Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Super VC10 Panel Upgrade

I have trouble trying to read the braille on the outer packets of my medications. :rolleyes:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I have trouble trying to read the braille on the outer packets of my medications. :rolleyes:

Obviously you're one of those pilots that say "Look at those people they look just like ants". Po's Response "They are ants Sir!"

:p0307:

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Having had a lot of hot weather with temperatures in the 30's has provided the perfect opportunity to test the factored power settings and the associated TLA. Results spot on! :-)

Next you will be telling us, that because the European Central Bank has issued instructions for all new Euro Notes to be issued are to be printed on Greeceproof paper with immediate affect, there will be a further delay with the Panel! :rolleyes:

Martin Parr

Next you will be telling us, that because the European Central Bank has issued instructions for all new Euro Notes to be issued are to be printed on Greeceproof paper with immediate affect, there will be a further delay with the Panel! :rolleyes:

At least you know that everything will have been tested to destruction so to speak! Having just paid my taxes I don't have any greece proof paper left. Perhaps I could start charging for the updates Hmmmmmm :Just Kidding:

Hi, trust you are OK health wise, as it has been quiet for several weeks. Do you have an update to report on the VC panel?

Regards

Martin Parr

Yes I do. I've been away for a while. But since then I've been working hard on P7 and "Factored Power" P7 is the RR Conway equivalent of EPR being the back half. It is very temperature and pressure sensitive and the calculations are complex. Especially when some anomalies show up. It's looking good though at the moment.

The FE has the P7 gauges in front of him and calculates the thrust required for take-off at any given altitude + temperature. When take-off thrust is applied all the engines must reach the P7 max otherwise the take-off is aborted. As the engines are not FADEC controlled pretty much the only way to control them is through the throttle. This is called "Factored Power". Instead of 100% throttle either 93% or 96% is applied to avoid the engines overspooling and causing damage if the engine limitations are exceeded. Both the throttle percent and P7 are placarded on the chinagraph pad and because sim pilots don't have eyes in the back of their heads (i.e. they can't read the engineer's instruments whilst looking forward) the actual engine P7 is repeated. It's going to be quite an accurate model of engine performance (I would say!). The engine thrust curves in the airfile match perfectly the different requirements of taxiing, breakaway thrust, cruise at M0.84. So now the P7 has been built into the system and the engines largely meet the minimum acceptable numbers. The only thing the simmer must remember t do is to ensure that the temperature and QNH provided by any weather engine are seen in the cockpit and checked otherwise the performance will be totally out!.

If I have time I'll try to do a video. Which will also show the new steering tiller.

I won't release until the manuel is done so some weeks yet. After release I'll concentrate on the electrical and hydraulic systems which as you know are quite complicated on the VC10.

In the mean time please be patient. My overall aim is to get the VC10 to a point where it could be modelled for P3D.

Much appreciated for your reply. Not exactly an issue of waiting, but with the recent upheaval on AVSIM's website availability I had lost all the threads that I was following, plus not being able to get into the forums until now - then I had to hunt for you!

Sounds very good at the precise nature of what you are heading towards to achieve Not a P3D person myself, as FS9 and FSX keep me occupied. Perhaps an early Christmas treat is in the making!

Regards and thank you.

Martin Parr

Glad to read this new panel project is in the works. I'm looking forward to its release also. I had many trips from London to Dhahran back in the day and loved flying on the VC10. 

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Are we getting a present for Christmas?

:Clown:

Martin Parr

My cardiologist informs me that my blood pressure should go down, with the release of the new Super VC10 panel upgrade! 

Martin Parr

Are we getting a present for Christmas?

:Clown:

My cardiologist informs me that my blood pressure should go down, with the release of the new Super VC10 panel upgrade! 

LOL. I have been busy beta testing with PF3 so now it's just a question of finishing the manuel so hopefully March.

To see the new panel in action look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7K102jts0s

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crpKtgPIptQ

and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3flqD_Ne6g

:hi: This is good news for all of us, thank you.

Saw the panel in action video and can see that much work has been undertaken. Will look at the other two videos later. They will intrigue me as Kai Tak was one airport visited during the mid 1960s.

Take Care

Martin Parr

PF3? What is that? Wow, this is the most impressive piece of development I have seen for the VC-10. Unbelievable.

Great video. Fantastic work.

Will this be available for FSX-SE too?