Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Generic Normal Checklist and Yoke Checklist Replacement

Hello fellow 737NGX simmers,

this is a small project I had on my mind for a long time but I never really felt the need to do it. I always wanted to have a generic Normal Checklist I could print on a DIN A4 paper which doesn't reflect any airline specific items, phraseology or logos but still has got a clean and easy to read layout. As of today I have finally started and finished it and addtionally created a replacement texture for the yoke checklist shown in the virtual cockpit of the 737NGX.

The items of the Normal Checklist are based on the information coming with Boeing's Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) document provided by PMDG. So these are not made up by myself or contain any airline specific data but should reflect the most common things you would see on a 737 Normal Checklist.

You might ask why I did a replacment texture for the virtual cockpit of the NGX. I always felt that PMDG's default yoke checklist contained lots of items not mentioned in todays Normal Checklist for the 737NG. In 2005 Boeing actually revsied the Normal Checklist and simplified it by only retaining the critical items, primarily those related to aviation safety. I don't claim that PMDG's version is wrong but I just do prefer the simplified version of it.

Here are two previews of the Normal Checklist and yoke checklist, so you can see what you are up to if you consider downloading it.

B737_NG_Normal_Checklist.jpg

B737_NG_Yoke_Checklist.jpg

You can download the files here.

The rear page doesn't contain any information yet. I am still considering adding content here (i.e. wind component chart etc.). Feel free to give your input here. Also I have got a DIN A4 long version on my mind but I am not really convinced so far.

I printed out the checklist on a DIN A4 HP flyer paper – which is a bit thicker than a normal A4 paper – and  laminted it. I am quite satisfied with the result.

Comments welcome.

Best regards,

Pretty good. I've replaced the yoke lists with customized ones a few months ago, they contain even less than yours (no before takeoff, so really only the in-flight ones), otherwise they are very similar except for one or two very minor items. Anyways thanks for the work, I'm sure many will find them useful! And they look very good as well IMHO.

sig.gif

You are welcome guys! I am already working on a updated version of the Normal Checklist.

Very nice work

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi! Have you taken the files down? I'm interested in trying this new yoke texture.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Oh boy... I hope this doesn't go where I think it is going to go... EULA etc...

Can not download anymore 404 Error

Christain Mohr removed those files over a year ago from his Dropbox account. That why you receive the link is broken message. I don't imagine he will be reposting it anytime soon.

On 5/31/2015 at 3:52 PM, mcnobody said:

this is a small project I had on my mind for a long time but I never really felt the need to do it. I always wanted to have a generic Normal Checklist I could print on a DIN A4 paper which doesn't reflect any airline specific items, phraseology or logos but still has got a clean and easy to read layout. As of today I have finally started and finished it and addtionally created a replacement texture for the yoke checklist shown in the virtual cockpit of the 737NGX.

The items of the Normal Checklist are based on the information coming with Boeing's Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) document provided by PMDG. So these are not made up by myself or contain any airline specific data but should reflect the most common things you would see on a 737 Normal Checklist.

You might ask why I did a replacment texture for the virtual cockpit of the NGX. I always felt that PMDG's default yoke checklist contained lots of items not mentioned in todays Normal Checklist for the 737NG. In 2005 Boeing actually revsied the Normal Checklist and simplified it by only retaining the critical items, primarily those related to aviation safety. I don't claim that PMDG's version is wrong but I just do prefer the simplified version of it.

Here are two previews of the Normal Checklist and yoke checklist, so you can see what you are up to if you consider downloading it.

B737_NG_Normal_Checklist.jpg

B737_NG_Yoke_Checklist.jpg

The rear page doesn't contain any information yet. I am still considering adding content here (i.e. wind component chart etc.). Feel free to give your input here. Also I have got a DIN A4 long version on my mind but I am not really convinced so far.

I printed out the checklist on a DIN A4 HP flyer paper – which is a bit thicker than a normal A4 paper – and  laminted it. I am quite satisfied with the result.

Comments welcome.

Best regards,

Hello Christian.

Any chance you can re-upload these files (the checklist and yoke texture). or put them permanently in Avsims library?

I would highly appreciate that, a plain checklist like the one you made is impossible to find apparently.

Frederik Pedersen