Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

Just completed my first flight from FSDG's Nuuk (Greenland, fantastic airport BTW), to BGMQ - pleased to say I am really enjoying this aircraft, so far, it's a tentative winner for me - very nice hand flyer, I wonder if Bernt Stolle did the FDE...

i wondered the same. Its a nice aircraft.

My "Direct To" button is good upon aircraft load - perhaps I do something to "lose it" during the flight...

I use saitek panels and doesnt seem to have any issues with setting and keeping climb rates.

The only thing i noticed is that may alt setting does not transfer over to the VC but thats not unusual for some of the newer VC'S

quote name="flapsdown" post="3246424" timestamp="1432954060"]Hirdy - are you able to set a climb or descent pitch for the AP?

I'll be uploading a quick review video later tonight.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

My "Direct To" button is good upon aircraft load - perhaps I do something to "lose it" during the flight...

hmmmm. I need to take her up again and check. That is weird.

I am tossing up between this bird and the Flysimware MU2. The textures in the Titan appear to be a lot better.

If anyone owns both, I would really appreciate a quick comparison.

Thanks

John

Just in case nobody has both,The MU2 texture is woeful, you can read up on it in their forums. There is a fellow who released an aftermarket texture pack that helps it somewhat. You dont mention systems ,so go for the C404 it looks stunning. I Wont buy it as I need at least engine damage modeled for at least some realism

ZORAN

Just in case nobody has both,The MU2 texture is woeful, you can read up on it in their forums. There is a fellow who released an aftermarket texture pack that helps it somewhat. You dont mention systems ,so go for the C404 it looks stunning. I Wont buy it as I need at least engine damage modeled for at least some realism

Thanks beerwolfe

I am an eye candy and ctrl E man so systems don't bother me too much. I saw the alternative texture pack but I haven't read any reviews of it yet.

I bought the Wilco Tecnam for about $20 and the VC textures on that are horrid. Never fly it anymore.

I am leaning towards the Titan as it looks stunning as you said.

If anyone else has any import, I would love to hear it.

Thanks

John

I can certainly relate to the extra bit of realism factor beerwolfe, as I am of much the same mind, but so far, I think this aircraft is a very worthy offering, and a nicely different experience from my Duke V2  - in no way am I equating these aircraft, just saying the enjoyment factor is there for me...

I can certainly relate to the extra bit of realism factor beerwolfe, as I am of much the same mind, but so far, I think this aircraft is a very worthy offering, and a nicely different experience from my Duke V2  - not equating these aircraft, just saying the enjoyment factor is there for me...

+1

I really wanted the piston duke to have 750 integration but nothing seems to be happening there.

Ive been waiting for the 404 and here we are, a nice piston twin with exactly what im after.

I can certainly relate to the extra bit of realism factor beerwolfe, as I am of much the same mind, but so far, I think this aircraft is a very worthy offering, and a nicely different experience from my Duke V2  - in no way am I equating these aircraft, just saying the enjoyment factor is there for me...

Just remembered there is freeware "real engine V1.4" that enables engine failures. I may need to have a closer look ..

ZORAN

Now that sounds interesting - being able to add some failures, assuming it's configurable by aircraft in some way...

Works on piston only and is fairly complex. You need to add in all the important temps, oil pressures etc but easy enough to get that info on the net

ZORAN

Will be checking that out - thx...

So far no reoccurrence of my "Direct To" bezel button issue on the GTN750 in the VC, but I am continuing to have problems with the AP pitch for climbs and descents - the Up/Down pitch control would seem like it should operate like the Carenado SkyMaster, but the AP keeps overriding it, still, it is possible I am being an idiot... 

I don't much care for simulated engine failure.  In real life, I often flew over very rugged mountain areas, in which engine problems can be disastrous.  I was always maintaining my engine, to give it a high probability of no problems.  Within a simulation, if I'm to know, that yes, this engine will have some kind of failure within a few hours, then I'm mentally thinking that I don't care to fly the airplane. Hopefully, an engine will run for thousands of hours without some mechanical breakdown.  A fact of life.................single engine over mountains or darkness, has an added element of risk.  I don't even use "maintenance" such as A2A has for their airplanes. I spent many, many real hours doing aircraft maintenance, and just don't care for it to sim. Of course, these are my thoughts, as others enjoy it.