Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

It is a nice looking airplane, but one thing I really dislike about it, is the location of the autopilot.

Yes, the real plane probably is exactly like this, but in the real airplane, you can put your hand on the autopilot and operate it by feel..  Here,  I have to take my eyes off the action to go looking for the autopilot, which is down by the floor, to my side..

I'd rather fly an airplane where I can see what I am doing..  :(

Bert

I must be one of the rare few that cannot purchase this plane. When I go through the purchase process I get as far as a message saying "Connecting to Transbank secure server". Everything stops there and goes no further.

I contacted Alebeo and after a couple of days they replied that Transbank has fixed the problem and that it should work for me now. Wrong! Still can't complete the purchase. I always select the credit card option as I don't want to use PayPal if I don't have to. Will that become necessary? Has everyone who purchased it used PayPal and not used a credit card. Thanks.

Jim

It is a nice looking airplane, but one thing I really dislike about it, is the location of the autopilot.

Yes, the real plane probably is exactly like this, but in the real airplane, you can put your hand on the autopilot and operate it by feel..  Here,  I have to take my eyes off the action to go looking for the autopilot, which is down by the floor, to my side..

I'd rather fly an airplane where I can see what I am doing..  :(

Hey Bert - in this particular case, the 2D pop up for the AP works better than the one in the VC (for the moment anyway, in regards to pitch setting), and is a nicely compact display (but I admit, I run a 2 screen FSX setup so I just drag it out of the way entirely) - but of course with your talents,  it could look like anything you wanted it to and have more features to boot  :P

...actually, I bet you could probably just relocate the VC control pretty easily up onto the dash, as again, it's a quite small set of AP buttons...

I must be one of the rare few that cannot purchase this plane. When I go through the purchase process I get as far as a message saying "Connecting to Transbank secure server". Everything stops there and goes no further.I contacted Alebeo and after a couple of days they replied that Transbank has fixed the problem and that it should work for me now. Wrong! Still can't complete the purchase. I always select the credit card option as I don't want to use PayPal if I don't have to. Will that become necessary? Has everyone who purchased it used PayPal and not used a credit card. Thanks.Jim

Yeah webpay not available for me either for days no way to buy it makes the decision easier, having no other option can't be good business.

Support appears to be non-existent. I wanted to operate the aircraft with the RXP 430 in lieu of the GTN 750 (I own both). However, the Alabeo supplied RXP430.exe doesn't work properly. I submitted a ticket on their support page with nil response. 

Support appears to be non-existent. I wanted to operate the aircraft with the RXP 430 in lieu of the GTN 750 (I own both). However, the Alabeo supplied RXP430.exe doesn't work properly. I submitted a ticket on their support page with nil response.

Seems like you could manually hack the cfg file.  I imagine that the dimensions and position for the 430 would be in there somewhere...might even be a commented entry.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So is it steam gauged if you don´t want to add the modern stuff sold separately?

Glad I'm not the only one that has an issue with the low speed steering sensitivity and left/right brake ... think I need to dial this out a little.

With that said, I really enjoy this aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Seems like you could manually hack the cfg file.  I imagine that the dimensions and position for the 430 would be in there somewhere...might even be a commented entry.

I tried that,, multiple times. Something this simple should not be such a big deal. Somehow, I'll find the courage to continue on without this aircraft.

There is a problem with the RXP model that prevents the 430 from showing..  I'm hoping that Alabeo will come out with a fix..

Bert

Alabeo tells me that the problem with credit card purchase is intermittent and I should use paypal, An online check tells me that webpay.transbank.cl is "down for everyone"

I have tried at least four times a day for the last three days with the same result, intermittent ?

I like many others, don't use paypal for security and other reasons, will Alabeo only be available through paypal ?

I just went through the credit card process yesterday without any problems at all? Just finished the download about 5 min ago. Any chance you have a firewall or an over zealous anti-malware program interfering with the process? Are you running any script blocker plug-ins with your internet browser? Have you tried using another browser?

BTW downforeveryoneorjustme.com tells me that webpay.transbank.cl is down as well. I think it's because downforeveryoneorjustme.com tries to make "http://webpay.transbank.cl" out of the URL but it's a secure site so it should be https://webpay.transbank.cl. I do get a response from the latter address but it isn't meant to be accessed directly from a browser so it tells me "the authenticity of the received data could not be verified" and blocks access. I'd consider that normal, It appears the site is up though.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Jim

don't use paypal for security and other reasons

FYI, PayPal is actually very secure, more so than many other vendors I've seen used by various 3rd party content providers web sites.  PayPal is a huge company with a very large security team/group in place ... some of these other processors certainly aren't in the same "size" market as PayPal.

I say this because I've worked on PADS/PCI security with my company as we're required to have quarterly scans in order to be able to provide CC processing.  You may have other reasons for not using PayPal, but on the security side they are definitely at the top of the food chain.

Cheers, Rob.