Sign in to follow this  
Nemex

PFPX profile

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a PFPX profile available for the Hawker H850XP?

Thanks!

Andreas

Not until someone will create a specific profile.

There are so many profiles missing in PFPX for aircraft we have tons of information and performance data for that I strongly doubt we'll have an Hawker profile early, if ever, given the fact that we do not have a solid literature about this bird. Most of information we're using so far come from the 800XP.

Anyway, nothing is impossible if someone with inside knowledge will have enough time and will to perform this task (Jim Barrett and PJames being strong candidates :P).

hello,

i do not own the software but you if have the per charts i may help ...

all the best.

Phil

I've made a performance file and a template which can be obtained via the following links:

Template here and the performance file here. Let me know if you have any trouble getting access.

I've done several short and long test flights to check the various phases of flight. After a four hour flight from Norway to Greenland, we burned just 67 lbs more than the flight plan, and that was after a tear-drop approach. ,

We had burned 194 lbs more than the plan by top of climb which we already knew would happen, and this difference slowly reduced during the cruise to being 6 lbs up by top of descent - which is pretty impressive - and using this information I tweaked the biases in the climb and cruise based on the percentage differences. Doing the approach from overhead ended up using 73 lbs more than what the flight plan said we would need from TOD in a straight descent to the airport. This was to be expected, and the book figure of 100 lbs for an IFR procedure has been included in the template.

I've only done figures for what the book calls "normal" climb - 160/250/.70, cruise at 250/280/.75, LRC, and descent at .76/285/250. There are figures for AEO and OEI holding, and OEI cruise at MCT. It's all straight out of the Pilot's Operating Manual, but I haven't tested the OEI performance yet. There are a range of climb (and descent) options available, but the differences didn't seem significant enough to warrant their inclusion. Neither have I (yet) done tables for the various ISA deviations, preferring to use the +/-10 fuel and speed adjustments to save time. I will get around to it eventually, but this gives us something to get started with.

The template also includes a threshold distance of 180 mins (1027 nm) from an adequate airport - again, this is straight out of the manual and applies if you are a Part 135 operation. It can be changed...

Feel free to fiddle with this yourselves of course, and if you come across any anomalies, please let me know. Likewise, I'll make any modifications or additions available as I get to them.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Christopher Allan

No time to test at the moment, but you're doing an awesome job in both threads, Chris.

Many thanks for your efforts.

@ barrel_owl - thankyou for your kind words.

These forums are a fantastic learning resource and it's very humbling when you begin to realise the level of knowledge, experience, dedication and effort that is evident. How do you thank everyone?

I'm just scratching the surface really with a lot of this stuff, so it's nice to be able to share what little I do know (I was a dispatcher in another life). I suspect too that producing tables for FSBuild and PFPX helps to feed the OCD, so it may not be entirely altruistic! Glad you like it though...Big%20Grin.gif

Christopher Allan

Just browsed the forums today and noticed your profile. Did a quick flight in Norway and the calculations were pretty much spot on. TOC, TOD, fuel numbers seem to be fine. I'll try a longer flight soon, thanks so much for your work!

Glad to help. Hoping to get onto the OEI performance over the next few days.

Christopher Allan

I've made a performance file and a template which can be obtained via the following links:

Template here and the performance file here. Let me know if you have any trouble getting access.

I've done several short and long test flights to check the various phases of flight. After a four hour flight from Norway to Greenland, we burned just 67 lbs more than the flight plan, and that was after a tear-drop approach. ,

We had burned 194 lbs more than the plan by top of climb which we already knew would happen, and this difference slowly reduced during the cruise to being 6 lbs up by top of descent - which is pretty impressive - and using this information I tweaked the biases in the climb and cruise based on the percentage differences. Doing the approach from overhead ended up using 73 lbs more than what the flight plan said we would need from TOD in a straight descent to the airport. This was to be expected, and the book figure of 100 lbs for an IFR procedure has been included in the template.

I've only done figures for what the book calls "normal" climb - 160/250/.70, cruise at 250/280/.75, LRC, and descent at .76/285/250. There are figures for AEO and OEI holding, and OEI cruise at MCT. It's all straight out of the Pilot's Operating Manual, but I haven't tested the OEI performance yet. There are a range of climb (and descent) options available, but the differences didn't seem significant enough to warrant their inclusion. Neither have I (yet) done tables for the various ISA deviations, preferring to use the +/-10 fuel and speed adjustments to save time. I will get around to it eventually, but this gives us something to get started with.

The template also includes a threshold distance of 180 mins (1027 nm) from an adequate airport - again, this is straight out of the manual and applies if you are a Part 135 operation. It can be changed...

Feel free to fiddle with this yourselves of course, and if you come across any anomalies, please let me know. Likewise, I'll make any modifications or additions available as I get to them.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Well at least you don't have to make a topcat file since they gave us performance tables

Yes indeedy! From what I can gather the TopCat files are quite a mission to produce which is why they only exist for a handful of aircraft. I don't think it's as easy as just building some tables. Never tried, actually...

Christopher Allan

Yes indeedy! From what I can gather the TopCat files are quite a mission to produce which is why they only exist for a handful of aircraft. I don't think it's as easy as just building some tables. Never tried, actually...

Well thanks again for making the pfpx file and if you ever do try to make a topcat file. Good luck.

Enjoy!

Do you just take the template you have made and place it into the the pfpx data/templates area? I've been doing that, but it doesn't show on the list. 

Evan Hardin 

Evan

The performance file goes in the AircraftTypes folder, and the template goes in the AircraftTemplates folder. From that you should then be able to create individual aircraft files for the various regos you fly. PFPX will create and store them in the Aircraft folder.

PM me if you have any issues.

Christopher Allan

@X24 Thank you very much, it works wonderful! No I can fly my plane with an actual flight plan!!

Best regards!  

Late thanks for the templates for the Hawker... Working very good... 😎

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556