Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

V1.1 is out. Has anyone tested the RXP option?

Still does not work - on my system..

Bert

These are my observations thus far with v1.1

-The Cabin Vent Fan switch near the landing gear lever has a click spot but it doesn't move
-ADF tuning is a bit cumbersome (it would be ideal to use the knobs as all other addons have done)
-RXP integration is still faulty (shows a blank Carenado unit)
- No DME in the GTN750 integration.
-VC autopilot Pitch control still doesn't work correctly

-VC night lighting makes it difficult to read the HSI to know if you are on the proper glideslope path

Carenado/Alabeo really needs to have a better beta testing process......it's a little sloppy from a business point of view to have some of these things slide into a final release product.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

These are my observations thus far with v1.1

-The Cabin Vent Fan switch near the landing gear lever has a click spot but it doesn't move

-ADF tuning is a bit cumbersome (it would be ideal to use the knobs as all other addons have done)

-RXP integration is still faulty (shows a blank Carenado unit)

- No DME in the GTN750 integration.

-VC autopilot Pitch control still doesn't work correctly

-VC night lighting makes it difficult to read the HSI to know if you are on the proper glideslope path

Carenado/Alabeo really needs to have a better beta testing process......it's a little sloppy from a business point of view to have some of these things slide into a final release product.

Bummer.  Sounds like things have not really changed with Carenado /  Alabeo.  Great 3D models, but fall short on getting the important stuff to work correctly.   ~Sigh~ :(

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Got it from carenado credit card, no problems

Go figure ?

Whatever works I guess! Have a great flight! :smile:

Yea, well once again, it's a great set of flying textures with pretend buttons, interfaces that just don't work. I can not believe I fell for their junk again. I am so stupid! :fool: I would like to ask that AVSIM add Carenado/Alaebo to the Wall of Shame. They have been ripping us all off for years now. They just simply do not have the know how to model aircraft for our hobby. I would rate them as a low "C" as a freeware developer for FS 9 and as a no grade for FSX and PrePar3D. Do not buy from them!! God I hope I have finally learned the lesson. We are only enforcing bad behavior.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yea, well once again, it's a great set of flying textures with pretend buttons, interfaces that just don't work. I can not believe I fell for their junk again. I am so stupid! :fool: I would like to ask that AVSIM add Carenado/Alaebo to the Wall of Shame. They have been ripping us all off for years now. They just simply do not have the know how to model aircraft for our hobby. I would rate them as a low "C" as a freeware developer for FS 9 and as a no grade for FSX and PrePar3D. Do not buy from them!! God I hope I have finally learned the lesson. We are only enforcing bad behavior.

Welcome to the Ex-Carenado/Alabeo user club. My last product was the Hawker, and as nice as this plane looks, ill take a pass on it. I cannot see spending my money on these products. Especially since it is becoming painfully obvious that they are just interested in cranking out revenue as fast as they can.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I fully support Carenado................on the X-Plane side. I really do enjoy FSX with Orbx, RealAir & A2A, but the systems and flight dynamics of Carenado/Alabeo are re-worked by someone who is very familiar with the X-Plane way of doing things, as well as improving on a few of X-Plane flight dynamic misses.  Since the graphic side of Carenado, is what I most appreciate about them (it's like true works of art) , I'll continue to buy...........when available for XP. 

I fully support Carenado................on the X-Plane side. I really do enjoy FSX with Orbx, RealAir & A2A, but the systems and flight dynamics of Carenado/Alabeo are re-worked by someone who is very familiar with the X-Plane way of doing things, as well as improving on a few of X-Plane flight dynamic misses.  Since the graphic side of Carenado, is what I most appreciate about them (it's like true works of art) , I'll continue to buy...........when available for XP. 

Understood....I don't do X-plane and if their stuff works there then fine. If they advertised as works good in X-Plane and sort of works in FSX or PrePar3D sometimes...maybe....then OK. That is not how they do business. A lie is a lie and if it don't say that it sort of works in FSX or PrePar3D if Bert will fix all our screw ups then they are telling a lie. We as a community have spent way to many years covering up their scams. Enough is enough....time to pay the Devil his due.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I think the FDE is excellent, it sets up on an approach like it's on rails, it's easy to level off and maintain a prescribed altitude manually. It feels like the 8500 lb airplane it is. What is it that you don't like about the FDE?

I can't bring myself to care much about the cabin vent fan switch that doesn't work. :smile:

Still does not work - on my system..

Hello Bert,

How I can get the update to v1.1 ?...On the 30th of May, I have bought the 404 through Alabeo website and when I check their update link, I don't see the 404. Must I re-upload the full  product or there is another way ?...

Best regards

Jean-Pierre

The V1.1 set of "fixes" has fallen pretty short and this is truly disappointing, when if they had been done thoroughly it could have resulted (IMHO), in bringing this bird up to a truly smashing level of success. Still, while my expectations for Alabeo/Carenado are extremely low these days, the overall enjoyment of the plane remains, as it fills a niche for me (heavy, piston, twin), which I was looking for, seems to fly representatively of its type, and the ability to use my GTN750 with it rounds out things nicely.

So, while this plane (for me), is way more satisfying than the "half baked" business jets that Carenado have been pushing out there (and yes, they caught me with the Citation), this plane really could have been a much bigger win for "Alaneado" if they would just step up their game - but as others have pointed out, it appears that they have found that they really don't need to...

I think the FDE is excellent, it sets up on an approach like it's on rails, it's easy to level off and maintain a prescribed altitude manually. It feels like the 8500 lb airplane it is. What is it that you don't like about the FDE?

I can't bring myself to care much about the cabin vent fan switch that doesn't work. :smile:

Jim...I pretty much agree with your comment. It is exactly those things that make my head want to explode. It is a nice flying aircraft and I like many things about it. It just really bothers me that after all these years they refuse to take the time to beta test. With just a bit of a professional approach this aircraft could be a classic. Now with a patch out that does not seem to fix anything, I can not help but wonder if they are just guessing I can over look the fan button does not work but come on...the GTN problem and the auto pilot.

Sam

Hello Bert,

How I can get the update to v1.1 ?...On the 30th of May, I have bought the 404 through Alabeo website and when I check their update link, I don't see the 404. Must I re-upload the full  product or there is another way ?...

Best regards

Jean-Pierre

I did a re-load of the full product..

Bert