Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

I have to finish the manuels first! :-)

The Spanish are not going to like that!!(joking of course)

The Spanish are not going to like that!!(joking of course)

I could theoretically translate them into Spanish as my wife knows the language. One could try Klingon as a technical language :( not!

Aah, what pleasure, a thread for once, with a sense of humour!!

Just discovered something new in the sim. I did a practice depressurisation crash dive.

Mask on

close thottle

speed brakes up

wing over

watch Vne and ease up to avoid overspeed.

Well  I didn't watch Vne and got an overspeed warning whilst still at 60 plus deg bank. So I pulled on the controls too hard and the screen went black. In other words the sim simulated a black out due to Gloc.

I never knew it could do that!

Were the virtual nurses on hand, when you landed? :LMAO:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Were the virtual nurses on hand, when you landed? :LMAO:

Well it already has a virtual Stewardess. But I have it on good authority that she doesn't like the sight of strawberry jam!

She probably needs cream with it!

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

She probably needs cream with it!

Now where's that recipe for scones?

One thing that's impossible to get here is Cornish clotted cream :(

Now where's that recipe for scones?

One thing that's impossible to get here is Cornish clotted cream :(

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Was the Addictive version ever considered?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Was the Addictive version ever considered?

No! First of all it's payware. So it's the responsability of the developer to "upgrade" it. Secondly in my opinion it's a very poor model. What systems that are modelled are not remotely accurate to put it mildly! I feel sorry for those that bought it thinking it is great because it is in all intents and purposes a waste of money! It has probably the worst example of a VC available and you have to pay for it. I'd rather have a super accurate 2D panel.

Dm's model is far superior in every way and not payware. It only lacks in omissions, mostly.  There are some areas that needed tweaking but mostly as more attention in those areas was required because of the ensuing updates.

Whilst writing up the procedures for the new fuel panel (all 57 items) I discovered a major fuel leak in one of the tanks which has finally now been plugged and sealed with wax! Which related to the fuel selectors. They had an option that was set to "all" tanks thus fuel was showering passengers and ground crew alike from the centre and fin tanks. That has now been rectified. Also the fact that all aircraft (unless spotted by the developer) load with a default "all tanks" setting. That too has been reset. Phew!

Another long term problem now overcome is the problem of thrust. DM's thrust table was ok at the bottom (though a little too strong) but weak at higher power settings. The problem arises from having to overcome the dreaded ground friction problem. The 10 generally taxies at idle except at high loadings. So too much power at the bottom makes it wander off from the stand taking the pushback tug with it. However enough thrust has to be there to allow it to taxi as written on the tin. DM got away with it because his n1 and n2 at idle were much lower than they should be! The relationship between n1 and n2 has now been corrected.  I have had to modify the thrust to be just not quite strong enough at one point and adequate thereafter. Also in cruise on the tin it states that at 0.84 cruise at FL300 and above n2 should be mid to high 80's. Here the real thrust tables provide a very good match.

I would say that now that any ex 10 pilot would feel quite at home. It handles almost exactly like the real thing.

I have recently had a lot of work having to go back and forth to Milan running the periodic crew assesments. Two pilots were late for their appointments and have since been dismissed!!!

Anyway I can now get back to writing up the manuels. But be warned the download when it comes will probably be in two parts as it is enormous!

And the braille version? :Whistle:

Martin Parr

And the braille version? :Whistle:

Ithink you just volunteered :huh:

Peter Schluter