Sign in to follow this  
foxfan911

747-400 and FSX Steam edition?

Hi Andrew

If you must have the 744 now, the only way I see is for you to reinstall the boxed FSX, then install the 744. It is feasible to have both FSX box and FSX-SE on the same computer. Just check the Steam site for tips on how to do it.

Gaétan

This isn't necessary. I had to reinstall FSX-SE (single mode) recently and this time I couldn't get either the 747 or J41 to install. Neither installer could find a valid FSX folder despite other addons finding it. Eventually I found that FSX-SE doesn't put a backslash at the end of the registry entry for installation folder, whereas FSX box did. It seems the older PMDG installers look for this, and if it isn't there don't recognise the location. So the easy fix is to edit the registry to add a backslash to the end of the line for that registry entry.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin, the registry is a pretty big file. Where exactly should I add this backslash?

Gaétan

Thanks Kyle

I have found FSX-SE in:

RootKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Key: \Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
Subkey: AppPath

When I open AppPath: it reads the correct location where my FSX-SE is installed. There is a backslash at the very end. Yet Kevin was saying that FSX-SE doesn't put a backslash at the end of the registry entry for installation folder, so we need to add one for the PMDG B744 to install. How come it refused to install even though I had the backslash?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed there was also an entry in the registry for FSX boxed, even though  I had uninstalled it before installing FSX-SE.

Hi guys, I believe there is a new PMDG B747 coming out.     Does anyone know when?

Thanks.

johngoncalves

There is a backslash at the very end.

I don't see it in what you posted, above.

How come it refused to install even though I had the backslash?

No idea. We didn't create the old 744 to be used either on FSX:SE or W10. Maybe someone else can help further.

Does anyone know when?

We don't give release dates.

Kyle Rodgers

How come it refused to install even though I had the backslash?

Do you also have the 744 installed on FSX Box? If so that is probably the problem, you can only have it installed on one or the other not both. Also make sure the FSX Path registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES is also set to your Steam folder (Without the trailing backslash) The easiest and safest way to do this is by using the Flight1 Registry Repair Utility.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Out of all this... I have to raise a dead horse.

Just moved to Steam, since I upgraded to a new computer build and my FSX Box Edition will no longer accept my activation key. I can direct the PMDG installer to the FSX file in steam, but I still can't get my gauges, buttons and switches to work. Control surfaces and landing works... but that is about it.

...and just when I finally learned how to properly fly her... go figure.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Out of all this... I have to raise a dead horse.

Just moved to Steam, since I upgraded to a new computer build and my FSX Box Edition will no longer accept my activation key. I can direct the PMDG installer to the FSX file in steam, but I still can't get my gauges, buttons and switches to work. Control surfaces and landing works... but that is about it.

...and just when I finally learned how to properly fly her... go figure.

Did you tried to install the simconnects?

I had no issues whatsoever re-installing from a FSX Gold Edition boxed, and activating the FSX part and the Acceleration part, in Windows 10.