Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

Your hard work is much appreciated!:happy:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

12 hours ago, sauviat said:

Your hard work is much appreciated!:happy:

Many thanks. I'm working on the electrical systems now. The word nightmare is an understatement!

The return/reward for all your hard work can only be counted in the number of persons that actually download the upgrades and then use them. Can this be calculated, apart from the Avsim library download numbers?  One would think it logical that the number that have downloaded Part 1 would also equate to how many can download Part 8.2, but or course it doesn't! None of the downloaded Parts are equal!

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

On 26/05/2017 at 8:54 AM, vololiberista said:

Many thanks. I'm working on the electrical systems now. The word nightmare is an understatement!

Don't electrocute yourself Nicholas !

Peter Schluter

31 minutes ago, pschlute said:

Don't electrocute yourself Nicholas !

:laugh: 115 volts is a bit tingly. I did discover a cat behind the FE's panel though!

On the night of the 19th August 1970, 5X-UVJ departed for Entebbe bound for Frankfurt. The flight engineer, Barry Megson, was undergoing “aircraft type conversion training” under the supervision chief flight engineer Paddy Murray. At about 3 O’clock in the morning the trainee flight engineer, was taken by surprise when he saw a cat walk out from behind his instrument panel. It proceeded to parade along the flight officers window sills, turned round and disappeared from whence it came. An in flight search failed to reveal the whereabouts of this feline stowaway, nor did a thorough search on the ground at Frankfurt. The aircraft flew on to London, where it was scheduled to remain for about 12 hours, and a further check was made - still without sign of the creature. The oncoming crew were being briefed by the EAA representative who intimated that the flight engineer must have fallen asleep and dreamt about the cat. Hardly had he spoken these words when the cats urine rained down upon him from the fuel jettison panel in the roof. It is not known how long the cat had been living in the aircraft but it is thought to have been about 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, sauviat said:

The return/reward for all your hard work can only be counted in the number of persons that actually download the upgrades and then use them. Can this be calculated, apart from the Avsim library download numbers?  One would think it logical that the number that have downloaded Part 1 would also equate to how many can download Part 8.2, but or course it doesn't! None of the downloaded Parts are equal!

That's true. I don't know whether that is an avsim library mistake or true. You need all of them in reality.

My flying of the Super VC10 was back to normal yesterday - Approaching Brize Norton and there was a bird strike:) Funny though, I've never tried to use the windscreen wiper to see if it would clean it off and just leave the cracks!

Martin Parr

3 hours ago, sauviat said:

My flying of the Super VC10 was back to normal yesterday - Approaching Brize Norton and there was a bird strike:) Funny though, I've never tried to use the windscreen wiper to see if it would clean it off and just leave the cracks!

I bet it took you by surprise! Windscreen wipers though canot be used because of the risk of delamination.

However, an actual bird strike is one over both FSW and P3D v4 lol.

Hi, yes it did take me by surprise:)

Martin Parr

Well, every flight that I now take I am plagued with bird strikes:(

Once there is a bird strike, is there a way to dispose of it and continue the landing seeing the runway?

Thanks

Martin Parr

26 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Well, every flight that I now take I am plagued with bird strikes:(

Once there is a bird strike, is there a way to dispose of it and continue the landing seeing the runway?

Thanks

You shouldn't have that many bird strikes lol. I set it to less than 0.131. I agree it is in reality not that common so I will add extra criteria for the next update. Unfortunately it is quite dangerous to lean out of the cockpit and try to wipe the windscreen at such a critical point in the flight. And the windscreen would most likely be damaged too.

• Upvote 1

It's cracked as well; shame there is no LH seat, but it is flying well now:)

Martin Parr

13 hours ago, sauviat said:

It's cracked as well; shame there is no LH seat, but it is flying well now:)

Well you can leave it on AP and select Flare. That'll get you down in the vicinity of the airport!

Ladies and Gents,

A brief update re progress. I am now working on the electrical panel. Any of you who have seen one know that it is the easiest thing since sliced bread, not. lol.

I have had a bit of a hiatus regarding the generator auto start during engine start-up. As even after removing the code it continued to do that. I have however, devised a work-around so that the generators can be controlled manually instead. The next step is to lay in the cable looms for the battery system and ground power attachment. After that conecting everything to the correct buses (if they arrive on time). I shall probably release the panel in this half baked state as the work to attach every relevant gauge is mountainous and is more likely that that will be released when fully tested.

Thanks to Peter Shluter btw for providing the photos for the panel. It's a pity that I can't upload an image for you to see. Anyway it might scare the pant off you if I did lol.