Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

Flight Scheduler v1.1 Release

Why not just upload it to the AVSIM library?

Because I don't want to have my email address and full name on a publicly available download.

Because I don't want to have my email address and full name on a publicly available download.

So make an alternate email address with Gmail or something and make up a name. No one knows your name as it stands, so there won't be any difference if you make up a name.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not my site. Just a convenient upload place. No need to be rude.

Welcome to Avsims rule #7....."no good deed shall go unpunished" :lol:

Where is your primary data from? I used to use Flight stats but their new interface has made it much much harder to quickly source a flight now that they are concentrating on subscriptions for Pilot based info

ZORAN

Welcome to Avsims rule #7....."no good deed shall go unpunished" :lol:

Where is your primary data from? I used to use Flight stats but their new interface has made it much much harder to quickly source a flight now that they are concentrating on subscriptions for Pilot based info

Primarily various FS9 AI traffic files, actually, which are in turn often based on OAG or other such data. They've had a heavy round of clean-up and filtering and error checking as well to make sure historically correct airports are used and all the destinations are valid, etc. Also, as stated in the first post, I'm in the final stages of putting together some code that will take in a bunch of flights and aircraft types and registrations and auto-assign them, so I can use manually-compiled data from timetables, especially for the older/historical schedules.

Hello,

this is indeed a very nice tool! Many thanks!

And there come the wishes ;)

1)

Would be nice to have in the table on the right side also the duration with the ability to sort by duration.

(e.g. to find the really shortest flight with a 777)

2)

Would be nice to have the duration in smaller steps (if possible) e.g. half an hour, hour, 1 to 2 hours, etc.

3)

is it possible to see also the distance?

If so, would be nice to have it also in the table.

Many, many thanks!

Keep on the good work!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When launching the app, I've got an error: "cx_Freeze Fatal Error" cannot get zipimporter instance. Any solutions?

When launching the app, I've got an error: "cx_Freeze Fatal Error" cannot get zipimporter instance. Any solutions?

You are unzipping everything before trying to run the executable, right?

1)

Would be nice to have in the table on the right side also the duration with the ability to sort by duration.

(e.g. to find the really shortest flight with a 777)

2)

Would be nice to have the duration in smaller steps (if possible) e.g. half an hour, hour, 1 to 2 hours, etc.

3)

is it possible to see also the distance?

If so, would be nice to have it also in the table.

Distance probably isn't possible, it would be a ton of work to go through and add coordinates to all the airports to make the distance calculations with.

Next version will let the user to enter any duration, without using the radio buttons.

I'm cautious about adding information to the table, because it's already a bit cluttered and difficult to use with a ton of flights displayed. I'll look into it, but if I add the manual duration entry like above you'll be able to find the shortest flights that way.

You are unzipping everything before trying to run the executable, right?

Sure, i solved this problem by removing non-Western characters from the folder name I unzipped the program to. Probably one of dependencies can't read the path well.

can i use your tool for ai traffic?

No, not at the moment. What did you have in mind?