Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

Wow, this is a wonderful aircraft.  Sounds are fantastic and 750 integration is well done.  VERY FPS friendly.  Just did a quick hop around Bathurst ... night lighting is excellent.

Feels a little heavy, but I've never flown anything like this aircraft so I have no idea how it should feel.  Uploading a video know, not a review just virgin test flight.

Cheers, Rob.

I would strongly recommend Gary Jones' Continental soundset as  replacement for these sounds.    Again, its a sounds fail by Carenado.  The rest of the aircraft is great.

Hi ErichB

Any chance that you could point me in the right direction on how to get and install this soundset?

Many thanks

John

Hi ErichB

Any chance that you could point me in the right direction on how to get and install this soundset?

Many thanks

John

http://robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page4.html

Scroll down until you get to the Cessna 310Q Continental sounds.  You will download the C310Q but fish the sound folder out and drop it into the C404. MUCH more thoaty, as they should sound.

No DME? That does suck. Anyway to add it easily?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Test flight:

Cheers, Rob.

It's there on the 430 cockpit.  Not really needed so much with the 750.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Actually you need it more with a 750. Navigating via GPS is great but if you're just tuning a VOR or flying in VLOC it's at least convenient to have one. Certainly you can DTO a VOR to get distance or find it in a NRST page, but if you're on a GPS flight plan you can't DTO a VOR without losing your entire FP (afaik). Strangely enough the newer, more sophisticated GTN doesn't have VOR ID/DME/radial readout like the old GNS 530W had. A step back for Garmin.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually you need it more with a 750. Navigating via GPS is great but if you're just tuning a VOR or flying in VLOC it's at least convenient to have one. Certainly you can DTO a VOR to get distance or find it in a NRST page, but if you're on a GPS flight plan you can't DTO a VOR without losing your entire FP (afaik). Strangely enough the newer, more sophisticated GTN doesn't have VOR ID/DME/radial readout like the old GNS 530W had. A step back for Garmin.

I haven't looked at that with the 750.  I noticed that they got rid of the DME but kept the transponder.  Odd choice.  Seems like they could put the DME where the transponder is.  Still, seems like a really well done airplane (though, I still haven't heard what doesn't work nor seen someone run through the checklist...I'll reserve my judgement until I see that.)

Test flight:

Nice video...liked the landing!

My quick review

Nice review!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Ryan, if you click the 750 screen and whilst in pan mode click on any waypoint , airport, obst, intersection you get info on BRG, DIS, ELEV and ETA.

bob

My quick review

Nice, quick review.  It does look like there is way more rudder effectiveness than what you would find on a real 404, but that could be tuned with the aircraft cfg file.  The floating issue is another matter, that might take some reworking of the flight model.  All in all, it looks nice and I can say that the visuals are nicer than the Flysimware stuff.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice vids guys!

Funny, I spent so much time concentrating on keeping the MP insync I never even noticed the difference in the needles. :P

Still really enjoying this plane, though does anyone else feel the brakes are a bit under powered? I did read in several places where they (the brakes), were described as "pretty bad" in the real aircraft, and yet the landing roll out in the specs is supposed to be around 1100 feet. I have been doing very lightly loaded flights with what appears to be approaches on the numbers (91kts app, around 80 or so on touch down), and this bad boy doesn't seem to like to stop for me even when I am hard on the brakes.

The "float" on landing is really noticeable, but was never mentioned in any of the stuff I read from real life pilots of these things - but it sure feels like a whole lot of "ground effect" for a bigger twin, but then again, as I mentioned, I have always been really lightly loaded, so maybe that contributes to it.

I have had more weird little GTN750 oddities with this integration than in any of my other planes (things like the "Home" button getting shown as the "Direct To" sometimes), but I imagine that's all back on Flight1, and again, the AP pitch control is a tad whacky (works better in the 2D panel though).

But here's hoping that just a little tweaking will be forthcoming from Alabeo in a service pack, as this time, it feels like they have gotten really close to releasing a very complete aircraft...

As a hard critic of Carenado's recent releases ......... I bought this C404 from their Alabeo stable, and I love it! ......... it capitalizes on everything that Carenado/Alabeo are good at, in my opinion.

And with RXP and GTN compatibility, for $34.95 (£23 quid in my money), it's far far better value than any recent Carenado release.

Best Alabeo release to date.

• Upvote 2

Hi Ryan, if you click the 750 screen and whilst in pan mode click on any waypoint , airport, obst, intersection you get info on BRG, DIS, ELEV and ETA.

bob

Ya I know - DME would just be handy - oh well who am I to say I don't even have the plane yet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |