Sign in to follow this  
Driftingisfun106

WINDOWS 10

It has not launched yet... Wait until July 29.

OR, you can still get the technical preview on their website. Just google it and install it to your computer or a virtual machine, and check it out.

I have the preview.  If you want to play some of your stuff may not work - yes because of drivers.  For instance, my Creative Recon PCI Pro won't work correctly until 
Creative releases the drivers in late June.  For now I'm using the 8.1 driver but only stereo.  I did install FSX Steam and am working to get everything installed.

I think that I heard that we will be able to update the preview version.

Also - if you want to get the preview now then the first thing you should install is the nVidia ( if you have an nvidia) 352.84 Windows 10 preview driver which lacks DSR currently.

The good thing is that Windows 10 is purported to fix the controller dropout issues.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I'd be very careful upgrating to Windows 10 early in its release.  Wait until others have had some expreience with the release before subjecting yourself to a big learning curve. 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Well, to get it, you gotta wait 'til end July, & it's free for at least a year.

According to what guys are saying, the preview is working very well with all the sims.

So, wait until then. As far as the preview installation goes, it is only a preview & things could/will change. Could be a hassle to upgrade from the preview to the full install?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I have two computers with windows 7 installed so all test one with windows ten and no problems for 6 months then all put version 10 on other computer.

It has not launched yet... Wait until July 29.

OR, you can still get the technical preview on their website. Just google it and install it to your computer or a virtual machine, and check it out.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing it because I do want to try it out before others. Plus, its only out for a little from what the little app says. I also heard that it ran better. But I don't know. I'll try it later this weekend (maybe) and find out what happens if it's still there. I also was thinking of backing up my files (especially FSDT to a cloud of some sort but I'm not 1000% sure it will reinstall!!!) 

I have the preview.  If you want to play some of your stuff may not work - yes because of drivers.  For instance, my Creative Recon PCI Pro won't work correctly until 

Creative releases the drivers in late June.  For now I'm using the 8.1 driver but only stereo.  I did install FSX Steam and am working to get everything installed.

I think that I heard that we will be able to update the preview version.

Also - if you want to get the preview now then the first thing you should install is the nVidia ( if you have an nvidia) 352.84 Windows 10 preview driver which lacks DSR currently.

The good thing is that Windows 10 is purported to fix the controller dropout issues.

Regards

jja

Yeah, that was one of my concerns which were obviously the drivers. I know they still have a lot of bugs from what I heard on fourms from Microsoft. Although, the joystick drop out sounds good right about now when switching from my home screen back to FSX... Hmm more thoughts on it now...

~Cheers  ^_^

I'd be very careful upgrating to Windows 10 early in its release.  Wait until others have had some expreience with the release before subjecting yourself to a big learning curve. 

Yeah, this is my first time doing this (if I did do it anyway!) Although what's great is that once I get it I keep it and don't have to pay for it haha...  :lol:

Well, to get it, you gotta wait 'til end July, & it's free for at least a year.

According to what guys are saying, the preview is working very well with all the sims.

So, wait until then. As far as the preview installation goes, it is only a preview & things could/will change. Could be a hassle to upgrade from the preview to the full install?

Agreed, I shall wait a few more days and see what happens. Thank you for your comment!

I have two computers with windows 7 installed so all test one with windows ten and no problems for 6 months then all put version 10 on other computer.

Sounds great, is it better than windows 7 by chance?