Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

The only thing i would suggest then is to redownload the files, in case ther was a problem with the download, change the files to "unblock", and then copy them to the folders.

I am using win7 64 bit and dont have the problem (even with the file "blocked".

What setting do you have your UAC setting to in windows7 ?  I have mine turned down to lowest setting.

ps.  also start FS9.1 by right clicking and select "run as administrator"

Peter Schluter

OK, thanks..I have the UAC quite high..so I'll reduce it,. I do run it as Administrator.

Another download for those files ( 7&8 I think) is not a bad idea. 

Just my look this..if there's the remotest glitch out there..My PC will find it! 

Thanks for your time. Appreciated. 

ZA 

Hopefully Nicholas can suggest something. I am running win7 64 bit and it works fine here.

ps Nicholas....got the shock of my life with forward right view...where did she come from ?

Peter Schluter

Hopefully Nicholas can suggest something. I am running win7 64 bit and it works fine here.

ps Nicholas....got the shock of my life with forward right view...where did she come from ?

As I am running xp I have had no problems so unfortunately I am of no help. Sorry.

As for your where the PO came from it's difficult to tell. She doesn't seem too sure herself lol.

Currently I am over in the UK having attended a snow clearing seminar at the CAA. LIMZ holds the record of 27 Minutes! Later today I'm going over to Brooklands to take some more photos so that I can work on the electrical and hydraulic panels.

• Upvote 1

Guys,

There is a small update in the pipeline correcting a few minor ailments and improving ambient sounds. It will also contain an "Easter egg." One that I have never ever seen on any model in any of the sims. Preliminary tests show it to be rather effective :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: . Stay tuned and the update should be no more than a week off.

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for the latest update.

I have a small question with regard to the tutorial flight LIPZ - LOWI. Can you link the charts you used for your tutorial flight scenario? I want to create the waypoints in FSNav and Plan G and the Italian chart I found on the internet diverges somewhat from your description.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for the latest update.

I have a small question with regard to the tutorial flight LIPZ - LOWI. Can you link the charts you used for your tutorial flight scenario? I want to create the waypoints in FSNav and Plan G and the Italian chart I found on the internet diverges somewhat from your description.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

You should be able to get them from Eurocontrol. You will have to sign up though it's free.

So I can't Iink them. I haven't updated them for about a year. Airac cycles often change the names of fixes though the fixes themselves don't change their position.

Finding your way around Eurocontrol is a bit pedantic. My login though doesn't just cover charts!!!

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

You should be able to get in from here. For Europe Eurocontrol is the best bet as all Authorities have to lodge updates to any of their charts. As an example if you log into NATS it goes to Eurocontrol to get your charts!!

A very important upgrade is just around the corner. As I am currently testing. It all works. It's just the numbers that need refining.

When MS released FS9 they made a bit of a booboo in that they hard coded the ignition point to around 22%n2. This may have been ok for one or two types of engine and default a/c. But it has never been quite correct for the RR conway engines. They corrected their mistake in FSX but it remains in FS9.

However, all is not lost. With the help of one of the Gods at FSDeveloper.com all the engines now light-up exactly as they do in real life.rate2.jpg.9afe4a663a2748bf217bb4b58e3beffe.jpg

This is a profile of the EGT needle for engine 2 at ISA. And  here   you can see a short video as a test run.

• Upvote 1

It's looking good :gaul: I have made some adjustments to account for extreme temperatures and all the tests have been ok. (so far!). The graph profile above is much sharper and the needles move more smoothly. One of the engines though does seem to run a bit hot so you'll need to look out for that in case of a hot start. I have also added a fuel flow cut-off to prevent the engines from over-spooling in high ambient temperatures. This will allow you to advance the throttle to max on those occasions.

It should be up in the avsim library in the next couple of days or the weekend.