Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Landing Rate "Plugin" for FSUIPC (Improve your landings!) FSX/P3D

To add to this topic, you can also enable VerticalSpeed=1 in textinfo in fsx.cfg to see your rate all the way until you flare.

[TextInfo.1]

VerticalSpeed=1

This I've got to check out. I'm not using FSUIPC but I'd love to see this particular info. I actually programmed a little utility to poll the vertical speed using SimConnect but for some reason I couldn't figure out it was never accurate enough to be really helpful.  This has the potential to be more precise since it's in-process. 

I have to wait until Sunday night to try it out but if it does work - thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity..

What are considered good values for a landing?

Lets say for the 172, the Hawker and the 737.

Espen

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

This is the neatest little gizmo to come down the pike in awhile. Thank you so much for your work. What I did to get this to work was to open one of the lua files in the FSUIPC documents folder, then copy over your code into the file, then store it in the modules folder, then change the name to ipcReady. This way it was called a "lua file". I tried other approaches and they failed.

Now it is working fine in FSX Steam  -- don't know what I changed; maybe I just didn't know where to look for the number.

Thanks again!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

For those of you where it's not working...

Sometimes when performing copy and paste you may lose a carrage return and a line will end up under the comments ('--') so will not work. Just make sure that each individual line appears as it does in the OP in your lua file and you should be good to go.

Ryanair V class a -150 the perfect VS for landing the 738 WL

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks I've been looking for something like this for a while, working perfect in Prepar3d 2.5.

Be sure to create a "ipcReady.lua" file not a "ipcReady.lua.txt" file

Best regards

Daniel Sfondrini

Hi

Not working for me on P3D2.5.

Any help appreciated

Jay

Thanks for the replies everyone. Glad you like it!

Hi
Not working for me on P3D2.5.
Any help appreciated
Jay

You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Works perfectly fine for me on p3d 2.5

Make sure your file name is correct with no .txt ending. Plus it wouldn't hurt if capitalization is identical to example given

Nice little app and works as advertised. Please do bear in mind however that most airlines actively discourage crews from fixating on the landing rate and instead to concentrate on aiming for the touchdown zone. Ryanair in particular are very hot on this as they operate to many marginal fields in all kinds of Northern European weathers and want crews to get into the habit of treating them all the same, so no 4000m runway mindset creeping in at the wrong moment.

A nice gentle touchdown is always a bonus, but if it's at the expense of a long landing or worse, expect a tea with no biccies meeting with your fleet Captain sooner or later.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

This is a simulation, so I live for gentle touchdowns. Touchdown zone is overrated, unless it is 2000m runway, then I accept 250ft/m landing. :lol:

I am so obsessed with soft landings that I can call FSX a Soft Landing Simulator. :rolleyes:  When I'm bored I pick a random airliner and practice soft landings, awesome stuff.

Soft landings are the meaning of life. When I land hard at 200ft/m or more, I call that flight a fail.  :P Virtual passengers doesn't care about landing after touchdown zone, neither my virtual fleet Captain. He has a collection of medals for soft landings - Gold (below 30), Silver (30-50) and Bronze (50-70). I have two Bronze medals, thank you Captain! B)

(now I need one soft landing on my pillow) 

sorry for the joke post  :P

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi Ebs

I copied and pasted the lines from your earlier post into a text file that I put into P3D modules folder-I didn't catch the reference to the = you made.

Is there any chance you can upload the text file here or email it to me?

Many thanks

I'm keen to try your tool!

Jay