Ebs

Landing Rate "Plugin" for FSUIPC (Improve your landings!) FSX/P3D

Thanks for the replies everyone. Glad you like it!

Hi
Not working for me on P3D2.5.
Any help appreciated
Jay

You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Works perfectly fine for me on p3d 2.5

Make sure your file name is correct with no .txt ending. Plus it wouldn't hurt if capitalization is identical to example given

Nice little app and works as advertised. Please do bear in mind however that most airlines actively discourage crews from fixating on the landing rate and instead to concentrate on aiming for the touchdown zone. Ryanair in particular are very hot on this as they operate to many marginal fields in all kinds of Northern European weathers and want crews to get into the habit of treating them all the same, so no 4000m runway mindset creeping in at the wrong moment.

A nice gentle touchdown is always a bonus, but if it's at the expense of a long landing or worse, expect a tea with no biccies meeting with your fleet Captain sooner or later.

This is a simulation, so I live for gentle touchdowns. Touchdown zone is overrated, unless it is 2000m runway, then I accept 250ft/m landing. :lol:

I am so obsessed with soft landings that I can call FSX a Soft Landing Simulator. :rolleyes:  When I'm bored I pick a random airliner and practice soft landings, awesome stuff.

Soft landings are the meaning of life. When I land hard at 200ft/m or more, I call that flight a fail.  :P Virtual passengers doesn't care about landing after touchdown zone, neither my virtual fleet Captain. He has a collection of medals for soft landings - Gold (below 30), Silver (30-50) and Bronze (50-70). I have two Bronze medals, thank you Captain! B)

(now I need one soft landing on my pillow) 

sorry for the joke post  :P

Hi Ebs

I copied and pasted the lines from your earlier post into a text file that I put into P3D modules folder-I didn't catch the reference to the = you made.

Is there any chance you can upload the text file here or email it to me?

Many thanks

I'm keen to try your tool!

Jay

I'm keen to try your tool!

You'll have to buy me dinner first!  :lol:

In all seriousness, if you're having problems with lua.txt etc. then in notepad, simply save the file with surrounding quotes "ipcReady.lua" that way it won't do the lua.txt thing.

I won't be uploading it, but others are more than welcome to.

Disregard, got it to work.....

It works like a dream in my P3Dv3, and your tutorial for the gtn750 is a pleasure to watch! Two dinners next time you come in Italy!

Just in case someones would like to have some more landing information (vertical speed, center line deviation, bank angle, heading, touchdown speed etc.). Look for the little FSX App "Lord of the Landing" - it also works flawlessly in P3Dv3. I prefer this over the lua file. It also allows to place the aircraft back to a approach position to train landings.

Thank you for this script! I love it because it runs automatic and is nice and lightweight!

But I have a question about it - is there a way to show the landing rate for a longer time? Sometimes I am just so distracted by procedures and so on that I dont look fast enough to check it. I would be happy to see it for lets say 30sec or so.

Thanks

But I have a question about it - is there a way to show the landing rate for a longer time? Sometimes I am just so distracted by procedures and so on that I dont look fast enough to check it. I would be happy to see it for lets say 30sec or so.

Where it says ipd display, change that number from 15 to a longer amount of seconds. Should work!

Where it says ipd display, change that number from 15 to a longer amount of seconds. Should work!

Thank you very much! Will trie it!

Didn't know about this script until now, definitely going to try it out. Like others, I don't want to start a separate application to monitor the vspeed so this seems suitably lightweight and automatic.

This is the neatest little gizmo to come down the pike in awhile. Thank you so much for your work. What I did to get this to work was to open one of the lua files in the FSUIPC documents folder, then copy over your code into the file, then store it in the modules folder, then change the name to ipcReady. This way it was called a "lua file". I tried other approaches and they failed.

Same for me: got it work with the approach above. Thanks silverheels2 for sharing and thank you so much Neil for this little-big tool, really appreciated.

Cheers,

Sry, I still do not understand, as I do this archivco.lua, here is always in a text document

Cezario, just change the .txt to .lua, if I understand you correctly.

This sounds like a useful and fun feature! Always good to be practicing for a soft landing.

More good news - don't forget that there's also a free demo version of FSFlyingSchool 2017 in versions for FSX, FS2004, P3D and X-Plane 11 and 10 - and they will all provide vertical speed at touchdown and plenty more to think about...  :-)

Yes - it's a separate application that runs at the same time as your sim. Free demo - no time limit - use it for as long as you like.

Works with FREE version of FSUIPC or of XPUIPC (for X-Plane).

Hi Gents,

Sorry to resume this old topic but,

Is there any chance to have this .lua plugin working again in V4/FSUIPC5 (no luck for me til far)?

Thanks in advance for reading and happy  v4 flying.

Hi Massimo:

It will be great to hear of the plugin for Prepar3D version 4 using FSUIPC version 5. You can also use the free demo of FSFlyingSchool PRO 2017 for P3Dv4 for as long as you like.

It provides vertical speed at touchdown and plenty more to think about...  :-)

Available here...   http://www.fsflyingschool.com/demo-p36.asp

Same here for P3Dv4/FSUIPC5

LUA script seems to record correctly both in the FSUIPC log and on the console but I cannot see how to get the screen display in V4

Any Ideas?

I just read the "whats missing" PDF that comes with the FSUIPC version that Pete released last evening for P3D4. Pete states in this PDF that he can't get (yet) a concise readout of the friction tables (or whatever) so I don't think FSUIPC is completely porting the info that is needed for the landing rate plugin. At least that is my take on it. I've got it installed but as of yet no screen output.  

Hello,

I have already a file called "ipcReady.lua", it activates the Linda program...

As there can't be 2 files with the same name, can i simply add the code in the already existing "*.lua"-file?

edit: I tried it and it works great!!! (P3D v3 - FSUIPC4)

Edited by headley
I tried it ...

On 29/05/2015 at 11:49 AM, flibinite said:

Search for "Lord of the Landing" in the file library. Provides this and more

Love this little app provides more info and very easy to use