Sign in to follow this  
Boeingman29562

PMDG 737NGX low cockpit resolution

I recently reinstalled the PMDG 737NGX for FSX Gold Edition on my computer, and noticed that the textures in the cockpit are a lot lower than the quality that they used to be. They are quite blurry in comparison to the crispness of before on the aircraft. I have checked the PMDG operations center, and the cockpit resolution is set to high quality. I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve the issue. Also, if you guys could tell me how to put up screenshots, I will so you will be able to see. Thanks for the help!   :lol:

Do you use Nvidia Inspector? I found with the correct settings which can be found throughout these forums, my cockpit texture quality was greatly improved...when i changed to FSX Steam, I had to make a new profile to regain my "crisp" cockpit views..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Thanks for all of the input! I tried the suggestions by Slayer and Peter Weber, but didn't get success yet. By the way Mephic, where is the max texture load in the fsx cfg file, I can't seem to find it? I appreciate the help!  :lol:  :rolleyes:

where is the max texture load in the fsx cfg file, I can't seem to find it? I appreciate the help!

Graphic section take a closer  look  if its not  there  just add it  in

Texture_Max_Load= 4096 or 2048 or 1024   depending  on you want

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Can you give some more information first?

Did you use DX9 or DX10? What video card you have? Nvidia or ATI? Do you have blurry texture only in cockpit? How are you're texture outside in external view?

Check the FSX display options menu (under Aircraft I think) there is a check box that must be checked to enable high resolution cockpit displays. If not it will give you low resolution blurry type displays.

Regards

Ian Friend

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Graphic section take a closer look if its not there just add it in

Texture_Max_Load= 4096 or 2048 or 1024 depending on you want

Those settings don't effect user aircraft at all, only scenery resolution for clouds, water, buildings, etc. User aircraft will display whatever resolution the native textures installed are.

I keep my Texture_Max_Load=1024 but my VC still remains at the high resolution textures as long as the high resolution virtual cockpit is set in the FSX UI and in the Operations Center options.

Sean Campbell

Check the FSX display options menu (under Aircraft I think) there is a check box that must be checked to enable high resolution cockpit displays. If not it will give you low resolution blurry type displays.

Regards

Ian Friend

Correct.

Also is your fsx.cfg set to 4096 max texture load?

Not necessary, see my first post.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I found the fix! It turns out that when I reinstalled FSX, it turned the world texture settings back to high instead of ultra high. This is what caused the blurry cockpit textures. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate this great avsim community! :lol: