Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

Downloaded, thanks Nicholas. BTW are you finding the library slow to start a download since the website upgrade ?

Peter Schluter

50 minutes ago, pschlute said:

Downloaded, thanks Nicholas. BTW are you finding the library slow to start a download since the website upgrade ?

Hi Peter,

No actually it was super fast this time. The forums are slowing down to the traditionally avsim slow speed though.

Well, after being out of circulation for a number of weeks, I have caught up on the thread. I have now downloaded and installed updates 7, 8, 8.1 and 8.2.

I have loaded up the Super VC10 in FS9, but find the panel has a black background, bizarre gauges and illegible! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5a2c4bp22yuy9i/Super VC10 Panel.PNG?dl=0

I hope you are able to see this, as I have forgotton how to paste a photo into the thread!:(

Edited by sauviat
Can't see photo

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

51 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Well, after being out of circulation for a number of weeks, I have caught up on the thread. I have now downloaded and installed updates 7, 8, 8.1 and 8.2.

I have loaded up the Super VC10 in FS9, but find the panel has a black background, bizarre gauges and illegible! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5a2c4bp22yuy9i/Super VC10 Panel.PNG?dl=0

I hope you are able to see this, as I have forgotton how to paste a photo into the thread!:(

I've never seen that before! However the gauges appear in the correct order. Have you got main_NEW.bmp in \Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\Vickers SVC10 Panel? Have you set you sim to VC instead?

Nobody else has reported this. It's more likely to be a video card problem of some sort. As all the files work on my system and unless you have copied them to incorrect folders everything should be ok.

Edited by vololiberista

In the Vickers SVC Panel folder are main_NEW, main_New2 and the day and night masks, etc.

VC as in Virtual Cockpit, is not selected.

Checked each update, file by file, folder by folder. Each matches.

It is bizarre. Thanks

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

14 hours ago, sauviat said:

In the Vickers SVC Panel folder are main_NEW, main_New2 and the day and night masks, etc.

VC as in Virtual Cockpit, is not selected.

Checked each update, file by file, folder by folder. Each matches.

It is bizarre. Thanks

Roll it back to when it was working and then apply each update testing as you go. The fact that the gauges are showing in the correct order means that the panel is there but for some reason not showing. You might have a video card issue.

Edited by vololiberista

Hi, Um! Rolling back? How do I get back to before 7, 8 , 8.1 and 8.2? Each update overwrites what is there.

There was no issue prior to the updates, as I had just had a session, so at that point the video card was fine.

Martin Parr

Well your only option is to start with DM's base Super VC10 Model and then install  each upgrade starting with Super VC10 Panel Upgrade Part 1.zip following the instructions to the letter and checking the result until you get to Super VC10 Panel upgrade Part 8.2.zip which is the latest.

:bengong: Interesting to note that I made the same changes to this in FSX; the panel is showing as it should!

When I have the time I will spend it to systematically recommence it. It is likely that the two-folder set up is where the issue may lie, especially the DM_VC10, but I do not understand why the black back ground!

Thanks.

Martin Parr

56 minutes ago, sauviat said:

:bengong: Interesting to note that I made the same changes to this in FSX; the panel is showing as it should!

When I have the time I will spend it to systematically recommence it. It is likely that the two-folder set up is where the issue may lie, especially the DM_VC10, but I do not understand why the black back ground!

Thanks.

I would think that you might have misplaced some files.

I can use my network, when I have time, to open Windows Explorer on each to check and if necessary move them over.

Thanks for the assistance. I will come back once it has been rectified.

Martin Parr

Update: Reinstalled and all looking as it should be. One observation on push-back - it seems that it does not push-back on all occasions when the procedure is followed. With handbrake on, press 1 (listen to voices). Press 2 (voices) press 3 (hand break is off and set to Tug pushing back). However, the aircraft rolls forward!

On another occasion it works fine. Any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Martin Parr

7 hours ago, sauviat said:

Update: Reinstalled and all looking as it should be. One observation on push-back - it seems that it does not push-back on all occasions when the procedure is followed. With handbrake on, press 1 (listen to voices). Press 2 (voices) press 3 (hand break is off and set to Tug pushing back). However, the aircraft rolls forward!

On another occasion it works fine. Any ideas why this is?

Thanks

The aircraft loads with the handbrake on. It should remain still while the engines are spooling up. Only release the parking brake when told to do so. It has never rolled forward. Only once the ground crew have disconnected you will find that the aircraft will slowly roll forwards with the engines running.

The only thing that might make it happen is if you havenàt loaded the cfg files correctly as they have the fuel and payload preset.

Go into this folder Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Vickers Super VC10

Then this folder Vickers Super VC10
Then load this file in notepad aircraft.cfg

You should see these entries

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

station_load.0= 18525.000, 48.500, 0.000, -2.000
station_load.1= 12203.000, -38.500, 0.000, -2.000

[fuel]

Center1= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 5261.000, 0.000
Center2= 0, 0.000, 0.000, 1621.000, 0.000
LeftAux= 0.000, 20.000, 0.000, 8181.000, 600.000
RightAux= 0.000, -20.000, 0.000, 8181.000, 600.000
fuel_type=2.000000
number_of_tank_selectors=4
electric_pump=1

Remember that fuel can only be changed using the underwing uplift point.

Calculate payload using the spreadsheet and enter the changed values into FS9's fuel and payload pop-up. It is set by default for a full passanger load but short of fuel. i.e. Under the 10 tonnes minimum required for take-off.

I recalculated the weight and balance of the aircraft as it was wrong in the original model. I moved the CoG by 15 feet. So now you get the correct Tail Plane Incidence settings for every weight situation exactly as they are listed in the manual.

The aircraft.cfg is as you state.

I already use and manage the underwing uplift point. However, where is the "payload" spreadsheet?

Fuel Uplift Super.xls - Yep, it's in the Folder One Documentation! Onward and Upward or Fuel Up and Fly:)

Thanks

Edited by sauviat
Update

Martin Parr

Treated myself to spin this afternoon, to check it all out. Very satisfied and no hic-cups along the way. Thank You Nicholas

Martin Parr