misread without body language to back it up. I can have deep political discussions face to face with people, and know when to "hold em" and when to "fold em" just by watching for those cues we all give when we see something other than the speaker intended. Here, I "crash and burn" at such discussions....Hopefully my thoughts just shared are innocent enough that they'll slide by.-John