Sign in to follow this  
GFD150

Edit Voicepack Help

I'm running FS2004 and using edit voiecpack. While i know that it's not supported anymore I had found a site that had the latest update to edit voicepack done in or around 2006 and downloaded it and it worked great. Well my computer updated and lost it and i didn't save where i found it.

Does anyone know??

yeah it didn't work.

I found a link to site where the very last update was and lost it. It wasn't the info you gave but thanks for the help.

yeah it didn't work.

I found a link to site where the very last update was and lost it. It wasn't the info you gave but thanks for the help.

The one in the link I gave you EditVoicePack V3.1 is the latest available for FS2004, so I'm not sure what you are looking for, V3.0? The V4.0 also in the link I provided, is the one for FSX, so if you are trying that one, it won't work. If you are looking for V3.0 or earlier then I don't think those are available anymore.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think he is referring to the automatic updates that used to be possible to be made directly from within the software or downloaded and installed through a so-called "off-line update".

These were available for a long while from the EVP site but that facility was lost with a change of server there several years ago.

I discussed this with Lars at EVP and this data is now completely lost. I negotiated permission to make them available through my site and this is the only official source for those original additional callsigns.

As the originals were lost, extraction had to be done manually for each individual one. No small task for several thousand! But at least they are now accessible to us luddites that won't let go of a very old simulator.

This of course means you have to install what you want manually but its the best (and only) option. (For those that don't know, which seems to be a good proprotion of EVP users, you can select and install multiple updates simultaneously).

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks John for making those available, and for the tip you can import more than one at a time.

Hi John

As the originals were lost, extraction had to be done manually for each individual one. No small task for several thousand! But at least they are now accessible to us luddites that won't let go of a very old simulator.

Could you give me simple instructions on how to this?

Just to go back, I am running FS2004 on a new Windows 10 machine. All OK except I can't get ATC to call the AI airlines by name, only by flight number. I have a copy of EVP 3.1, but when I run it, I get two choices, repair or remove. So i assume it does not connect to server anymore?

I would appreciate any help with manually installing AI airlines, assuming this will get ATC to call them correctly.

when I run it, I get two choices, repair or remove.

You tried running it in Win7 compatibility mode? Maybe it'll work with that on, as i don't think there is a problem with the server.

Hi All,

I run EVP as administrator, and I get a message "The Registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 is missing or does not point to a valid installation of Flight Simulator". Some have suggested a re-install of FS2004, but I want to avoid that if I can. If there is somebody out there who knows how to insert the registry key and can explain it step by step I will be eternally grateful.

I am running FS2004 on an external SSD connected via USB, Windows 10.

Cheers