Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

Thank you Nicholas, and happy new year to you.

Happy New Year to you Peter. One extra thing I forgot to mention in the update. If you are parked on the apron and don't need pushback but still need the ground staff. Click the grey button immediately to the left of the two blue lights on the ignition panel instead of opening the pushback panel. This will turn off the nose panel light and then the marshall will give his all clear signal as usual.

Hopefully the new PO will find where you are "eventually" lol.

I have been an admirer of DM for many, many years. The VC and Super I had traveled on for many years are well represented by David and the updates that have followed. FSX is not an issue (for me) and I have the same fun as with FS9. Looking forward to the update! Thank you.

Me too..His AC and panels are excellent..far better than some payware..I've used these in FSX..without too many glitches..not noticeable ones anyway..In FS9..Brilliant. Yep..can't wait for the update. 

ZA 

Me too..His AC and panels are excellent..far better than some payware..I've used these in FSX..without too many glitches..not noticeable ones anyway..In FS9..Brilliant. Yep..can't wait for the update. 

ZA 

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=super+vc10&CatID=root&Go=Search

Super VC10 Panel Upgrade 1 to 8

Hello Vololiberista

Well, checked the link, did the download and installed it (eventually) I'd like to pass on my sincere thanks to you for an awesome piece of work. I've just been reading through the thread here and it's amazing the amount of time and effort put into this. Had a quick look at the video too. (I need to read the manual)  :blink: 

I do have a couple of queries and between the discussion about scones and jam..I didn't notice this issue. When I went to load the AC..it took a very long time and I got a message stating that FS9 wouldn't run the atn.gau which I think came in folder 7 or 8. Not a criticism, just a query. On my panel, the Push-back icon has a red line through it..however, after looking at your video I suspect that might be because I 'loaded'  the SVC  already running (another reason to read the manual) 

As for the repaints, agreed, they need an update, apparently though, they're not easy. I've done some MAAM DC-3 AC and a DC-4 (here on AVSIM) not sure 'bout these though  :Worried:

Thanks and Best Wishes

ZA (Ralph) 

Hello Vololiberista

Well, checked the link, did the download and installed it (eventually) I'd like to pass on my sincere thanks to you for an awesome piece of work. I've just been reading through the thread here and it's amazing the amount of time and effort put into this. Had a quick look at the video too. (I need to read the manual)  :blink:

I do have a couple of queries and between the discussion about scones and jam..I didn't notice this issue. When I went to load the AC..it took a very long time and I got a message stating that FS9 wouldn't run the atn.gau which I think came in folder 7 or 8. Not a criticism, just a query. On my panel, the Push-back icon has a red line through it..however, after looking at your video I suspect that might be because I 'loaded'  the SVC  already running (another reason to read the manual) 

As for the repaints, agreed, they need an update, apparently though, they're not easy. I've done some MAAM DC-3 AC and a DC-4 (here on AVSIM) not sure 'bout these though  :Worried:

Thanks and Best Wishes

ZA (Ralph) 

Post #130 further back in this thread should help you with the atn.gau. Generally the icon will have a linr through it because you haven't "called" the ground staff with the left blue button on the ignition panel. That call is cancelled by clicking the right blue button. Also there is another feature. If you press the small grey button to the left that will close the nose access panel and then yo look outside for the marshall. In other words you use that if you are parked on the apron and don't need pushback. I have modified the boarding sound so will release that soon with another couple of tweaks.

Unfortunately I'm not into modelling otherwise I might have attempted redoing the model. As it is very much in need of a new model to go with P3D for example.

Thanks for your prompt reply..I'll have a look later on..Looking forward to it. As I type..I'm javing the manual printed!  :smile:

Thanks

ZA 

Hi Me again...

I'm running W7 32 bit...I found the .dll as advised in post 130 as you suggested. (I didn't have this it in my system..I did a download as advised in another link) This seems to deal with W7 64..I'm W7 32 ...So I don't have SysWOW64. 

Sorry to be a pain. It's for the push-back as I understand it. So would be good to have it.

Thanks

ZA 

Assuming that you have downloaded updates from 1 to 8 you should have the atn.gau in the gauges directory. If you are using FS9 there should be no problem. I think the fix previously described works for FSX. But as I don't have FSX I can't myself test it. It's a pity as it's a nice gauge. As for the version of windows as long as it's not win10 lol.

Nope..Not  W 10... :wink:  I have both FS9 and FSX...I'm using the SVC in FS9. I did install it (the atn.dll) as prescribed in the 'Read Me' (either file 7 or 8 can't remember) As said, it rejected it and took ages to load:

737959pic.jpg

Apologies..Image is a little too large. Thought I'd post it ..A picture better describes the problem. Hope it helps and thanks for your time.  :smile:

ZA

I checked..That is the problem, when it is there..I get the message previously shown

197239Untitled.jpg

This is my FS9 Gauges directory at present...

It does run without it..minus some of the good things you've put in there...

Thanks

ZA 

Don't know if this will work, but right click the atn.gau file and it should say "this file came from another computer and may be blocked".....press the unblock button.

Also, have you set your anti-virus to ignore the entire FS9 folder ? It is a good idea to do so.

Peter Schluter

Hello Peter...

Thanks for your thoughts. It was 'blocked' so sorted that out..I then set McAfee to ignore FS9 (Didn't know how to do it so I Googled it) I'm still getting the same message. Very odd. I've loaded it with all the required W7 admin criteria (as I did with all of this download.

So, no joy

Thanks

ZA