Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Landing Rate "Plugin" for FSUIPC (Improve your landings!) FSX/P3D

Hello all,

Just a little something that I thought I would share with you all. if you're interested in seeing how hard your landings are (for *every* landing!)

here's a little Lua script for FSUIPC (I believe you need the payware version for it to work!)

I can't take full credit for it, as I found the basic version elsewhere. I just added a few lines here and there.

Basically, every time you land a little box will pop up at the side of the screen showing you how hard your touchdown is in Feet Per Minute. The box will then disappear after 15 seconds.

bYdAec7.jpg

Simply copy this code into a text file and save it as "ipcReady.lua" in your FSX/P3D Modules folder. Start the sim and get practicing!

ipc.setowndisplay("FPM", 0, 60, 6,  1)

function logvs(off, val)

if val ~= 0 then

-- if on ground flag just set, get VS, convert it and log it

vs = ipc.readSD(0x030C) --original was 030C then 31A0

vs = vs * 60 * 3.28084 / 256

ipc.log("Vertical speed at touchdown = " .. math.floor( (vs * 10^2) + 0.5) / (10^2), 5)

ipc.display(math.floor( (vs * 10^2) + 0.5) / (10^2), 15)

end

end

-- set to call above routine whenever "on ground" flag changes

event.offset(0x0366, "UW", "logvs")

Hopefully some people can add some additions and we can improve it together!

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I have payware FSUIPC and am using P3D 2.5.  This program does not work in my sim.

Jim

Glad I read your reply, Jim, coz I'm in the same boat and was bout to place this file where OP recommended.

Add this in your FSUIPC4.ini file:

[LuaFiles]
1=ipcReady

It should work.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi, Ebs,

Thanks for this little program.  Does it work in FSX:SE?  I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Have tried it with my P3D2.5:

1. The display does not show at all  :(

2. However, the FSUIPC.log has at the end of the file  7 lines saying:

"LUA.0: Vertical speed at touchdown:  xxx.yy"

(xxx is a positive value (1. line starts with the value 0, the last value is negative)

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems... I really didn't expect it.

Just copy and paste the code into notepad, save the file as ipcReady.lua in your modules directory. thats it!

No need to add anything to your ini as ipcReady is a special filename and is loaded when the simulator is initialized.

I use this every time I fly and it works 100% of the time.

I'm not at home today so I'll have to check it all out again tomorrow. I'll update the post if I find anything wrong, but the code and steps look good...

Please post if you have this working and help me out :)

Neil Andrews.

Works as advertised for me (in FSX and P3D v2.4). I didn't do the .ini edit in either sim. My landings still suck though, lol.

Search for "Lord of the Landing" in the file library. Provides this and more

Hans Soule

Works as advertised for me (in FSX and P3D v2.4).

Cheers Jim! Thanks for the feedback.

Search for "Lord of the Landing" in the file library. Provides this and more

I've heard about this and it sounds great, I didn't want yet another app running in the background though. The FSUIPC solution is cleaner for me and logs every single touchdown automatically. Plus, it can easily be extended to provide as much information as Lord of the Landing does... And probably more ;)

Neil Andrews.

Thanks for this plugin. Works perfectly in P3D2.5 for me.

I also did not need to edit the .ini file, just followed the original instructions.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Working for me too...-93.81 on my first test using Realair Citabria. Off to test my skill (or lack of) with some heavier aircraft.

Thanks for the heads up!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

We have something similar in our club Cessna 152's - it's called the SOTP monitor (Seat Of The Pants).

Sadly this can't be replicated in P3D so thank you for the script will try it out this weekend!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

To add to this topic, you can also enable VerticalSpeed=1 in textinfo in fsx.cfg to see your rate all the way until you flare.

[TextInfo.1]

VerticalSpeed=1