Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Alabeo C404 Titan: Anybody take a chance on it yet?

Ok, I think its a cool plane, but it's kinda slow. 75% power, about the same speed as a standard Baron.

I checked out the Real Engine 1.4 mod, and that looks really cool.. I'll be adding that to allot of AC.. But this plane seems to be able to fly WOT and never gets hot, so the engine specs are no good.

Surprisingly little info out on the web for this bird.

I bought it and took a couple of flights.  Thoughts:

• Flies nice but like an airliner....very heavy controls with a slow roll rate. 
  • Sounds are excellent. 
  • The CHT must be borked...no way it's supposed to be that low.
  • Is the fuel flow also borked?  Precious little info on flying the plane but on the fuel flow gauge there are markers for climb and I can't get my fuel flow up that high.
  • All the switches are there and move, though, some don't do anything more than move.
  • The shaking at shutdown *is* more than a bit much.  Seems like most of the switches work. 

I don't see hardly *any* information on flying it other than the checklist which is light.  No real climb settings guidance.  Anybody have any info?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I bought it and took a couple of flights.  Thoughts:

• Flies nice but like an airliner....very heavy controls with a slow roll rate. 
  • Sounds are excellent. 
  • The CHT must be borked...no way it's supposed to be that low.
  • Is the fuel flow also borked?  Precious little info on flying the plane but on the fuel flow gauge there are markers for climb and I can't get my fuel flow up that high.
  • All the switches are there and move, though, some don't do anything more than move.
  • The shaking at shutdown *is* more than a bit much.  Seems like most of the switches work. 
I don't see hardly *any* information on flying it other than the checklist which is light.  No real climb settings guidance.  Anybody have any info?

Hi Gregg, there are some pdf files in the c404 folder, ie normal procedures and performance tables.

bob

just check the cyl temp. got up to 385deg f on the tarmac. fuel flow went up to 184pph (using p3d)

Hi Gregg, there are some pdf files in the c404 folder, ie normal procedures and performance tables.

bob

just check the cyl temp. got up to 385deg f on the tarmac. fuel flow went up to 184pph (using p3d)

Yeah, I was using the PDFs.  When I'm flying CHT is below the green arc.  I'll have to try a departure and climb to see FF again.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

CHT is broken/incorrect. Real Engine 1.4 mod shows a more realistic HT, but thats no help in the VC.

I parked it.. engine management is awful with faulty gauges.

Oh well.

Currently switched to the C195

God, this is so frustrating.  

Is there anyone on this forum clever enough to mod the engine management/behavior  to the correct responses/outputs as per the real world?    Is that possible?

I looked for the gauge... its in the gauge_PAC404.. but there its a gen6 multi gauge. I can't make heads or tails of that mess... but without working knowledge of the true temps, we'd be guessing anyway.

I looked for the gauge... its in the gauge_PAC404.. but there its a gen6 multi gauge. I can't make heads or tails of that mess... but without working knowledge of the true temps, we'd be guessing anyway.

There seems to be enough people here with actual knowledge of the real thing.

I'm working on learning to use this airplane for a Cape Air virtual airline. Thanks much for all of the tips and observations I've read in the last 10 pages. I'm looking forward to trying the autopilot/DME mod window. I was wondering if anyone has come across a Cape Air repaint for this aircraft?

A new Cape Air livery was just uploaded to the Avsim library this week, in fact!

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I've sent Jim Robinson a message on this but I thought I'd ask the group.

I read Jim's post where he added a rather clever bit of code to the Alaebo C404 panel.cfg file to replace the contents of one window with the default Bendix King autopilot and DME. Bravo! Finally, we have the ability to capture an altitude and hold it.

I just took a flight with the C404 in the area around Bradley Airport near Windsor Locks, CT. The DME functioned as it should. The Autopilot did fine with heading mode and tracked a GPS course with no problem. The ALT function functioned great. The only problem I had was when I tried the RNAV(GPS) RNY 33 approach into KBDL. I'm using the Flight1 GTN 750 for navigation with the NAV Source Selector on GPS. With the approach loaded and activated, I used the NAV autopilot function to track direct HADUX. When I was inbound direct HADUX, I changed to APR on the autopilot. The glide slop indicators appeared on each side of the HSI with full deflection to the top. As they dropped down, I hoped the autopilot would capture the GS, but the C404 remained level. I noticed that the NAV Source Selector had an ARM on the GPS switch so I tried that but no effect. I used the VSI to defend and complete the approach.

I haven't tried an ILS yet so I don't know if will track that GS or not. Have any of you had any success with vertical guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Lantz

A new Cape Air livery was just uploaded to the Avsim library this week, in fact!

Great! I'm off to find it!

How do these ppl stay in business selling products that don't work and don't support the addons they advertise as supported?

Almost just brought a Titan, until I remembered, with Carenado/Alebeo always check them out.  

:( - really like the 'idea' of this aircraft.

Just thought I'd comment that I've been flying the Alabeo C404 Titan for quite a while now and I think it is one of my favorite aircraft. A study sim, it is not. But it does fly well, works very well with the GTN 750, and I find that all autopilot and related navigation functions work just great. It is not without complaints. Engine oil temps rarely climb into the green arc (no cowl flaps) and in my present sim (P3Dv3), CG always appears out of limits toward the aircraft nose. It is a good fit for my VAL (BVARTCC Cape Air). I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions.