Sign in to follow this  
over2departure

FEELTHERE ERJ 145 V2

Don't buy it. I picked it up a few months ago and uninstalled it soon after. My PC is modest, but I can usually get at least 15 FPS at most airports even with the most complex of addons. The ERJ plunged my FPS down into the single digits at large airports, and would barely give me 20 at smaller ones where I can usually get a solid 30 at least. Also, the external model looks 'off', and the systems depth is what you would expect of a FeelThere addon- better than default but nowhere near PMDG/Aerosoft/Majestic quality.

Was thinking about picking up this bird while it's on sale. I see it hasn't been reviewed in a few years and was wondering if anyone has any comments/criticisms? Note: I am aware Aerosoft is making a CRJ. 

https://secure.simmarket.com/feelthere-embraer-regional-jets.phtml#reviews

Best Regards

I do a full flight and talk about the aircraft and it's performance here.    I don't know why people say they have horrible performance with it.  I was getting a good 40 FPS out of FS Dreamteam's KDFW which is a major airport that can murder people's PCs.    This is flown in P3D with the ERJ installed via the Migration Tool from Estonia.   Enjoy.   I like it quite a bit for a light to mid level of detail airplane.   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This was one of my first payware  adds.  Four years later and I still fly it and runs well on my mid level system.

Dwight Heyer

I still fly it and it gets great fps here, getting a bit dated now but still a nice addon.

I get very good fps on my system. It's complex enough you need to spend some time reading the manual, especially if you start cold and dark. Some people don't like the night lighting on the panel, and the exterior strobe lights seem to flash at too high a frequency. If you use the "ready to start" configuration, it empties the left fuel tank which causes the APU to shut off. Not a big deal, just fill the tank and restart the APU.

The flight model seems to be correct and the autopilot works as it should. There's no autothrottle, just as on the real aircraft. I still fly this one quite often on short to medium flights.

Dale

My first payware add-on and by far the best regional jet available (until the Aerosoft CRJ is released).  Fully functional FMC, good systems depth, and great performance. If you are into regional jets then, in my opinion, this is a must have.

Just to be clear, the actual developer of the aircraft is Feelthere, but it is distributed through Wilco, among others.

My first payware add-on and by far the best regional jet available.

Fully functional FMC, good systems depth, and great performance. If you are into regional jets then, in my opinion, this is a must have.

Agree. Although their audio checklists (Call ??) are a joke.

FeelThere Ejets version 2 (the 175 and 195) are also great small jets.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

It's not a bad addon at the sale price, has decent depth of systems programming and is enjoyable to fly. If you want a regional jet it's worth considering given FSX doesn't have many choices in this category.

On the negative side this feels like a warmed-over FS9 model. The standby instrument and radios display is distorted and the night lighting in FSX is poor (in FS9 my understanding is that the night lighting is OK). The dev never provided a useable paint kit so there's not a ton of paints available for FSX (there are many repaints for FS9 that might work in FSX but I haven't tried them).

If you get it, you may want to search online for the real world operations manuals. The included docs are OK but for some reason not all of the modeled features are documented (this is stated clearly in the supplied manual). The docs do include a couple of tutorial flights which are very helpful.

Barry Friedman

There are some very good tutorials and documentation in the avsim library for this add-on

I really liked it myself...good on frames but I had a weird issue with it. After landing the throttle would be stuck at idle and the only way I could move them was with my joystick assignment. Once out of idle I could use the keyboard but if I went back to idle they would get stuck again. Tried everything to fix it but ended up unistalling.

I do a full flight and talk about the aircraft and it's performance here.    I don't know why people say they have horrible performance with it.  I was getting a good 40 FPS out of FS Dreamteam's KDFW which is a major airport that can murder people's PCs.    This is flown in P3D with the ERJ installed via the Migration Tool from Estonia.   Enjoy.   I like it quite a bit for a light to mid level of detail airplane.   

Excellent video, Brian,  long overdue for this fine plane.

Dirk.

I am flying these and the 175/195s almost exclusively. They are recommended.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"