Sign in to follow this  
clocki

Parts of water are black

Hey all,

I just installed ORBX Global+Vector into P3D. Prior that I did not made any other changes and configured FSX to be used as dual sim (according to simmershome.de instrcutions)

But now after ORBX installation some lakes and parts of rivers are black. But not all as you can see in the picture.

p3deou2q.jpg

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Turn off winter ice textures in the vector configuration tool. This is a known (and still not fixed) bug in P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Turn off winter ice textures in the vector configuration tool. This is a known (and still not fixed) bug in P3D.

Thanks very much. Thats seems to be the solution on a quick test flight.

But very strange to have the black textures while flying in spring/summer time. Anyway....not needing the ice textures as they sometimes look also strange if you have big rivers like the Themse,Rhein,Elbe,Moldau or even bigger lakes and they are frozen while flying with -1°C :P

Thank you very much :)

PS: Wanted to give you a thumb up but it seems the function is disabled on avsim.com

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Thanks, I had the same problem and was driving me crazy. Read this post and it solved my problems, no more black water.

On 5/26/2015 at 7:38 PM, darem said:

Hi Gents,

Confirming same problem in V4. Unchecking winter textures ("Water" tab) solved.

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

After installing ORBX Vector the same problem.

Unchecking frozen water in vector solved the problem.

Jac

• Upvote 1

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

Many thanks, works for me too!

- TONY -

I have the same issue in new zealand...but i dont have vector installed so i dont know what to if i cant turn off frozen water!