Sign in to follow this  
Mzee

Almnost unflyable to me

Don't know what to do with this aircraft. I am using FSX on a machine with 8GB RAM which makes the PMDG /// run very smoothly. However, the S550 seems to eat my frames. When using the Navigraph Extension Pack my frames are in the single digit zone which means the S550 is unflyable. Disabling the Navigraph pack and  putting many slides in the settings to the left brings me into the 2 digit zone which means I can at least experience some of the VNAV bugs. What am I doing wrong? Is there any hope that Carenado might issue a service pack? Grateful for any advise.

Hi, 8 gb or ram doesn't dictate how smooth your frames will be. What does the rest of your system consist of ?

ZORAN

The "FMC/Navigraph Expansion" does indeed pull frame rates down.  I uninstalled mine (it's not much better than the standard FMC that comes with the airplane), and without it, FPS are a little more demanding than most aircraft but certainly passable.

As Zoran said, what are your other specs;  CPU?   Graphics Card, Operating System?

The "FMC/Navigraph Expansion" does indeed pull frame rates down.  I uninstalled mine (it's not much better than the standard FMC that comes with the airplane), and without it, FPS are a little more demanding than most aircraft but certainly passable.

As Zoran said, what are your other specs;  CPU?   Graphics Card, Operating System?

Craig, bearing in mind that he had mentioned running PMDG (I could guess NGX???) smoothly, there is nothing wrong with his system....the problem is called CARENADO.In my machine PMDG J41 with marvelous VC and excellent systems simulation is also running much better than C550 with IGS modification, reduced VC textures and cmeteo disabled....