Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Landing Rate "Plugin" for FSUIPC (Improve your landings!) FSX/P3D

Same here for P3Dv4/FSUIPC5

LUA script seems to record correctly both in the FSUIPC log and on the console but I cannot see how to get the screen display in V4

Any Ideas?

I just read the "whats missing" PDF that comes with the FSUIPC version that Pete released last evening for P3D4. Pete states in this PDF that he can't get (yet) a concise readout of the friction tables (or whatever) so I don't think FSUIPC is completely porting the info that is needed for the landing rate plugin. At least that is my take on it. I've got it installed but as of yet no screen output.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yeah, 

Same here Gents, no screen output.

Clear skies,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hello,

I have already a file called "ipcReady.lua", it activates the Linda program...

As there can't be 2 files with the same name, can i simply add the code in the already existing "*.lua"-file?

edit: I tried it and it works great!!! (P3D v3 - FSUIPC4)

Edited by headley
I tried it ...

On 29/05/2015 at 11:49 AM, flibinite said:

Search for "Lord of the Landing" in the file library. Provides this and more

Love this little app provides more info and very easy to use

Me too, if you want to use LoL in V4, look here: 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 hours ago, krazyk said:

Did anyone manage to get this to work in v4? 

Yes go to above link from cargostorm. I followed the instructions and worked for me

8 hours ago, branks737 said:

Yes go to above link from cargostorm. I followed the instructions and worked for me

Thanks but he is talking about some other software. I intended my question for the LUA script this thread is about as I'm not interested in running additional software or track other data from my flight.

It works in FSX...thank you!

Does anybody know how to make the "display window & numbers" a little bigger?

I just came across this thread ond found this script. However i didn't like that the landing rate updated at each bounce so I tweaked it a bit so that only the initial touchdown would record.

I set it up so that it would not record any event 30 secound after the initial touchdown, you can  change the delay by editing the line:    " if x2 > x1+30 then " by changing the 30 to whatever number of seconds you want to inhibit the script

The display windows is also configured to show for 30 seconds. Again you can tune that by changing the second parameter of the ipc.dispaly function from the 30 I set to the number of seconds you want the window to show

The original script also displayed the vertical speed at takeoff so i disabled that as well.

Its the first time I edit a lua script and I couldn't figure why the window don't show in P3D as shown in the screeshots at the beginning of the thread. I went through  FSUIPC documentation and the syntax of the ipc.setowndisplay looks correct but the behavior doesn't match what the documentation says.

If anyone has an idea about that please let me know.

here is the modified script:

ipc.setowndisplay("FPM", 0, 60, 6,  1)

x1 = os.clock()

function logvs(off, val)

if val ~= 0 then

x2 = os.clock()

if x2 > x1+30 then        

-- if on ground flag just set, get VS, convert it and log it

vs = ipc.readSD(0x030C) --original was 030C then 31A0

vs = vs * 60 * 3.28084 / 256

if vs < -25 then

ipc.log("Vertical speed at touchdown = " .. math.floor( (vs * 10^2) + 0.5) / (10^2), 5)

ipc.display(math.floor( (vs * 10^2) + 0.5) / (10^2), 30)

end

x1 = os.clock()

end

end

end

-- set to call above routine whenever "on ground" flag changes

event.offset(0x0366, "UW", "logvs")

Good morning Gents,

Got it to work eventually, P3D 4.4 with (registered) FSUIPC 5, but the window's size & position is not correct and the name is "Simconnect window": it reports only the FPS value without "FPM".

I just placed the ipcReady.lua file in the modules folder, no other changes in FSUIPC.ini 

I'm going to give a try to the LRM client and see how it behaves.

Cheers,

Edit: I may attach my last FSUIPC.log later, in case someone has better understanding of what's happening (not me, I'm afraid).

Edited by ffantasy67

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

1 hour ago, ffantasy67 said:

I'm going to give a try to the LRM client and see how it behaves.

LRM is what I'm using. 

Simple to install and use, it does everything I need it to.

I also downloaded the "Lord of the Landing" tool mentioned earlier in this thread, I am going to try that out and see how it compares to LRM.

I use LRM in Xplane and "Lord of the Landing" in P3D.  Personally, I find "Lord of the Landing" by far superior because it provides additional landing parameters such as flare distance, centerline deviation, bank angle, heading (sidelip angle) and max v/s during approach.  All these parameter are important to evaluate a "good landing".

For those who are interested, it can be downloaded in the library:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=182928

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR