Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

Guest JetFueler

I've put the Oovee Barron sounds in my 404 with the gear and flaps swapped back.  I know the engines aren't a match but to my ear they sound much, much closer to the real deal and Oovee sounds are really high quality.  SkySong has a C421 set which would be a much closer match (same engines and both with geared props) but the preview video available doesn't really convince me since it only shows a couple fly bys and some interior cruise samples.  Hopefully someone produces a better sound pack but the Oovee set fills the gap nicely for now.

Great video!

Has anyone seen an HSI like this in real life?   (Taller,  rather than square?)

Carenado had a similar HSI in the Baron, and I did not like it there either..

Bert

Ya...I thought I would give this a try but seems the web site is not working or at least for you and I....LOL Never bought one of their products but it seem like they are just Carenado Ver 2.0. No skill, No talent, and no forum and most likely they are using one of those "Make you own Web Site for $1.95 per month" deals.

Well when you are wrong then you are wrong! This morning I read a couple of glowing reviews here about this aircraft and decided to give it a go. I must say even with a few warts, this is really a nice and fun to fly airplane and I do owe a public "I am sorry" to the developers. I have to say that this release is way above any thing that I have seen from Carenado or Alaebo in the past. I think that with a SP or two this could be one of the better Twins around. It is a delight to hand fly and sure does not have that flying on a rail feel to it. Alaebo has taken a big step forward with this offering and once again with hat in hand I say "I am sorry".

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

The Carenado side of the operation has overpromised and under delivered big time recently (IMHO), and a certain degree of consumer skepticism is always a good stance to take, so it is really nice to see an aircraft that is much more back in their (Carenado/Alabeo), "wheelhouse" as it were, that is also starting to show the incorporation of some subtle immersion features and leveraging 3rd party offerings in the avionics area - they still have quite a ways to go to come up to players like RealAir, but I applauded this effort and am happy to support it with my purchase dollars.

Still really hoping there is a "put a bow on it" patch in the offing, and I would really love to see a cargo version, as I like simulating "cargo dog" operations...

We have a Cape Air that flies over 6 times per day, and this is the closest aircraft to it to replicate those flights. I am not sure if the Cape Air flies 414's? This would be very good for that. 

We have a Cape Air that flies over 6 times per day, and this is the closest aircraft to it to replicate those flights. I am not sure if the Cape Air flies 414's? This would be very good for that.

I think they fly 402s.

Well when you are wrong then you are wrong! This morning I read a couple of glowing reviews here about this aircraft and decided to give it a go. I must say even with a few warts, this is really a nice and fun to fly airplane and I do owe a public "I am sorry" to the developers. I have to say that this release is way above any thing that I have seen from Carenado or Alaebo in the past. I think that with a SP or two this could be one of the better Twins around. It is a delight to hand fly and sure does not have that flying on a rail feel to it. Alaebo has taken a big step forward with this offering and once again with hat in hand I say "I am sorry".

This plane is a major step up and forward. It reminds me a lot of the Cessna 421C for fs2002 by flight1. It was a great plane and I think after a service pack the 404 will take its place in my heart as my favorite twin in FS

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Loving this beauty...last time I had something really decent to fly from "Alanado" was the 337 Skymaster...and this is a big step up from that... well done Alabeo, just need a service pack and you have a true classic on your hands! :)

Rgds, Shaun

Test flight:

Cheers, Rob.

HI Rob.  Love the video bud.  Awesome.

Just a quick question re P3D.  I noticed in your video that you may not be using EZDOK for additional effects, DHM etc.  I could be wrong but everything looked silky smooth on landing, in other words I didn't get the immersion if you know what I mean.

I am thinking of moving over to P3D soon but I love my EZDOK in FSX and wanted to see if there was any limitations to using it in P3D with TrackIR.

Anyways, that was a bit off topic but I will say that I too am loving the 404.  Alabeo have done well.

Cheers.

Hirdy.

Hi Hirdy,

I don't use EzDok but as I understand it there is a version that works with P3D V2.x just be careful as I think it likes to change Clipmode settings in aircraft.cfg to a value that causes flickers in P3D.  Best to check with the EzDok folks using it in P3D.  I was waiting for an "official" version 2.0 for EzDok but it sounds like that might not happen now.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Hirdy,

I don't use EzDok but as I understand it there is a version that works with P3D V2.x just be careful as I think it likes to change Clipmode settings in aircraft.cfg to a value that causes flickers in P3D.  Best to check with the EzDok folks using it in P3D.  I was waiting for an "official" version 2.0 for EzDok but it sounds like that might not happen now.

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers mate.

Hirdy.

HI Rob.  Love the video bud.  Awesome.

Just a quick question re P3D.  I noticed in your video that you may not be using EZDOK for additional effects, DHM etc.  I could be wrong but everything looked silky smooth on landing, in other words I didn't get the immersion if you know what I mean.

I am thinking of moving over to P3D soon but I love my EZDOK in FSX and wanted to see if there was any limitations to using it in P3D with TrackIR.

Anyways, that was a bit off topic but I will say that I too am loving the 404.  Alabeo have done well.

Cheers.

Hirdy.

I recently began the migration from FSX:SE to P3D, and have been using Ezdok/Track IR with relatively few issues. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head. Using the latest beta version, 1.8 I think, of Ezdok and it works flawlessly. In my opinion the only thing to question if your considering making the switch is what aircraft you like to fly, and it's developers force you to purchase another "version" of those products. This is the case with the GTN750 from F1, as well as all PMDG aircraft. Other than that, if your PC is up to the task, make the switch. You will be happy you did.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I recently began the migration from FSX:SE to P3D, and have been using Ezdok/Track IR with relatively few issues. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head. Using the latest beta version, 1.8 I think, of Ezdok and it works flawlessly. In my opinion the only thing to question if your considering making the switch is what aircraft you like to fly, and it's developers force you to purchase another "version" of those products. This is the case with the GTN750 from F1, as well as all PMDG aircraft. Other than that, if your PC is up to the task, make the switch. You will be happy you did.

Thanks for that.

Looks like the GTN750 will need to be purchased with the P3D licence.  Everything else looks good to go.  I can leave my PMDG aircraft for the time being.  More interested in the twins, ORBX everything plus all my payware airports etc etc etc.

Hirdy

Hi folks,

did a couple of flights with the 404. Gotta say it is great. Good smooth frames here (GTX 980 SLI) and the GTN is working perfect with the 404. The sound is kinda Mustang V8  1968 like but its ok. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I've got 2 hours in and no complaints. Great addition to the hanger. Running REX Essentials + OD, REX Soft Clouds, Orbx FTX scenery... LOOKS AMAZING!

I like how it handles, the textures are amazing. The sunset in the window I spectacular.

Worth it!

Kevin