Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

So P3D just removed itself.

Im sorry for making yet another topic, but strange things are happening to P3D on my pc.

Like yesterday, suddenly all my controls and assignment was set to default. Thats ok, easy fix.

But today.. the Lockheed Martin folder in Program Files (x86) is just gone.. vanished. I try starting P3D via the icon on my desktop, but it telling me that it has been moved. The hard drive it was installed on went from 115 gb free space to 161 gb during the night.

The strange thing is though, P3D is still showing under add/remove programs, the folder in both ProgramData and AppData is still there, but the main folder is all gone.. and i dont know where.

What could have caused this and why would it just happen all random?

Similar thing happened to me with another piece of software - I ran an installer for it, then realized my mistake and cancelled the install before it went too far. It trashed everything in the directories though in its cleanup so I had a strange half installed setup.

Possible this could be your issue?

Similar thing happened to me with another piece of software - I ran an installer for it, then realized my mistake and cancelled the install before it went too far. It trashed everything in the directories though in its cleanup so I had a strange half installed setup.

Possible this could be your issue?

Well, i ran P3D (worked 100%) before i turned off my pc last night. When i got up today, first thing i did was uinstalling REX Soft Clouds, and after that P3D was gone. So that might have been the issue.. But it shouldnt be like that though, one small software ruining the whole sim.

Well, i ran P3D (worked 100%) before i turned off my pc last night. When i got up today, first thing i did was uinstalling REX Soft Clouds, and after that P3D was gone. So that might have been the issue.. But it shouldnt be like that though, one small software ruining the whole sim.

Stranger things have happened... Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. 

Woh.  That's mind boggling.  I hope you post something over at REX just in case.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Stranger things have happened... Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. 

No worries buddy! I ran the installer now and managed to repair it. Hopefully its good to go soon!

Woh.  That's mind boggling.  I hope you post something over at REX just in case.

Yup, will post it there aswell!

Sounds to me like you may be losing your hard drive . How old is it? If you are losing sectors which is the way it starts going, and your P3D happens to be on one of those sectors, that's all it takes. Might want to run some software to check the condition of your HD. http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-health-monitoring-utility.htm

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sounds to me like you may be losing your hard drive . How old is it? If you are losing sectors which is the way it starts going, and your P3D happens to be on one of those sectors, that's all it takes. Might want to run some software to check the condition of your HD. http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-health-monitoring-utility.htm

I bought it last summer.

CrystalDiskInfo gave the status 'Good' to other drives, but it was blank on the drive where i have P3D and Windows.

DiskCheckup gives the status "OK" to the disk with P3D and Windows.

Under the SMART info tab it gives me this:

http://i.imgur.com/hmuHWqO.png

What do you think? is it failing?