Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Are you still flying this bird?

Just wondering if those who own this AC are enjoying it?

Work has slowed my simming so have not purchased.

I have a copy of Bert's mod for the GTN, am aware of Carenado's rep. I have numerous of their AC, so prepared on that end.

Just wondering if it is gathering dust already or not before I bite.

Thanks for any relevant comments.

Joe

Joe Lorenc

After learning some of the quirks of this bird, I've gotten a pretty stable experience at this point. I fly it more than the 550 at this point, but only because I like fast short-medium hops where the 737NGX just doesn't make sense.

No, I gave up.  I went back to the 550.  However,  I remain hopeful the future holds a more complete and accurate simulation of a corporate jet.  (Blind optimism)

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I'm still flying it, and love it. As said, when you know the aircraft weaks and learn how to operate this bird it is really enjoyable. 

Things get even better with the GTN 750 mod installed.

I also still flying this bird and the 550 is now number 2. Have made now a couple of flights between 200 and 650 nm without any trouble, nice FPS and ILS APR's.

I don't touch the slowtation anymore...

The GTN mod is all I use and the Hawker.  I know it's not realistic but it looks like it could be realistic enough.  I'm miffed about FLC not working great but in general I like the plane.  I actually also love the sounds... someone said they're bad I guess I like them though.  I guess I'm just content with lite jets for the moment.  I can start it from cold and dark with a lot of buttons - feels realistic (even though it's not lol).  I fly it online on PilotEdge, and I get about 450 KTAS...  which means I'm flying between 400-500 kts GS depending on the winds.  Sweet.  

It hand flies pretty well - Bernt did a great job imo with the FDE.  Even if the systems are lite (I don't think he touches that stuff, it's all airfile stuff).  I can use ILS, VOR, GPS navigation, I can get the PFD to display a NAV2 bearing - it's nice.  With the GTN it's awesome for online flight.  Thanks Bert

On my rig the plane is pretty hard on performance but my OC keeps dying so that's why I notice it more and more (4GHz 2500K).  VAS consumption is average for a payware jet on my rig.

FWIW Eagleosoft is doing a C560+ and I hope the visuals will be up to snuff - looks decent on their forums but seems it needs a little more TLC which is probably coming.  And expect deep systems as with their C750.  Ed seems to say the PL21 on the 560 will be well simulated - great!  The C560 seems to cruise about the same as this hawker.. maybe slightly slower.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |