Sign in to follow this  
foxfan911

747-400 and FSX Steam edition?

I guess i will wait for 6 months or (much) more considering the PMDGish sense of calendary!!!!!

This is not a joke. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Relax mate, this hobby should be in the fun part of our life. :wink:

O.K, i will relax (although i am relaxed).

All the others upgraded their installers after fsx-se was published but PMDG is not like the "others"...

Dimitrios Dogos

O.K, i will relax (although i am relaxed).

All the others upgraded their installers after fsx-se was published but PMDG is not like the "others"...

Dimitrios,

Please consider the fact that the existing 744 for FSX is about 6 years old now, based on a product that is over a decade old (the FS9 version). I highly doubt that there are developers out there releasing new installers for products that are 6+ years old.

Moreover, consider the fact that we have the new 744v2 in the works that is being built with FSX and FSX:SE in mind, so tasking someone with going back to revisit the old version doesn't make much sense.

Kyle Rodgers

I have just installed the Boxed version 747-400 straight into FSX-Steam with no problem at all. it found the path straight away, The only problem I am seeing is that the external main lights do not illuminate at night..

looking to fix that and will inform you all..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

I am happy to hear that a new 747 is coming out . I have heard this for a while now and I will buy it again :-(. My question is when will it come out?

Alan Johnson

Alan,

apparently you haven't been here long enough yet to know that it'll come out "when ready", rather than on a date. Check out the general forum though, there's a new post with drool-worthy screenshots.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Bert, thank you for the info.l have looked though the forums an apparently others are looking for this information also. An exact date is not necessary but a ballpark date would be more courteous than it'll come out "when ready" . Have great flights Alan Johnson

Bert, thank you for the info.l have looked though the forums an apparently others are looking for this information also. An exact date is not necessary but a ballpark date would be more courteous than it'll come out "when ready" . Have great flights Alan Johnson

Welcome to the internet, where ballpark dates become specific commitments in the minds of the community, enough people don't understand the meaning of the words "ballpark figure" or "bests guess" or "harder than we thought" or "we don't really know" (and then come agitating and complaining, which then escalates), that it's safer and less contentious to just maintain radio silence until just before release.  PMDG are far from alone in refusing to release target dates.

Every time a new product is in the works there are posts after posts like your afj54 saying "when oh when will pmdg release the new model"

The same posters are also usually the ones who moan when the first release is not 100% bug free.

You just need to wait for the beta testers to do their thing, so chill.

Peter Schluter

I am as cool as a cucumber. All I did was ask a simple question. You would have thought I kicked a hornets nest sorry I asked. afj54

I will be glad to wait.l have never complained I just asked a question,calm down. afj54

The problem is that I entirely deleted the FSX Box and all related files, including the DLL.xml file,  before installing FSX Steam. It would be great if I could get those 3 files from a trustworthy source.

I am having exactly the same problem.  I already uninstalled FSX Box and ran CC CLeaner and Tweak FS to get everything straightened out.  The 744 installs, but I get the dll error.  However, I now have no  "appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX folder"  only FSX-SE    What can I do?  Is there some simpler way to get the three files back other than reinstalling the box edition moving over the three files, then uninstalling and running CCcleaner again? 

I would normally just be done with it and wait for the new 744, but my VA, Globe Cargo, absolutely requires the PMDG744.  If anyone has ideas, the would be appreciated.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Hi Andrew

If you must have the 744 now, the only way I see is for you to reinstall the boxed FSX, then install the 744. It is feasible to have both FSX box and FSX-SE on the same computer. Just check the Steam site for tips on how to do it.

Gaétan

Okay, I have reinstalled FSX Box, and reinstalled the 744 v.1 to it.  Having done so, and having run it once, I looked in the "appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX folder" and there are no PMDG dll.xml files there.  How is this possible?  The plane loads up in FSX Box fine.  Is there somewhere else they could be?  THe dlls themselves are in the correct place, but not the dll.xmls.  I want to move them over to my corresponding FSX-SE folder, and then uninstall FSX Box, and reinstall the 744 there.  Please offer ideas.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

After much experimenting, I have finally resolved the problem.  All this time I misunderstood about dll.xmls.  I thought there were supposed to be three separate files, labeled PMDG Options, PMDG SOunds etc.  I finally figured out that these were just entries in a single dll.xml file that was where it was supposed to have been all along.  You simply need to open the dll.xml file and copy/paste the respective entries into the respective FSX-SE dll.xml file.  Now the old 744 is working in FSX-SE as it should, after uninstalling FSX Box and running CC Cleaner and TweakFS.  I just wanted to clarify this in case anyone else misunderstood as I did. 

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones